Play Nice Racism within the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I just get sick of one idiot once or twice a year yelling out a racist remark and we have every man and his dog in the media lecturing us talking down to everyone.
NO
It's one drunken idiot in a crowd.
Everyone else hears it and knows that they are wrong uneducated and should be booted out.
Stop making it out as though we all need to be lectured.
It's bloody annoying

Hence the political backlash we've seen through western society in recent years. Your frustrations are widespread (obviously), which doesn't just touch racism, but sexism, etc. There's still a push for this idea of white privilege / social conditioning with the intent to make white Australians (men especially) feel ashamed for who they are, what they represent, and what some white men decided to do hundreds of years ago. The absolute wrong thing to do my any social means. How is it going to help anyone? How about we teach our kids that everyone is the same...? Seems archaic today.

Basically all of us have been brought up by our parents to respect everyone despite their heritage, skin colour, political view, etc, etc. We're more educated than ever. The proof? Society works. There's very little 'real' hatred out there, which is why day to day we can all live in the same suburbs, cities - eat at the same restaurants, work in offices successfully together / do business, have close friends of a variety of cultures and religious beliefs even (I know I do). This is not the norm throughout most of the world. Even in most Asian nations, westerners cannot ever become naturalised / buy property, etc. This racist?

The FACT of the matter is, the overwhelming majority embraces indigenous culture and what minorities have to offer Australia. The point above is correct. The extreme minority who would racially vilify someone are either unwell or simple / uneducated. This will never change. EVER. There will never not be a circumstance where such people exist, this is the reality people need to comes to term with - especially the social justice left. But no, they are using this as a platform for an agenda, which is identity politics through political correctness. The result is DIVERSITY, not unity. Enter Donald Trump, and the alternate right movement.

In football terms, the Adam Goodes V Eddie Betts example is a good one. And how the public have reacted to both. As bph25 says, the overwhelming majority don't need lecturing on racism, what we need are solutions from indigenous leaders that we can all assist with - to help address the significant but complex issues they have. Bot no, no solutions. Just finger pointing, dictating, blaming (white man / white privilege)... It will do nothing for the indigenous or minorities.

Last edited:
Hence the political backlash we've seen through western society in recent years. Your frustrations are widespread (obviously), which doesn't just touch racism, but sexism, etc. There's still a push for this idea of white privilege / social conditioning with the intent to make white Australians (men especially) feel ashamed for who they are, what they represent, and what some white men decided to do hundreds of years ago. The absolute wrong thing to do my any social means. How is it going to help anyone? How about we teach our kids that everyone is the same...? Seems archaic today.

Basically all of us have been brought up by our parents to respect everyone despite their heritage, skin colour, political view, etc, etc. We're more educated than ever. The proof? Society works. There's very little 'real' hatred out there, which is why day to day we can all live in the same suburbs, cities - eat at the same restaurants, work in offices successfully together / do business, have close friends of a variety of cultures and religious beliefs even (I know I do). This is not the norm throughout most of the world. Even in most Asian nations, westerners cannot ever become naturalised / buy property, etc. This racist?

The FACT of the matter is, the overwhelming majority embraces indigenous culture and what minorities have to offer Australia. The point above is correct. The extreme minority who would racially vilify someone are either unwell or simple / uneducated. This will never change. EVER. There will never not be a circumstance where such people exist, this is the reality people need to comes to term with - especially the social justice left. But no, they are using this as a platform for an agenda, which is identity politics through political correctness. The result is DIVERSITY, not unity. Enter Donald Trump, and the alternate right movement.

In football terms, the Adam Goodes V Eddie Betts example is a good one. And how the public have reacted to both. As bph25 says, the overwhelming majority don't need lecturing on racism, what we need are solutions from indigenous leaders that we can all assist with - to help address the significant but complex issues they have. Bot no, no solutions. Just finger pointing, dictating, blaming (white man / white privilege)... It will do nothing for the indigenous or minorities.
Well, that's a gross simplification. There are quite a few Aboriginal leaders prepared to lay a significant part of the blame for problems within the Aboriginal community on that community itself, and advocate for the view that meaningful improvement needs to come from within and cannot be imposed from outside.

However, within the context that sees Aboriginals as useless, complaining and demanding, it's pretty easy to ignore those voices.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Well, that's a gross simplification. There are quite a few Aboriginal leaders prepared to lay a significant part of the blame for problems within the Aboriginal community on that community itself, and advocate for the view that meaningful improvement needs to come from within and cannot be imposed from outside.

However, within the context that sees Aboriginals as useless, complaining and demanding, it's pretty easy to ignore those voices.

Agreed. Which leaders get the mainstream press though?

The % of domestic violence, child abuse and other crimes within indigenous communities compared to non-indigenous, which is beyond alarming.

The % of indigenous in jails compared to non-indigenous.

This is the exact problem that Adam Goodes, Stan Grant, and 'SJWs' are trying to address.

You think Adam Goodes doesn't realise that there is a massively disproportionate number of aboriginal people in prison compared to non-aboriginal people? You think we don't realise that the domestic violence that goes on, the child abuse and the other crimes? That aboriginal people on average die 30 years earlier than the non-aboriginal people? That they are in about $20,000 a year less? That they are like 10 times more likely to be the victim of a violent crime or suicide and you or I?

IWhat goes on in these communities is disgusting, they need help,

I agree. So why arent they getting it? Tell me why are they not getting the support they need? Why are they not getting the help they need?

Is Adam Goodes stopping them somehow? Because that is what you are saying here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. So why arent they getting it? Tell me why are they not getting the support they need? Why are they not getting the help they need?

