Rumour Racism class action against the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the victims of Jim Krakours crimes would be keeping an eye on how much he may be paid out

Then seek compensation of him
If he's part of the class action.

I got no legal background but would a statute of limitation apply here? I reckon it will be tough for guys that have retired last year to claim their whole lives have been affected. The AFL will point to the vilification policy, banning racist fans etc

That being said, guys like Phil Krakouer absolutely copped it back in the 70s and 80s. It was bloody ugly at times.

And right on cue the racist card comes out

You implying that no voters are racist?
Yes I think many of them are.

some people on here seem to be implying that Phil krakouer doesnt deserve compensation because he did some bad things on or off field.

those children who suffered at the hands of the church who led a life of drug and alcohol abuse and crime probably don’t deserve compensation and recognition of the trauma and it’s impacts either according to some.

Have rules / policies in place that address the issue adequately and apply them when applicable.

That's what it will come down to. Did the V/AFL do this? My uninformed guess, probably not back in the 80s but it more recent times probably.

Definitely the last 20 years has been different. 30 years ago was not long after Brereton gave Lewis a spray so for sure was happening, as that was also the time of Winmar's statement.

40 years and further back it was rife.

I do wonder if the players from decades ago risk hurting their claim by having recently retired players when the AFL has very strict policies and penalties.

I'm undecided on which way I'm going but the personal insults from the Yes camp aren't helping their cause.

If they lose the vote they'll only have themselves to blame.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Exactly

The more the Yes campaign calls out no voters as racist the more votes they lose.

Happy for them to keep this up

some people on here seem to be implying that Phil krakouer doesnt deserve compensation because he did some bad things on or off field.

those children who suffered at the hands of the church who led a life of drug and alcohol abuse and crime probably don’t deserve compensation and recognition of the trauma and it’s impacts either according to some.
What did Phil do off field?

it was Jim with the bad record.

The victims of his crimes are more entitled to compensation from him. Not saying he’s not entitled to anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely the last 20 years has been different. 30 years ago was not long after Brereton gave Lewis a spray so for sure was happening, as that was also the time of Winmar's statement.

40 years and further back it was rife.

I do wonder if the players from decades ago risk hurting their claim by having recently retired players when the AFL has very strict policies and penalties.
Up until a couple of years ago every kid in juvenile detention in the NT was indigenous and when three kids withoput covid bailed from the covid quarantine camp it caused a territory wide man hunt while people who weren't indigenous were reportedly walking in and out of the place on multiple occasions. So if nothing else the NT is a racist territory.

And right on cue the racist card comes out

You implying that no voters are racist?
The only legitimate reason to vote no is that federal Australian authority over indigenous people in this country is itself illegitimate and the voice is an attempt to legitimise that authority when it shouldn't be legitimised without a treaty (or really multiple treaties with states) first.

The only people who really think that way are radical black rights and indigenous sovereignty types.

Up until a couple of years ago every kid in juvenile detention in the NT was indigenous and when three kids withoput covid bailed from the covid quarantine camp it caused a territory wide man hunt while people who weren't indigenous were reportedly walking in and out of the place on multiple occasions. So if nothing else the NT is a racist territory.

How many were repeat offenders with homes where there was no chance they could reform?

How about non-indigenous?

If non indigenous people escape lockups (of any kind) do thry let them just go ?

The only legitimate reason to vote no is that federal Australian authority over indigenous people in this country is itself illegitimate and the voice is an attempt to legitimise that authority when it shouldn't be legitimised without a treaty (or really multiple treaties with states) first.

The only people who really think that way are radical black rights and indigenous sovereignty types.

I mean the actual rules for what the Voice can and cant do arent known, so that would lend some weight to voting no.

Plus the argument that people should be treated equally and treating people unequally is not that.

My biggest concern will be the in-fighting when 150 different groups all demand representation and 150 different demands have to be heard before anything can be done.

Im not sure that is enough to have me vote no. But the idea that there is simply no legitimate reason to vote no is ridiculous.

I mean the actual rules for what the Voice can and cant do arent known, so that would lend some weight to voting no.

Plus the argument that people should be treated equally and treating people unequally is not that.

My biggest concern will be the in-fighting when 150 different groups all demand representation and 150 different demands have to be heard before anything can be done.

Im not sure that is enough to have me vote no. But the idea that there is simply no legitimate reason to vote no is ridiculous.
The heritage laws recently overturned in WA due to the s**t fight it caused are just a snippet of what’s to come with the voice

Albo can’t even explain the detail. The fools even to lazy to read the full 28 page document.

Another complaint where the accusers wanted a handout while remaining hidden.

I like this idea that the AFL has the power to stop racism. Just click their fingers and its gone.

Quickly scanning the article, the claim goes back to 1975.

Phil was in Mt Barker then, pre WAFL, pre VFL.

Looks like a “blanket claim”.

Quickly scanning the article, the claim goes back to 1975.

Phil was in Mt Barker then, pre WAFL, pre VFL.

Looks like a “blanket claim”.

Oh I for sure think there is merit to looking historically at the AFL. Clubs are looking at themselves.

But not sure what sort of findings will happen. Is there an expectation that the VFL / AFL should always have be better than society?

Is it just a "we deserve money" ? Or some other goal. Cyril said he wasnt after money.

In the last 20 years the AFL have done a lot to be better.

1694958529384.png

I was regularly called a fat campaigner by opposition players at junior footy 20 years ago. I'm going to sue the EFL.

Sick of these money grabbing arseholes.
Being a fat campaigner is a result of your life decisions, I cant see a world where that can be in the same bucket as suffering abuse purely for being born indegenous. I say this as a fellow fat campaigner. No malice intended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back