just maybe

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2005
Other Teams
Adelaide
I don't think that means much at all.

'Bono' by 'just maybe' found 331 results... :eek:
(To be fair, most of them are outside of the Music forum, but still...)

Yeh those posts were in a couple of argumentative threads about Bono's humanitarian deeds.

Not music related.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 13, 2004
Proud Queenslander
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Roy, Punter.
Come on Carlos, writing essay's on an internet board sticking up for one of your favourite bands is just sad.

This is one of multiple threads where you have decided the best way of sticking up for belly and his muse mates is to write pieces which must take up hours, hours i say.

For what its worth i value song writing ability over the ability to play guitar as i have said earlier in the thread.

Songwriting is the hardest art of the lot, in that area Muse are light weights compared to Noel Gallagher, Radiohead, U2 and many others, sure, Muse may be good musicans, but you need songs to play the instruments.

Thank You Very Much Indeed Carlos.

I await your 1000 word response detailing how Muse are better songwriters, deep down though, Muse are not worthy to tune Noel Gallagher's guitar.

:D :D :D

They didn't headline all of those. :eek:

Muse headlined the Pyramid Stage on Sunday at Glasto 2004
They headlined Leeds & Reading in 2006
They are scheduled to headline Oxegen/T in the Park this winter
Headlined the V Stage at V2004
Headlining Saturday Night at Isle of Wight this year
Co-headlined BDO 2007 with Tool
Headlined Saturday at Eurockéennes last year
Co-headlined Rock am Ring with RHCP in 2004
And are scheduled to be one of the 2007 Headliners at this year's Roskilde

So if you'd kindly let me know which one I was wrong on, it would be much appreciated.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Muse headlined the Pyramid Stage on Sunday at Glasto 2004
They headlined Leeds & Reading in 2006
They are scheduled to headline Oxegen/T in the Park this winter
Headlined the V Stage at V2004
Headlining Saturday Night at Isle of Wight this year
Co-headlined BDO 2007 with Tool
Headlined Saturday at Eurockéennes last year
Co-headlined Rock am Ring with RHCP in 2004
And are scheduled to be one of the 2007 Headliners at this year's Roskilde

So if you'd kindly let me know which one I was wrong on, it would be much appreciated.

pwned :eek:

:D

Cheer up Just Maybe, life's too short to be obsessed...

SPEEDWAGON

All Australian
Apr 12, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
This whole thread is full of absolute flogs telling me what my musical taste should be.

I personally think Muse are one of the very best bands in the world at the moment. That however doesn't make them better than Radiohead or Boyzone for that matter.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
I probably like Muse a little bit more, but I recognise that Radiohead is awesome.

Radiohead, on the strength that Muse has yet to produce a song quite as good as Creep or Karma Police, IMO.

This is a joke, right?
No he isn't joking, he is completely obsessed with Oasis getting to a stage where it is unhealthy, but he is showing just how underrated Muse' song writing is, and over rated the Gallagher's are, they are good, but not that good.
Playing an instrument is much harder then writing lyrics anyway

Carlos

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2001
Beneath the blue & white
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Come on Carlos, writing essay's on an internet board sticking up for one of your favourite bands is just sad.

This is one of multiple threads where you have decided the best way of sticking up for belly and his muse mates is to write pieces which must take up hours, hours i say.
Ya wanna know something? I actually quite enjoyed your earlier post and its follow up earlier in this thread. I didnt necessarily agree with all of it, and i did find it kinda strange how you contradicted yourself by saying you dont really listen to guitarists considering how much you've previously gone on about the "twin guitar attack" of Oasis and how you think a band like Muse or anyone else with only one guitarist aren't a worthy live band. But over all, i thought it was a pretty cool post from you and FWIW was impressed how you expressed yourself.

I certainly would have been really disappointed had someone come on and ragged on you for deciding to go into a bit of detail and writing a bit more than usual to express your view or mocking you for how long it may have taken you. That'd be pretty weak IMO.
For what its worth i value song writing ability over the ability to play guitar as i have said earlier in the thread.

Songwriting is the hardest art of the lot, in that area Muse are light weights compared to Noel Gallagher, Radiohead, U2 and many others, sure, Muse may be good musicans, but you need songs to play the instruments.

Thank You Very Much Indeed Carlos.
Firstly, um, what exactly am i being thanked for?

And thats terrific that you value good song writing. As you grow older and your tastes possibly open up a little, you're sure to find thousands of wonderful examples of terrific song writers if you choose to open your ears to them. You've got some really good times ahead of you in that regard dude.