Why not? It's a very complex issue. You know that we can't just dump a bunch of money on them, doesn't work. Even educating them is difficult, as a lot just show a complete disinterest - this is the key to their social issues though. The nation I feel is really keen to help them, but they need to (collectively) want to be helped, and realise that their way of life and length of life for them and their children can be greatly improved if so.

Any finger pointing, blaming, suggesting that white privilege is an important aspect to push at the majority as a solution to their problems is nonsense. Goodes did this. Why is it counterproductive? It's obvious. It creates a greater divide! Political correctness and feelings are more important than facts atm. Politicians have failed the indigenous people, political correctness is all they can now come up with. You hear time and time again people like Waleed Aly saying - 'oh look at this, a table of white people discussing black issues', with the intent to discredit. Why? To excuse? Aren't we about inclusion? Ultimately becoming united as a nation? I thought so, but this attitude is non-inclusive, it aggravates and does not promote freedom of speech.

Why not? It's a very complex issue. You know that we can't just dump a bunch of money on them, doesn't work. Even educating them is difficult, as a lot just show a complete disinterest - this is the key to their social issues though. The nation I feel is really keen to help them, but they need to (collectively) want to be helped, and realise that their way of life and length of life for them and their children can be greatly improved if so.

Any finger pointing, blaming, suggesting that white privilege is an important aspect to push at the majority as a solution to their problems is nonsense. Goodes did this. Why is it counterproductive? It's obvious. It creates a greater divide! Political correctness and feelings are more important than facts atm. Politicians have failed the indigenous people, political correctness is all they can now come up with. You hear time and time again people like Waleed Aly saying - 'oh look at this, a table of white people discussing black issues', with the intent to discredit. Why? To excuse? Aren't we about inclusion? Ultimately becoming united as a nation? I thought so, but this attitude is non-inclusive, it aggravates and does not promote freedom of speech.
What you appear to be saying is you don't like the blame game... when any blame is apportioned to white society. On the other hand, you love the blame game when it's assigned to disinterested indigenous people who don't want to be helped.

How in the hell did Stan Grant's name come into this? He's done more for indigenous people than any keyboard warrior (obviously so has Goodes). To paraphrase a Russell Brand quote: they didn't want to listen to him when he was a nobody, they don't want to listen to him when he's a privileged somebody; maybe people just don't want to listen.

What you appear to be saying is you don't like the blame game... when any blame is apportioned to white society. On the other hand, you love the blame game when it's assigned to disinterested indigenous people who don't want to be helped.

Bullshit. The only blame I've put down is on politicians. I've merely stated the reality (sad) of the indigenous situation. Don't take me out of context to support your BS posts.

Bullshit. The only blame I've put down is on politicians. I've merely stated the reality (sad) of the indigenous situation. Don't take me out of context to support your BS posts.
You've stated the reality of the indiginous population in a bf post?

That's ******* brilliant.

the thing about most virtue signaling apologists is that they have f-all idea about how to fix the inherent problem. The government would be the first to try and implement policy that would make communities self-sustainable and reconcile the issues. It isn't throwing money at the indiginous people, that only makes things worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me how those you've mentioned carrying on about white privilege will help the rates of domestic violence, child molestation, abuse, crime in indigenous communities.

When did this happen? Ill save you some time. It didn't.

Unless you're talking historical white privilege where colonial Brits took their whole country off them, killed them, removed kids, destroyed cultures and languages, introduced disease, drugs and booze and refused to let them participate in government, lawmaking or have a say in the running of the country till the 60's when the Constitution had to be changed?

That but is pretty much accepted by everyone aside from Andrew Bolt.

Or are you talking about white privilege now whereby 'the white man' are making a shitload of money exploiting land that 'the white man' stole not more than a few generations ago, while the owners of that land are stuck in cycles of entrenched poverty and crime caused in a large part by the historical discrimination they suffered at the hands of 'the white man' that I mentioned above?

And in any event, isn't highlighting the socioeconomic gap between aboriginal people and non aboriginal peeps part of addressing the problem?

This is the exact problem that Adam Goodes, Stan Grant, and 'SJWs' are trying to address.

You think Adam Goodes doesn't realise that there is a massively disproportionate number of aboriginal people in prison compared to non-aboriginal people? You think we don't realise that the domestic violence that goes on, the child abuse and the other crimes? That aboriginal people on average die 30 years earlier than the non-aboriginal people? That they are in about $20,000 a year less? That they are like 10 times more likely to be the victim of a violent crime or suicide and you or I?

I follow the family violence issue quite closely. I have never seen Goodes raise the issue of the extremely disproportionate levels of abuse in certain indigenous remote communities(I have actually been a little disappointed I have yet to see him do this considering his interest is the welfare of Aboriginal people).

Could you please link me to where he has made statements about that subject(disproportionate levels of abuse)?

Just imo, but that photo on the train looks like hes posing for it

I think someone is trolling the media and port fans with this
I've seen that guy around Clayton a few times and he's always wearing a Port strip (owns at least two of them) and a swastika arm-band so I don't think it's trolling.

I've seen that guy around Clayton a few times and he's always wearing a Port strip (owns at least two of them) and a swastika arm-band so I don't think it's trolling.

Was it longer than 6-12 months ago? I simply ask this to see if this weirdo has always been a Port supporter or did he suddenly jump on after the Banana Gate incident somehow linking this to his own silly little ideology?

Was it longer than 6-12 months ago? I simply ask this to see if this weirdo has always been a Port supporter or did he suddenly jump on after the Banana Gate incident somehow linking this to his own silly little ideology?
I think I've only seen him around since January.

Disturbing article in today's papers about a Port Adelaide fan who was photographed wearing a swastika armband in Melbourne this week. Given the recent track record of Port fans abusing indigenous players, is it fair to say that some clubs have a more pronounced problem with racist supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back