Racism in english cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad story for Robinson. Penalized very harshly for his historical tweets, but I suppose the ECB needs to be seen as having done something about it.

Can't really imagine anyone in our day & age who didn't do or say something stupid in their teenage years. Whoever took the time to trawl through his twitter feed & unearth what they did is a sad individual.

Sad story for Robinson. Penalized very harshly for his historical tweets, but I suppose the ECB needs to be seen as having done something about it.

Can't really imagine anyone in our day & age who didn't do or say something stupid in their teenage years. Whoever took the time to trawl through his twitter feed & unearth what they did is a sad individual.

yes he was young but at the same age pat cummins had won his team a test match against the best team on the planet. I think the reaction considering England didn’t see this first is over the top but the age thing is a flimsy excuse IMO

yes he was young but at the same age pat cummins had won his team a test match against the best team on the planet. I think the reaction considering England didn’t see this first is over the top but the age thing is a flimsy excuse IMO
I agree & feel that he was old enough at the time to know exactly what he was doing. I just think it's a desperate ploy when when things from years ago are brought up in an effort to destroy someone's credibility. As long as he has moved on from that immature stage of his life (which he seems to have done), then it isn't a relevant issue really.

Reminds me of when the owner of Source magazine went out & included a CD with an issue of the magazine featuring a recording of a racist rap recorded by Eminem back when he was a teenager in an effort to destroy him. Was just sad & ended up damaging the Source more than Eminem.

I think suspending him is over the top for something that occured so long ago, but I'm also a white male who's never faced any discrimination so I don't think my view should hold that much weight.

Not sure I'm allowed to agree with you, BUT I DO.

I think suspending him is over the top for something that occured so long ago, but I'm also a white male who's never faced any discrimination so I don't think my view should hold that much weight.
Wont be long and white males wont be allowed to post at all, unless we're gay, indigenous or recieiving child support.
The guys test debut if not his career is ****ed up because of some get a life no life.

Wont be long and white males wont be allowed to post at all, unless we're gay, indigenous or recieiving child support.
The guys test debut if not his career is f’ed up because of some get a life no life.

No it's because he was posting racist s**t on twitter - good riddance.

It's not like he was 13. He was an adult, on the verge of a career as a professional cricketer. You've gotta be better than that.

And frankly, even a 13 year old knows what racism is.

I think whats more unsavoury is that the fact that someone, most likely aware of the tweets beforehand, waited until the guy was playing his 1st test and then decided 'yep, now's the time. I'll get some attention/profit for this'. There's no excuse for that kind of language, but scary to think what ALL OF US would have written when we were immature, uneducated, attention seeking teens growing up on social media and how anyone of notoriety can now be forensically examined and crucified for making a shitty mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems a bit harsh, especially as it seems he was already sacked for it at the time he played for Yorkshire.

I think a better opportunity could have been made of the situation if he had been given the chance to recant and issue some sort of public statement that these are no longer his views.

Wait, this came up earlier and he didn’t delete the tweets? Either this doesn’t pass the BS test or he is even dumber than first believed.

It seems a bit harsh, especially as it seems he was already sacked for it at the time he played for Yorkshire.

I think a better opportunity could have been made of the situation if he had been given the chance to recant and issue some sort of public statement that these are no longer his views.
That's not why he was sacked, apparently.

I think whats more unsavoury is that the fact that someone, most likely aware of the tweets beforehand, waited until the guy was playing his 1st test and then decided 'yep, now's the time. I'll get some attention/profit for this'. There's no excuse for that kind of language, but scary to think what ALL OF US would have written when we were immature, uneducated, attention seeking teens growing up on social media and how anyone of notoriety can now be forensically examined and crucified for making a shitty mistake.

Bigot.

FMD thats rough man. The guy was 17. He wouldn't have known better. Dont suspend him for something he did 10 years ago. Educate him, dont outcast him, the world has gone incredibly woke and way too politically correct. When will it stop?

He sounded like a typical young cricketer which is why the ECB is right to come down on him hard. Other typical young cricketers might think twice about behaving like that.
My bestest friend Dirty Daddy said that racism was not nice. :mad:

Not sure I'm allowed to agree with you, BUT I DO.
It's a bloody sad state of affairs that's for sure. Now Robinson is taking a break from cricket as a whole due this this furor.

Well done PC brigade, well done.

FMD thats rough man. The guy was 17. He wouldn't have known better. Dont suspend him for something he did 10 years ago. Educate him, dont outcast him, the world has gone incredibly woke and way too politically correct. When will it stop?
At what age do you think people should be made responsible for the things that they've said?

Wait, this came up earlier and he didn’t delete the tweets? Either this doesn’t pass the BS test or he is even dumber than first believed.
Do you have a photographic memory of everything you posted on social media from 12 years ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back