Radio coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

So you’re claiming he didn’t take a voluntary redundancy?

Or you’re admitting he took the money and ran, but are trying to spin it as him somehow being hard done by?
didn’t get a redundancy - not sure where you got your mail from - I got mine from the man himself so you’d reckon he’d no something about it

didn’t get a redundancy - not sure where you got your mail from - I got mine from the man himself so you’d reckon he’d n
My understanding was that he was offered a voluntary redundancy, and jumped at the chance of a payday knowing that he could easily replace the income stream.
O’Keeffe was a casual employed for cricket commentary so he would not in anyway be eligible for a redundancy. Not sure where you would get that info from.

Nobody’s dying on any hills. I’m just curious as to what story O’Keeffe is putting around.
Why? Why do not believe people who have heard it directly from the man himself?

But more than that. He left the ABC years ago, why does it matter so much to you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't find anywhere else to put this long interview with Ian Chappell on Macquarie Radio (81 minutes). A lot or people on here would've heard the stories many times, but still......

Last edited:
What happened to Richard Stubbs?
He was not a casual employee. Your initial (and subsequent) comments about being adamant that O’Keeffe was paid out is totally incorrect. No casual employee at the ABC has received a pay out. O’Keeffe was engaged to commentate each summer and that is how it worked. He made the decision not to continue and there was NO financial transaction as a result.

Granted I've only turned it on a few times this summer but every time I hear the ABC during the lunch break they're talking about women's cricket. Is that a common thing?

I've got nothing against the women's game (other than a complete lack of interest), but some analysis and insight on the current match might be nice?

He was not a casual employee. Your initial (and subsequent) comments about being adamant that O’Keeffe was paid out is totally incorrect. No casual employee at the ABC has received a pay out. O’Keeffe was engaged to commentate each summer and that is how it worked. He made the decision not to continue and there was NO financial transaction as a result.
100% correct; he was on a casual agreement each summer - when they came to the new season old mate rang Skull and said we’ve had cutbacks - this is all I can offer you - Skull could make more coin doing speakers nights than being on the road so he declined the offer. No bad blood, no payout, none of the bullshit alluded to.

100% correct; he was on a casual agreement each summer - when they came to the new season old mate rang Skull and said we’ve had cutbacks - this is all I can offer you - Skull could make more coin doing speakers nights than being on the road so he declined the offer. No bad blood, no payout, none of the bullshit alluded to.
This is coming from O’Keeffe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back