I'm not going to have a go at you or ask you what, in your opinion, constitutes an example of good songwriting, because thats the thing, its your opinion. Its completely subjective and totally dependent on taste, and whatever you or anyone else wants to say about me, i do not bag people's taste. Yes, i have my own opinions, but if you happen to love Oasis tunes, U2 tunes or even Bronski bloody Beat tunes more than Muse or any other band i crap on about on here, i say good on you, regardless of whether i think you have any idea of what you're talking about.

Its this "Muse are light weights" sh*t you and your mates come out with when talking about such subjective things as songwriting that amuses me. I dont care if you dont like them or if they sell as many units or play to as many people as your heros. The fact is you and your mate cant deal with the fact that there are people out there (and particularly on here) that dig them more than the bands you like. Why does it make you so angry?

Your first couple of posts were almost cool. You actually looked like you'd grown up a little and almost learnt to accept that everyone has the right to have different tastes to you. But then you come on and let yourself down with this other sh*t and it appears it was nothing more than an aberration.

Binxy

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 3, 2003
Girth By Sea
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So underrated.

2pqklqu.jpg

LIONS then DAYLIGHT

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 13, 2004
Proud Queenslander
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Roy, Punter.
Ya wanna know something? I actually quite enjoyed your earlier post and its follow up earlier in this thread. I didnt necessarily agree with all of it, and i did find it kinda strange how you contradicted yourself by saying you dont really listen to guitarists considering how much you've previously gone on about the "twin guitar attack" of Oasis and how you think a band like Muse or anyone else with only one guitarist aren't a worthy live band. But over all, i thought it was a pretty cool post from you and FWIW was impressed how you expressed yourself.

I certainly would have been really disappointed had someone come on and ragged on you for deciding to go into a bit of detail and writing a bit more than usual to express your view or mocking you for how long it may have taken you. That'd be pretty weak IMO.

Firstly, um, what exactly am i being thanked for?

And thats terrific that you value good song writing. As you grow older and your tastes possibly open up a little, you're sure to find thousands of wonderful examples of terrific song writers if you choose to open your ears to them. You've got some really good times ahead of you in that regard dude.

I'm not going to have a go at you or ask you what, in your opinion, constitutes an example of good songwriting, because thats the thing, its your opinion. Its completely subjective and totally dependent on taste, and whatever you or anyone else wants to say about me, i do not bag people's taste. Yes, i have my own opinions, but if you happen to love Oasis tunes, U2 tunes or even Bronski bloody Beat tunes more than Muse or any other band i crap on about on here, i say good on you, regardless of whether i think you have any idea of what you're talking about.

Its this "Muse are light weights" sh*t you and your mates come out with when talking about such subjective things as songwriting that amuses me. I dont care if you dont like them or if they sell as many units or play to as many people as your heros. The fact is you and your mate cant deal with the fact that there are people out there (and particularly on here) that dig them more than the bands you like. Why does it make you so angry?

Your first couple of posts were almost cool. You actually looked like you'd grown up a little and almost learnt to accept that everyone has the right to have different tastes to you. But then you come on and let yourself down with this other sh*t and it appears it was nothing more than an aberration.

I posted that post about Muse being lightweights in terms of song-writing early in the morning and i was didn't feel like writing much at the time so i just spat it out without much thought.

I didn't mean i don't value bands with one guitarist live, what i mean is that Oasis rely heavily on both their guitar players, Noel Gallagher (Lead), Gem Archer (Rhythm).

The reason being is that Noel and Gem often switch roles in the live setting and especially when Noel is singing, Previous members of oasis havn't been as good a musicans as Andy Bell and Gem Archer and therefore Noel was often forced to provide either lead or backing vocals as well as lead guitar which he found difficult at times. Sure he is a good guitarist but not sky-scrapling good.

Oasis songs rely heavily on there guitar attack simply because that is how they are structured.

I saw a performance of 'Morning Glory" in the mid 90's on a TV show when the bass player had left due to anxiety and the rhythm guitar player had to take bass and there was a notable difference in the quality of the song.

Muse are a good, even great band who generate a monster sound that many trio's can only dream of.

I rate them but the way some people insist on saying that my band could take your band's songs and play them better is silly, why?

1) Because until anyone witness' Muse take Acquiesce or Lyla then how would we know and vice versa, also, i doubt Muse would want to take any of those songs. Same applies with U2.

2) Most bands only form when they have a selection of songs written ready to go, in that point, one could argue that song writing is the most important aspect in being a quality band while the ability to play instruments is less essential, look at Tony McCarroll, the first drummer in oasis, at times he sounds like he is hitting fish tins, but he suited the songs on Defintely Maybe perfectly and that album is by far Oasis' best album.

3) A good band will last the test of time and will influence future acts, obviously Muse will have to wait a bit longer to see if they pass the test of time.

But right now they seem to have the world at there feet.

With

Back