Radio coverage. We now have 3 broadcasters. Opinions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sandeano

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Space
Driving home from work tonight and was listening to the coverage of the Strikers vs Stars match on Big Bash Nation which seems to be shared by SEN and Macquarie Sports. So I tuned in to hear the last five minutes of Seb Gotch's innings. At no time did I hear what score he was on or how many balls he had faced. Even when he was out I had no idea how many runs he had made. And then for the next 4 or five wickets - never did the commentators state how many runs they had made or were out for.

Oh, I did learn that co-commentator Shaun Tait was bought to us by Red Energy, as that was mentioned every over.

Geez, how hard is it? "Smith departs for 26 from 19 balls, caught Bloggs of the bowling of Brown. It is 4/113"

Not that bloody hard.

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've enjoyed hearing Darren Lehmann on Macquarie Sports radio this summer. ABC has improved but it still needs some improvement.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
ABC have improved massively since last season. It's a seriously impressive effort, what with the TV rights deal diluting the talent and Whateley/Rogers jumping ship.
I would say the ABC have improved largely because Whateley and Rogers jumped ship.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
I won't bother asking you about why you think ABC has improved without Whateley but why do you think they're better off without Rogers?
He was very boring. When he wasn’t being boring, he used to giggle. When he was on with Whateley and Dirk Nannes, it was unlistenable

Top Bottom