Radiohead vs Muse poll

Remove this Banner Ad

Radiohead.... one of the best bands of all time.
Hearing Kid A for the first time blew me away... incredible

Muse are a bit like U2 for me in that they are both great bands, and i respect what they do, but fully fully dont do it for me.... ( coldplay under the same umbrella)

I'm not saying they are alike musically, just that they U2 Muse and Coldplay i can listen too and respect and say " yeah thats a cool riff" or " that sounds great" but i'm not queuing up and spending all my money on a concert ticket/all their albumbs.

Anyone else feel that about Muse?

Radiohead.... one of the best bands of all time.
Hearing Kid A for the first time blew me away... incredible

Muse are a bit like U2 for me in that they are both great bands, and i respect what they do, but fully fully dont do it for me.... ( coldplay under the same umbrella)

I'm not saying they are alike musically, just that they U2 Muse and Coldplay i can listen too and respect and say " yeah thats a cool riff" or " that sounds great" but i'm not queuing up and spending all my money on a concert ticket/all their albumbs.

Anyone else feel that about Muse?

Want, i would probably go and see all those bands in concert, i've seen Coldplay and they came across as a live band, they beefed up a lot of songs in the live setting, i reckon if you went and saw all of those 3 bands (Muse, U2 and Coldplay) your opinion of them would be enhanced.

Live music is the best way to judge a band, you sould see any of those bands if you got a chance even if your not there biggest fan, you might be after seeing them live, who knows.

Radiohead just about found musical perfection with OK and Kid A. Muse haven't done that yet but they have made better stuff than the last 2 Radiohead albums with just about all of their albums IMO.

So Radiohead overall but Muse atm.

Both comfortably in my fave 5 bands (as are Oasis fwiw).

What's next Beatles vs The Monkees:confused:

Muse are no more then a pale carbon copy of Radiohead.

Radiohead are the modern masters of art rock and stand alone.

As Michael Stipe from REM once said.."Radiohead are so good it's scary"

Amen.
Unless you listen to Radiohead you clearly have no real, genuine taste in music.

You obviously have never heard Muse because they sound NOTHING alike you ignorant dick.

Why can't we just leave it as, they are both ****ing awsome bands and we have been lucky to have seen them both:thumbsu:

You obviously have never heard Muse because they sound NOTHING alike you ignorant dick.

Why can't we just leave it as, they are both ****ing awsome bands and we have been lucky to have seen them both:thumbsu:

I know, Muse aren't anything like Radiohead. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Radiohead v Muse was always the strangest musical comparison of all time

Seriously, what are the similarities between the two bands?

Some douche bag with no clue started it, and it gained momentum from there somehow

It began around Showbiz-time (when Radiohead were a lot bigger) and circa 2006 Muse were at their critical/commercial crest and Radiohead weren't expected to rebound with the attention-grabbing release of In Rainbows. In the early days of Youtube there were a lot of takes getting around like this. Was annoying, but time shut them up thankfully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back