Radio coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Ian Chappell has just started a new cricket radio show on Macquarie (3aw, etc). Just on 6pm Saturdays, I think.
And 'Stumps' is back on SEN at 6pm

The first post probably should be edited, because Triple M are out and SEN are in

old.jpg

Anybody know why MMM pulled the pin? I read something about them finding it too expensive which i cynically believe to be a cover up for s**t ratings.

Anyone know who'll be on the ABC with Katich, Nannes and Whatley gone?
According to the ABC Cricket magazine, Nannes is still part of the coverage, with Chris Rogers, Ed Cowan and Mitchell Johnson. Harsha Bhogle and Alison Mitchell joining Jim on ball-by-ball.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Triple M’s coverage last year was great it would have been nice to see what it would have been like in its 3rd year.

My understanding is that CA was asking way too much money as MMM is hugely advertising friendly plus the fact that their three main callers of JB, Isha and KoK all signed big TV deals were big reasons for them to pull the pin. If you believe the reports they dominated the ratings

Triple M’s coverage last year was great it would have been nice to see what it would have been like in its 3rd year.

My understanding is that CA was asking way too much money as MMM is hugely advertising friendly plus the fact that their three main callers of JB, Isha and KoK all signed big TV deals were big reasons for them to pull the pin. If you believe the reports they dominated the ratings
not even just those three. Gilly, Junior, Howie, and Neroli Meadows are all feature heavily in Fox Crickets coverage aswell.

Triple M are also trying to tip as much money as they can into their network shows and cutting back on local content and sport. Putting resources into content which is mainly on during off ratings also doesn't make great business sense.

Hard to know with the ratings, as with the AFL coverage all stations claim to be number 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, who's listening to what? At this stage, I'm definitely favouring Macquarie, with Ian Chappell, McGrath, Lehman, Brad Hodge, John Embury, Tom's very Moody, etc
Okay, definitely not listening to them. Ian Chappell is the biggest imbecile in cricket.

ABC was decent from the first couple of sessions I listened to. Harsha, Jim, Alison are all conssumate pro's and I've enjoyed Dizzy and Ed Cowan so far.

Listened to SEN most of the day and really enjoyed it. Whateley is fine and I think Katich, Mitchell and Huddo are great. Flem bearable. Then again enjoyed the bit of the ABC I heard in the car - Gillespie was in and have always enjoyed his work, has insight and a bit of quirkiness that isn't contrived.

Radio is dead!

With work wifi and a Kayo sports sub I never have to bother with sub-par ABC commentary or incessant radio ads ever again!

I stopped listening to ABC a couple of years ago, how was it for day 1? Plus, how was Jim Maxwell?
ABC was solid. All the ball by ball commentators were solid and I liked what both Ed Cowan and Dizzy brought to the table.

Thought ABC was great yesterday. It helps they've got some diversity in voices again.

Jim Maxwell, Alison Mitchell, Harsha Bogle and Andrew Moore is a great ball-by-ball team, probably the best they've had in years. Gillespie is good colour. Probably still missing that one great colour guy that they've never really had since Skull left.

Anthony Hudson is a terrific caller, especially considering he's never called the cricket. Katich is probably my favourite special comments man now that Rogers isn't doing it.

Also listened to ABC a lot today and it was very good as always.
Did enjoy Katich’s inability to keep it together when Hudson was reading the ads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back