Radio coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

No-one would question three different statements corroborating the same story if they were 'just curious'.
I’m not questioning anybody’s statements. What would be the point? I’m just a random bloke on the internet reporting something that from anyone else’s perspective is totally unsubstantiated. I can’t discredit anyone else’s account, let alone three people’s. Not that I want to - if that’s what they say they were told, I believe them.

The reason I am being a bit particular about who said what is because in my experience western royboy is a bit slippery. He is clearly well connected, but the little ‘in the know’ snippets he likes to dangle here are always carefully edited to create certain impressions about people and events. Often a vague allusion to a credible source is deliberately blurred with his own opinion in order to bolster the latter.

He’s made it very clear that O’Keeffe is his source here, and fair play to him for being open about it. But given he’s directly citing O’Keeffe, I’d just like to be very clear about how much of what he is saying can be directly attributed.

I think that’s probably fair not only to readers, but O’Keeffe himself. Presumably western royboy wants to do the right thing by his mate.

Sorry if that is a bit annoying for anyone else.

I’m not questioning anybody’s statements. What would be the point? I’m just a random bloke on the internet reporting something that from anyone else’s perspective is totally unsubstantiated. I can’t discredit anyone else’s account, let alone three people’s. Not that I want to - if that’s what they say they were told, I believe them.

The reason I am being a bit particular about who said what is because in my experience western royboy is a bit slippery. He is clearly well connected, but the little ‘in the know’ snippets he likes to dangle here are always carefully edited to create certain impressions about people and events. Often a vague allusion to a credible source is deliberately blurred with his own opinion in order to bolster the latter.

He’s made it very clear that O’Keeffe is his source here, and fair play to him for being open about it. But given he’s directly citing O’Keeffe, I’d just like to be very clear about how much of what he is saying can be directly attributed.

I think that’s probably fair not only to readers, but O’Keeffe himself. Presumably western royboy wants to do the right thing by his mate.

100% can be attributed to Kerry - go * yourself you w***er

You think I’m slippery? I think your a pompous campaigner - at least I’m being straight up and honest - and yeah it came 100% from Skull - I have his number - we talk - unlike you who makes up absolute bullshit. - you’ve been proven a liar now * off

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The budget cuts have really stung ABC. Not enough rotations so it is the same few carrying it and they run out of steam. Dirk Nannes is OK and Alister Nicholson as host but the rest is lacking somehow. Haven't heard Chris Rogers Bryce McGain or Ed Cowan this test so assume they're casualties

Christ almighty what has happened to Jim Maxwell ?

images

The budget cuts have really stung ABC. Not enough rotations so it is the same few carrying it and they run out of steam. Dirk Nannes is OK and Alister Nicholson as host but the rest is lacking somehow. Haven't heard Chris Rogers Bryce McGain or Ed Cowan this test so assume they're casualties
Rogers went into coaching ages ago IIRC. Cowan should still be there though?

Has been a fair while since I've listened to ABC though.

I could be wrong, but they might be doing what Macquarie do, which is rotate by using local guys, which I assume is partly about saving money.
For example, Macquarie used Glen Mitchell and Terry Alderman for the Perth test, and gave a few of the easterners a game off.

It may just be due to the Christmas break, and the lack of availability of better talent due to the Test being on, but the SEN/Macquarie coverage of the BBL seems to have any old local plonker who puts their hand up. :D Ok, "plonker" is a bit harsh, but there are a few people I've never heard of who have been doing some of the games outside of Vic

Bruce Eva is such a tragic sporting bogan. He's starting to sh1t me a bit. :D Is there a chance he could ever say that a batsman has scored 2 runs? Everything is a fakkn "brace" with him. :p
I dunno if it's just showbiz, but he ficken gushes on about stuff like the huge MCG crowds like Melbournians are so awesome, like we're curing world hunger and all diseases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back