Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Who played well against Fremantle?

• Luke Brown

• Jordon Butts

• Matt Crouch

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones

• Ben Keays

• Ned McHenry

• Andrew McPherson

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Lachlan Sholl (sub)

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricciuto to Dawson - 'it's even more special when you're playing in South Australia and you've got your friends and family here'

Maybe true but what would Rachele and Soligo be thinking at that point?
Don't think they'd be thinking anything given the entire Soligo family were there and Rachele's grandad was there

Why do people put so much emphasis on how many stats a player accumulates as if it proves how valuable they are..

Pointless getting 35 possessions if 15 of them are sideways chips or pointless handballs, 10 of them are kicks to no one or OOB on the full.

You’d take a 20 possession game from Christian Petracca over a 35 possesion game from Keays/sloane or laird everyday of the week and twice on Sundays..

But “laird had a bad game” is often met with “oh, come on, he got 35 possesions!!”
Don't forget the one step, lean backwards, off balance skyball. He gets 5-6 of those a game. I love Laird but gosh darn its just frustrating when he is a pretty accurate 30M short passer.

It was something to do with going out and drinking when he was trying to stay fit to be picked up this year.
He was never going to get fit, his body had done all it could and had packed it in.
The AFC knew it, Talia knew it and every other club in the league knew it.
It was a pretty sour way to finish his career at the AFC.
For some reason, we seem to have a lot of senior players that struggle to recognise their time is done

This is pretty interesting:
"Adelaide young gun Josh Rachele's debut against the Dockers on Sunday can be pencilled in as the best AFL debut we've seen in over a decade"
(The Deep Dive: Rachele's dream debut the best in over a decade)

He'll get more defensive attention after that debut from oppo hard-nuts who'll be assigned to shut him down.
It'll be interesting to see how he copes.

"Adelaide young gun Josh Rachele's debut against the Dockers on Sunday can be pencilled in as the best AFL debut we've seen in over a decade"

He'll get more defensive attention after that debut from oppo hard-nuts who'll be assigned to shut him down.
It'll be interesting to see how he copes.
Yet he still didnt get the rising star..

Not taking anything away from the lad that did though.. he had a game too..

Could argue they shouldve maybe shared the nom..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe winning/losing side was the deciding factor?
Martin got 27 disposals, had 5 goals too, but kicked 3 of his when the game was iced and Geelong were cruising

Rachele kicked his when the game was on the line and completely turned the momentum for us, that was the bigger difference for me.

Victorian team was always gonna get it though, even if we won it wouldn't surprise me if Martin got it first.

Sholl would've likely got himself a 30 touch game if he played 4 quarters, he was everywhere in the 2nd half.

Thought he earned himself a starting spot on the ground in week 2. I hope he can lock into some nice form early and get a few people off his back for a while.

It was actually quite amusing how fast and hard folks jumped off the Lachie Sholl train last year. Felt like he went from a 2 time rising star / best kick in the team / Agrade wingman of the next decade. To the second coming of Rory Atkins and delist material in the span of a month.

But then again this is the Adelaide Crows Big Footy site. Sticking with young outside mid's has never really been our Jam.
Agreed. 20 disposals for Sholl in the second half

Martin got 27 disposals, had 5 goals too, but kicked 3 of his when the game was iced and Geelong were cruising

Rachele kicked his when the game was on the line and completely turned the momentum for us, that was the bigger difference for me.

Victorian team was always gonna get it though, even if we won it wouldn't surprise me if Martin got it first.
Be good to know who votes on the RS and their reasons for picking a player each week.
I feel this week it would be something like:
Well we actually watched Martins game so we went with him.

Be good to know who votes on the RS and their reasons for picking a player each week.
I feel this week it would be something like:
Well we actually watched Martins game so we went with him.
There’s also probably a desire to create some good news at the Dons after such a terrible performance. Also, they probably assume Rachele will be good for another bag at some point.

I rewatched the last 15 or so mins last night. The main thing I noticed was not that we ran out of legs but rather we panicked and resorted to slamming the ball on the boot (worse than usual).

Some notes:

TT had three turnovers by foot in this time, which Freo scored 2.1 from.

McHenry burned Schoenberg when he had that running shot at goal. The latter gave him a massive spray.

At one stage we had the mismatch of Murray on Switcowski (who possibly deserves a Callum Chambers Club nomination for his game on the weekend). End result was Murray going third man up for an aerial contest, leaving Switcowski to crumb an easy goal.

Crouch completely ran out of legs in this time, which allowed Brayshaw to get off the leash. Somewhat understandable given he is coming back from 12 months out.

Young killed us in the latter stages. I mean really killed us. He was marking everything and his ball use was elite. He's going to be a serious player but it was poor coaching to let him run around like an unregistered dog.

Butts could have marked that ball he rushed, that put Freo within 5 points. Compare that to the Freo defender on the goal line at the other end.

Brown made a pissweak tackling attempt straight after that fateful TT turnover.

Rowe, Sholl, Schoenberg and Smith were all guilty of panic kicking into the forward line in this time. Smith's kick hit Rachele at least.

It'll be interesting to see how he c

I rewatched the last 15 or so mins last night. The main thing I noticed was not that we ran out of legs but rather we panicked and resorted to slamming the ball on the boot (worse than usual).

Some notes:

TT had three turnovers by foot in this time, which Freo scored 2.1 from.

McHenry burned Schoenberg when he had that running shot at goal. The latter gave him a massive spray.

At one stage we had the mismatch of Murray on Switcowski (who possibly deserves a Callum Chambers Club nomination for his game on the weekend). End result was Murray going third man up for an aerial contest, leaving Switcowski to crumb an easy goal.

Crouch completely ran out of legs in this time, which allowed Brayshaw to get off the leash. Somewhat understandable given he is coming back from 12 months out.

Young killed us in the latter stages. I mean really killed us. He was marking everything and his ball use was elite. He's going to be a serious player but it was poor coaching to let him run around like an unregistered dog.

Butts could have marked that ball he rushed, that put Freo within 5 points. Compare that to the Freo defender on the goal line at the other end.

Brown made a pissweak tackling attempt straight after that fateful TT turnover.

Rowe, Sholl, Schoenberg and Smith were all guilty of panic kicking into the forward line in this time. Smith's kick hit Rachele at least.
Good summary.
I can't remember where I posted earlier this week that this could have been an important loss. So many lessons for so many players. I'm confident the coaches and players themselves would have been all over last weeks performance.
I'm expecting a big improvement this week. Hope so anyway 😃

Back