Heaven sent you to me
To me
To me

We are accidents
Waiting, waiting to happen

We are accidents
Waiting, waiting to happen

Not bad, not bad at all.

Though I am not going to rush into a comparison.

Sir Vlado

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Because they are too good for the commercial stations which play 50 cent and that kind of american trash.

Oh I understand. :eek:

I wish they would make radio stations that play only one genre of music, like rock.

Jimi

Draftee
Melbourne Demons - Dominic Barry 2013 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2013 Player Sponsor
Oct 10, 2004
U2 are more in the vein of the pussycat dolls, Limp Bizkit and such by making easily marketable singles...bahaha, just kidding. U2 have some great songs, no doubt. Radiohead have made better albums (yes I have listened to the joshua tree).
It's a pity that Radiohead don't get more radio air time as a lot of their best music is relatively unknown to those that don't seek it out. Personally I love driving in to work with 15 step on to perk me up for the day.

Sir Vlado

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
It'd be like comparing apples and oranges anyway. I don't know much U2, I like the bassist and the song "party girl".

:cool:

Its usually just opinion, imo I don't think both styles are really that similar.
Some people prefer Thom Yorkes songwriting while others like me prefer Bono's songwriting. I could post lyrics of a U2 song if anyone wanted, but I doubt anyone would want to anyways.

Sir Vlado

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
U2 are more in the vein of the pussycat dolls, Limp Bizkit and such by making easily marketable singles...bahaha, just kidding. U2 have some great songs, no doubt. Radiohead have made better albums (yes I have listened to the joshua tree).
It's a pity that Radiohead don't get more radio air time as a lot of their best music is relatively unknown to those that don't seek it out. Personally I love driving in to work with 15 step on to perk me up for the day.

Its funny how can you get to be a fan of Radiohead if it doesnt get played on the radio? :D Although I wouldn't mind if it got played on the radio just for once.

Though have you taken a listen to Achtung Baby or Zooropa as well? Or even War or Unforgettable Fire?

Midnight Vultures

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2008
Blackburn
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Its funny how can you get to be a fan of Radiohead if it doesnt get played on the radio? :D Although I wouldn't mind if it got played on the radio just for once.

Though have you taken a listen to Achtung Baby or Zooropa as well? Or even War or Unforgettable Fire?

Well usually to find decent music you have to go out and search for it, same goes for Radiohead. It's kinda cool with Radiohead that they're such a well known band but still "underground" to an extent.

And I'll I've heard about U2's earlier stuff is that it's excellent. I've got one record of some gig with "party girl" in it and it's ace.

Sir Vlado

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Well usually to find decent music you have to go out and search for it, same goes for Radiohead. It's kinda cool with Radiohead that they're such a well known band but still "underground" to an extent.

And I'll I've heard about U2's earlier stuff is that it's excellent. I've got one record of some gig with "party girl" in it and it's ace.

Interesting. :)

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Radiohead almost instantly became my fave band in late 2005 when i finally got into em. Id known vaguely of them since 1997, but had barely ever heard any songs from them, so blindly bought OK Computer one day. One of the best things i ever did, coz i was blown away from the 1st listen. And yes, sadly a majority of my friends had never/didnt care for em.

Radiohead also signaled a major step in my musical taste. I dont think there has ever been a better band, but i respect other's opinions. I have virtually every breath they've recorded, yes, im a die-hard.

U2 are alright though too. Personally Achtung Baby & The Unforgettable Fire would be essentials.

Jun 24, 2008
tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Personally I'd put them above the Stones in terms of music. The Beatles are the only band they won't topple.

Bullshit.

Stones put out a greatest hits album called 40 Licks. Thats 40 hit songs and they could put out another album called here's another 40 Licks! Both would s**t over anything Radiohead have done.

The Radiohead Greatest Hits was mainly made up of The Bends and OK Computer. (I love both of them too!)

Seriously mate get a music education.

Bit like comparing Fraser Gehrig to Leigh Matthews!
a couple of good years compared to 30!

Midnight Vultures

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2008
Blackburn
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Personally I'd put them above the Stones in terms of music. The Beatles are the only band they won't topple.

Bullshit.

Stones put out a greatest hits album called 40 Licks. Thats 40 hit songs and they could put out another album called here's another 40 Licks! Both would s**t over anything Radiohead have done.

The Radiohead Greatest Hits was mainly made up of The Bends and OK Computer. (I love both of them too!)

Seriously mate get a music education.

Bit like comparing Fraser Gehrig to Leigh Matthews!
a couple of good years compared to 30!

