Radiohead

DIG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Without comparing it to the rest of their collection, The Bends is one of the greatest rock albums of the ‘90s. It’s almost the perfect rock album which is what they set out to achieve apparently.

After Creep exploded I remember them touring and they played this show at the Palace ‘94 (I wasn’t there unfortunately!) and had all these new songs pre Bends release, and were frustrated cos they knew these songs were awesome but the crowd obv just wanted to hear Pablo Honey.

Can’t remember where I heard all this but it stayed with me.

From a personal perspective I bought the Creep “cassingle🤣” cos I loved the song so much. Not sure i still have it, no way to play it if I do, not sure cassette’s last that long anyway! Stupidly I didn’t buy the Bends as High and Dry didn’t grab me, but was lured back by OKC.

PhatBoy

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I know it’s simply not cool to rave about it and I understand why it became a millstone around their neck but Creep is such a brilliant song on both a musical and contextual level.

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
I know it’s simply not cool to rave about it and I understand why it became a millstone around their neck but Creep is such a brilliant song on both a musical and contextual level.

Booooo you weirdo. What the hell are you doing here?

DIG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure if this is in response to me or not but I agree. It was my favourite song of the concert I saw in ‘97(?) at Festy Hall, it just exploded. I’m showing my age talking about bloody cassingles though!

QuietB

Hall of Famer
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Without comparing it to the rest of their collection, The Bends is one of the greatest rock albums of the ‘90s. It’s almost the perfect rock album which is what they set out to achieve apparently.

After Creep exploded I remember them touring and they played this show at the Palace ‘94 (I wasn’t there unfortunately!) and had all these new songs pre Bends release, and were frustrated cos they knew these songs were awesome but the crowd obv just wanted to hear Pablo Honey.

Can’t remember where I heard all this but it stayed with me.

From a personal perspective I bought the Creep “cassingle🤣” cos I loved the song so much. Not sure i still have it, no way to play it if I do, not sure cassette’s last that long anyway! Stupidly I didn’t buy the Bends as High and Dry didn’t grab me, but was lured back by OKC.

Creep is still Radiohead's best selling single ever. I think that is why the band hate it. The rest of Pablo Honey is trash - but I love Creep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad