Review Rachele, Bad & Ugly v Fremantle (Round 1)

Who played well against Fremantle?

• Luke Brown

• Jordon Butts

• Matt Crouch

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones

• Ben Keays

• Ned McHenry

• Andrew McPherson

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Lachlan Sholl (sub)

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It annoys me every single time Rowe gets the ball loose in play he stops, props, then the tackler closes in on him and he is rushed.

Is this something he got away with at lower levels?
He plays like his father.

There’s no evidence to suggest he can play as a stoppage mid. It’s fair to give it a crack, but there’s no reason yet to think it’ll work.
Everyone wants a different look on midfield then we we do it people don’t want it !

The only reason he didn’t play stoppage mid last year was because swans weren’t ready to get Kennedy out of there yet and had put Mills in there as the new guy

They’d been playing Dawson there in neafl for last 12 weeks the year before and he’d been playing very well

I’m not saying all the time but he could easily spend 30-40% on there to give us a different look so we aren’t so same same

Got to remember he’s coming in today off no practice games , new club and barely trained for a month

They still put him on there so I can see it happening again

Murray looks like he’s improving every game, if he can get better at one on one. We have found another very good backman.
Sholl was good but he has no hit factor at all, just don’t know if he will make it. Has the talent but he needs to become more involved going forward and creating play.
I think it was workrate as much as skills in that first half because Freo always had an extra player or 2 free .

Rachele may have just saved us because he has Betts like qualities and will give us highlights for years to come

Imagine having Laird/Crouch/Sloane. The lack of speed. Keays has a lot of grunt/speed comapred to these guys. If Keays had great disposal, he'd be elite. It's the only thing holding him back.

You don't need great disposal to be an elite player, just passable to solid if everything else is there.

I'd say Keays took a step towards being an elite player today. A casual 37 disposals, 542 meters gained, 12 score involvements and some serious defensive numbers to boot is a very good way to start a season.

Everyone wants a different look on midfield then we we do it people don’t want it !

The only reason he didn’t play stoppage mid last year was because swans weren’t ready to get Kennedy out of there yet and had put Mills in there as the new guy

They’d been playing Dawson there in neafl for last 12 weeks the year before and he’d been playing very well

I’m not saying all the time but he could easily spend 30-40% on there to give us a different look so we aren’t so same same

Got to remember he’s coming in today off no practice games , new club and barely trained for a month

They still put him on there so I can see it happening again

I can see him back in there too, as I said, it’s a worthwhile experiment. I just think there’s nothing yet to suggest he can play there.

Pedlar for Sloane is obvious but we aint that sort of club, we exist to embrace mediocrity.
Disagree. Berry would be his best replacement. I love Pedlar, but I reckon his role should be different.
Sloane really was very, very awful, just like in the trials. Do you realise that he was ranked our 5th-best on the AFL website, to go with the third-best in one of our trials? He must have some photos. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get those who were criticising Keays during the Gameday thread - saying we'll never be good while he is in our midfield. Cripes. He worked his arse off, had 5 tackles to go with his 37 dispoals, with 12 score involvements.

Give me that every week.

He and Crouch worked really well together. We just need another mid to step up (esp one with speed, so not Sloane)
Yep, I hope the haters were listening to a Brownlow medalist no less in Gerard Healy rapping him up all day, reckon Gerard has a few clues.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

I can see him back in there too, as I said, it’s a worthwhile experiment. I just think there’s nothing yet to suggest he can play there.
Yep fair enough , I’ve seen him play there well , admittedly not at AFL level so I think it’s worth persisting with a small percentage of the time ( less than 50%)

Needed Fog on the goal line at the end there

TBH I don’t think it would of made much difference. Murray was doing the absolute right thing and playing in front for the quick hack kick. Keays just flushed it low and hard which meant Chapman was in the ideal spot and Murray had too much ground to make up. Just one of those things.

Rowe's best game for us.
Rachele.. what can you say, close to 3 brownlow votes.
First half shithouse. I'd it wasn't for the third quarter I'd already be giving up on the season and looking for draft pick #1

Back