It's called an opinion mate. You know, people have them. IMO, Radiohead >>>>>The coconut tree Keith Richards fell out of>>>>> The Rolling Stones. And 40 hit songs or whatever in an era dominated by rock and roll is impressive, but you can't seriously compare it with what Radiohead have done in this generation. Bit like comparing Andrew Johns to Leigh Matthews.

lemon chicken

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2008
Mordialloc
AFL Club
Essendon
Why aren't Radiohead played on Oz radio?

And which U2 albums have you heard anyway? and how can that Thom Yorke guy be a better songwriter than Bono? Can you show me Yorkes songwriting skills in a song please?

U2>>>Radiohead

Not trying to start an argument, we both have different views i guess.

I guess you listen to LOTS of MMM, thats fine. Radiohead are still played on radio, just not your channel.

Well the second ones a doozey. I guess he doesnt have to wear lame ass sunnies and hang up Oprahs arse to get media attention. I guess some artists dont need gimmicks.

La Di Da

All Australian
Feb 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its really just peoples opinion. :)

Though one of the things that makes U2 great live imo is that they've created onstage characters like The Fly, Mirrorball Man and Macphisto for the ZOO TV tour to give additional entertainment for the fans.

PopMart was great also.

Onstage personality's? They sound like a joke band. Maybe their clutching at straws and need something to lift their on stage presence.
Seriously youtube the radiohead song karma police. I've gone for one of their songs that are easier to listen to and bit catchier keeping in mind your musical tastes.

Jun 24, 2008
tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's called an opinion mate. You know, people have them. IMO, Radiohead >>>>>The coconut tree Keith Richards fell out of>>>>> The Rolling Stones. And 40 hit songs or whatever in an era dominated by rock and roll is impressive, but you can't seriously compare it with what Radiohead have done in this generation. Bit like comparing Andrew Johns to Leigh Matthews.

OK pal,

Enlighten me on what Radiohead has done for this generation. How are we so much better off for their presence?

I might add that I like Radiohead but seriously...

Midnight Vultures

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2008
Blackburn
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
OK pal,

Enlighten me on what Radiohead has done for this generation. How are we so much better off for their presence?

I might add that I like Radiohead but seriously...

The fact that they don't "do things" for people like you just about tops it.

Music isn't all about liking and doing what everyone says you should like and do, you know.

Sir Vlado

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I guess you listen to LOTS of MMM, thats fine. Radiohead are still played on radio, just not your channel.

Well the second ones a doozey. I guess he doesnt have to wear lame ass sunnies and hang up Oprahs arse to get media attention. I guess some artists dont need gimmicks.

Yeah, I actually do listen to Triple M :D.
I usually skip through every radio station though.
Though what radio station does play Radiohead?

The reason why Bono wears sunnies is because his eyes are sensitive to flashing light from photo cameras, without the sunnies he sees the flash from the camera for the rest of the day.

Sir Vlado

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Onstage personality's? They sound like a joke band. Maybe their clutching at straws and need something to lift their on stage presence.
Seriously youtube the radiohead song karma police. I've gone for one of their songs that are easier to listen to and bit catchier keeping in mind your musical tastes.

Well, I guess it is just opinion.

I might try youtubin' karma police. Then i'll tell you what I think. kay?

Feb 18, 2007
Mackay
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I used to hate Radiohead but a few weeks ago I downloaded Ok Computer & The Bends for some odd reason. Since then Ok Computer has become my favorate album (was previosly 'The Wall' by Pink Floyd) and radiohead my 2nd favorate band (Still behind the Beatles).

Jimi

Draftee
Melbourne Demons - Dominic Barry 2013 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2013 Player Sponsor
Oct 10, 2004
I used to hate Radiohead but a few weeks ago I downloaded Ok Computer & The Bends for some odd reason. Since then Ok Computer has become my favorate album (was previosly 'The Wall' by Pink Floyd) and radiohead my 2nd favorate band (Still behind the Beatles).

I hear this kind of story a lot.
I used to dislike Radiohead (except for everything in it's right place which I heard on a JJJ CD) due to the political bullshit that is usually associated with them. Then I heard karma police, bought Ok Computer - quickly followed by the rest of their catalogue, and since the release of In Rainbows they've overtaken Led Zeppelin as my favourite band.

Jimi

Draftee
Oct 10, 2004
So Radiohead is played on JJJ? Might tune in to check out then.

Well we all know how averse JJJ is to playing already established bands. They give Radiohead good airtime when they release an album, but rarely in between times. Just youtube some Radiohead tracks.

Sir Vlado

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Well we all know how averse JJJ is to playing already established bands. They give Radiohead good airtime when they release an album, but rarely in between times. Just youtube some Radiohead tracks.

I guess I might some time.;)

I remember when Kid A came out JJJ were on some sort of strike and they just played that album over and over again. That made for excellent radio I thought.

Back