Racing RACING FUTURES

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been watching horse racing for way too long to fall for a performance like Hanseatic. Thats why i never jumped on the Jumbo Ozaki bandwagon because he might have been dominant at his first start but time was not flash. Its all about the opposition and Hanseatics opposition was legless.
Anyway if the pros were impressed it would be much shorter than the $4.50 you can get right now.
Hanseatic also flogged Away Game in the Merson Cooper. And the pros are clearly more impressed with Hanseatic than Fresh at twIce the price, so that’s not much of an argument

Hanseatic also flogged Away Game in the Merson Cooper. And the pros are clearly more impressed with Hanseatic than Fresh at twIce the price, so that’s not much of an argument
the Magic millions is a garbage race and is not relevant to anything as its a restricted race. Away Game will have its birthday every year at the MM because it will meet the same crap opposition

agree with you there lol 2yo racing has ruined our WFA racing indirectly
Trashed it. When I first followed the caper, we were winning Japan Cups. Imagine that now- someone telling you they had an Aussie horse to win that race- you’d maintain eye contact and back slowly toward the door...

I just had a look at the futures market for the Orr,.. boy oh boy is that market wrong. Does anyone know who is going to run? Scales of Justice is currently fave lol Alabama Express $6????????????? you are kidding! Is Melody belle or Mystic Journey running?

Trashed it. When I first followed the caper, we were winning Japan Cups. Imagine that now- someone telling you they had an Aussie horse to win that race- you’d maintain eye contact and back slowly toward the door...
ive had so many arguments with this board saying how good our racing was back in the 1990s compared to today, They dont believe me but we had the best horses in the world by far...then we copied Europe... worst mistake ever

Not sure about the Europe thing. They have about a third as many G1s as us and don’t go in for all this restricted race/novelty s**t that we do. They produce far superior horses, which is why we’re importing them faster than you can say “two year old squib”.

The Australian breeding industry is that most peculiar of things- making so much money from such manifestly dismal results. You need to prop it up wit all this restricted and novelty garbage. How long can that last?

Not sure about the Europe thing. They have about a third as many G1s as us and don’t go in for all this restricted race/novelty s**t that we do. They produce far superior horses, which is why we’re importing them faster than you can say “two year old squib”.

The Australian breeding industry is that most peculiar of things- making so much money from such manifestly dismal results. You need to prop it up wit all this restricted and novelty garbage. How long can that last?
its the greatest rort going around! It will fall apart once the next recession comes, especially if Asia is affected too, god help the racing industry then.

To be fair

The US has a premier sale average of like $740k AUD, Japan 670k, England $500k, Aus Inglis Easter $340k.

England also with their different owner distribution it's uncommon for the best horses to be sold at public auction.

Another comparison

Tapit averaged 1.10M AUD, Real Impact 1.70M, Galileo 1.16M, Snitzel 537k.

It's all relative.

Last edited:
I just had a look at the futures market for the Orr,.. boy oh boy is that market wrong. Does anyone know who is going to run? Scales of Justice is currently fave lol Alabama Express $6????????????? you are kidding! Is Melody belle or Mystic Journey running?

Scales may be going sprinting path but surely that includes the Orr. At Caulfield I can't think of anything that will take favouritism off him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the Magic millions is a garbage race and is not relevant to anything as its a restricted race. Away Game will have its birthday every year at the MM because it will meet the same crap opposition

That's why I still think Yes Yes Yes is a solid cat who can't do anything outside restricted race grade :thumbsu:

As I said post Australia Stakes - a weak Orr is ready made for SoJ - you yourself said - who else is going to turn up?

I believe MJ has to go Futurity first up due to the setback

ive had so many arguments with this board saying how good our racing was back in the 1990s compared to today, They dont believe me but we had the best horses in the world by far...then we copied Europe... worst mistake ever

The Japan Cup was utter dogshit when BLU won it - Horlicks won it the year before FFS - would be like Melody Belle going over there and winning it now - he wouldn't run a drum these days with a similar performance.

What did we copy Europe in doing so bad.

We have never even been in conversation for best horses in the world. We may be getting close to being able to be the best sprinting nation but that's as far as it goes and still Europe can have us covered 50% of the years and the odd US horse.

We have never even been in conversation for best horses in the world. We may be getting close to being able to be the best sprinting nation but that's as far as it goes and still Europe can have us covered 50% of the years and the odd US horse.

Who else would be in the conversation?

The Japan Cup was utter dogshit when BLU won it - Horlicks won it the year before FFS - would be like Melody Belle going over there and winning it now - he wouldn't run a drum these days with a similar performance.
We have done this 100 times. That was the championship race of the world at the time. and if you go on about the Arc Strawberry road ran a place and he was about the 5th best horse at the time. WE were better by miles.

the worst copying was the stupid ratings system abomination we have. I see absolutely no reason to use it and all it causes is terrible country racing and devaluing all city racing as well. It also is a good reason to run horses cold so they can go back in class. WE imported hacks that didnt suit our breeding and ruined the quality of horse as well. We brought over synthetic crap when we didnt need it and look how those all turned out.
Japan copied our racing AFTER BLU, Horlicks and Naturilism and look what happened to them.

'
Well we are Honkers on the breeding scene anyway. Cannot really include them as they are composite.

The discussion is being based on where they race rather than where they are bred. Breeding is a world game these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back