Remove this Banner Ad

Boogers

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
updated, Dec 2023

There are enough commentary changes each season that I can't be bothered updating all the names.

ABC: Jim Maxwell......etc

Macquarie. GONE!! Tim Lane, Bruce Eva, Ian Chappell, Greg Matthews, Dean Jones, etc

SEN: Gerard Whateley, Etc, etc, etc.

Triple M: are obviously back. James Brayshaw, Mark Taylor, Mark Waugh, etc, etc,

Last edited:

Quite enjoying Isa Guha on Triple m, overall however it is a little like the TV commentary in that they wait for delivery then talk, where for radio I feel they need to be more descriptive.
They need to say who is on at the commontary change as well. A couple of times theyve gone to the ad and a whole new group is in.

4 people in the box seems to work at times and at times it doesnt. Depends on the mix of people in it.

It is very much more light hearted than ABC and Maquarie.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

How is this even a contest??!

ABC have killed it so far. Nannes can be a bit negative but Rogers and Kat have recent insight into the Australian team and all three have good voices for whiling away a summers day in the garden.

Whateley and Rogers are a fantastic commentary duo.

Only bellend on the ABC commentary is Quinten Hull, no idea what the higher ups see in him, he's shithouse at everything.

Muted the TV and was listening to MMM while watching (with the delay). Really liked the commentary to be honest. A fresh and different take. This won't win over all listeners (see a few above). However it will definitely win over a fair few people.

I switched from the ABC to Macquarie last year. I really like Eva and Lane as callers and I think having two providing comments allows for better discussion

Tuned in in the way home from work to MMM, I really enjoyed it.. the mix of having commentators, experts and them some funny men worked for me. Much prefer it to Warne and the 9 f***wits trying to be funny.

Listened to MMM for a couple of hours in the first session, didn't really enjoy it.

Didn't really seem like much of a chemistry at all between whoever was in the box, the ABC guys just play off each other so well, seems a lot more genuine.

Oh and I can't ******* stand listening to Mark Howard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listened to MMM for a couple of hours in the first session, didn't really enjoy it.

Didn't really seem like much of a chemistry at all between whoever was in the box, the ABC guys just play off each other so well, seems a lot more genuine.

Oh and I can't ******* stand listening to Mark Howard.

Agree. Howie needs to realise it isn't the Big Bash, * up.

I thought Triple M were going to go full comedy when I heard that Mick Molloy was on board, but it sounds like they're keeping it mostly straight

Which is why they got Mick Molloy.

Not sure why Triple M are doing Test cricket. I thought Channel 9 proved in the Brad MacNamara years that "phwoar, cop that cherry, insert inside joke here" doesn't work.

Isa Guha is a star in the making. Francesca Cumani like voice that you could listen to all day plus strong cricket knowledge as an ex-player.

Won't be long before TV snaps her up if they have any brains - reasonably attractive as well - but really don't care with that voice.

The rest is a bit meh. Malloy is turning into a thinking mans Brownless...Slats is just hard work and Howard has a squeaky voice.

Brayshaw is a flog but a pro.

ABC Rogers and Maxwell are guns. Whitely good as it Katich. The rest meh.

Ch 9 remains unlistenable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back