Racing RACING FUTURES

Remove this Banner Ad

Vow and Declare is fave for the Lexus Hotham Handicap. Is it in its best interest to run a good race but not win incase it gets extra weight for Melb Cup or do you just take wins when you can. This is even if there is a penalty. Genuine question.

Vow and Declare is fave for the Lexus Hotham Handicap. Is it in its best interest to run a good race but not win incase it gets extra weight for Melb Cup or do you just take wins when you can. This is even if there is a penalty. Genuine question.

It won’t run as it’s in the Cup field already.

It won’t run as it’s in the Cup field already.

As Paris said won’t run. No need
Mentioned earlier still think 3 will come out that are 23-25 in OOE
Think by default Red Galileo is best bet for Lexus
Happy for it to win and firm up pushing out odds of better chances

Promos galore, only book I get them with is Pointsbet but this Saturday they got every flem race 2nd 3rd or 4th a pineapple in freebies back. To go with there top 10 in Vic Derby freebie back. Should give us a free pop at most things Tuesday.

What are people’s thoughts on this Derby? Strange results on the weekend out of the Spring Champions. CV super, Battenburg and Just Thinkin’ awful.

SH deserved favourite but what about the price? Intriguing race.

What are people’s thoughts on this Derby? Strange results on the weekend out of the Spring Champions. CV super, Battenburg and Just Thinkin’ awful.

Soul Patch/ Shadow Hero

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CV was obviously the best run out of the Spring Champion, as was debated on the day and after the the CP it is even more evident.

These horses are not really far from being classified as 2yo's so they can fall apart pretty quick when stepping up to 2000+. Don't try and get a line through two horses failing because they just didn't get up for the race. It's a standard Spring Champion bit of a bunched finish so treat it accordingly.

Hoping they forget about SH like they did Ace High a couple of years ago - looks the dominant horse and should be a well deserved fave. Expecting him to win as easily as Ace High did.

Sportsbet already have a market up for next years Everest, not surprising.

Pinatubo $15.

good if you want to wait 12 months for your winnings.

More likely to race at Mount Everest than Australia

I think CV went to a different level on thee weekend with the positive ride and the blinkers, touch of the Shamus there.

I think race shape will play a big part here. Last year was a capacity field with several runners from a couple of big stables who were going to make damn sure the sit-sprint milker who was short priced fave didn’t get his own way. And it was brutal.

A repeat and SH is very hard to beat but a smaller field and/or less pressure and I’m not so sure.

Will wait and see the final field.

While I’m at it, I wish people would stop word-playing with these offspring of SYT. They’re dud names and I can never bloody remember them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back