Racism, I need educating

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest one reads the section where Darwin classes the civilizations here prior to British invasion, as one rung above the animal kingdom. Yet they knew more about our solar system than any British scientist did at that time. They had been hunting whales and using the fat to treat arthritis for thousands of years before England even existed. What he wrote, was used by right wing English politicians to stop any human rights investigations into the genocide here. It allowed England to campaign against slavery, slavery was the chief labor source of the former colonies in North America,who they had just lost a costly war too.

Was Darwin bullying or was he just plain racist?

Specifically what did the aboriginal community know about the solar system that the British scientific community didn't?

11260831_450563181735389_4676403690791692439_n.jpg

Funny thing is if you put a rich kid amongst some poor ones, it'd be the rich kid getting it

I know a bloke who played reserves for Collingwood a while back. He went to a private school and said it wasn't a great experience (and you could probably say the reverse re Hawthorn and Darren Millane, non drafting of aborigines / overrepresentation of private school kids etc)

Having taught in a remote community for the first time, I've started to question a few things.

I like to think that I'm not racist, and that overall I'm a reasonably intelligent person. But I definitely had a few racist thoughts while I was there.

And I don't know if I made a profound understanding while I was there, or if I just tried to find an explanation for why the Aboriginal community was that way.

I'm not an idiot. I know there is an ideal world view and an actual world view.

I've not read this thread, I just saw the title, and it fit perfectly!

Having taught in a remote community for the first time, I've started to question a few things.

I like to think that I'm not racist, and that overall I'm a reasonably intelligent person. But I definitely had a few racist thoughts while I was there.

And I don't know if I made a profound understanding while I was there, or if I just tried to find an explanation for why the Aboriginal community was that way.

I'm not an idiot. I know there is an ideal world view and an actual world view.

I've not read this thread, I just saw the title, and it fit perfectly!
Just to add to this. Basically my thoughts began being what a lazy people they are. Taking advantage of everything, and being a total waste of money.

I know how racist that sounds. I'm kinda waiting for someone to challenge me so I can try to justify my views one way or another. Either my attempted reasoning as to how they are is wrong, or my possibly racist thoughts are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back