Multiplat Rage 2

Remove this Banner Ad

No confusion my end.
Merely stating if Bethesda want to be involved in a post apocalyptic game they should just stick with what they are good at. By all means allow id Software or Avalanche to make it, like they did with Obsidian and FNV.

Bethesda published the original Rage and New Vegas around the same time so having multiple post apocalyptic IP's wouldn't be an issue. Obsidian was also made up of ex Black Isle developers who made the original Fallout series so it made sense for them to take over. Avalanche/id have never made an RPG so having them take on Fallout would make zero sense.

Getting off topic here but isn’t there also some conspiracy that a large reason Bethesda let the original Black Isle guys at Obsidian make another Fallout game not because they were already developing Fallout 3 before Bethesda acquired it, but because they wanted a way to weasel the remaining royalties from Fallout 1 and 2 from Interplay? Then the story goes that Bethesda forced Obsdian to rush NV to sabotage it’s potential of reaching a meta critic score of 85% which would break the contract, Obsidian get cut loose and Bethesda take complete control of the Fallout IP?

Bethesda published the original Rage and New Vegas around the same time so having multiple post apocalyptic IP's wouldn't be an issue. Obsidian was also made up of ex Black Isle developers who made the original Fallout series so it made sense for them to take over. Avalanche/id have never made an RPG so having them take on Fallout would make zero sense.

Fallout hasn't been a true RPG for 20 years, it's an FPS.
But again point missed.

My thoughts on this game improved a little bit after seeing gameplay. That cinematic ad was just way too hard to watch. I'm guessing Elder Scrolls will be more of a 2019 release if we get one > Fallout probably not until like 2023

ITT: people who don't understand the difference between publishing and developing...

Bethesda publishing this has literally no effect on Bethesda developing something else. They are simply providing capital.

ITT: people who don't understand the difference between publishing and developing...

Bethesda publishing this has literally no effect on Bethesda developing something else. They are simply providing capital.
Where has anyone said this wasn't the case?

Where has anyone said this wasn't the case?

I mean if that's not what you were trying to say I really have no clue what you could be on about.

The Rage setting is tangentially related to Fallout so instead of publishing this they should make another Fallout? Tenuous link.

I mean if that's not what you were trying to say I really have no clue what you could be on about.

The Rage setting is tangentially related to Fallout so instead of publishing this they should make another Fallout? Tenuous link.

All I was saying which I felt was very clear was it Bethesda wants to be involved in a post apocalyptic game then they should do another Fallout, as the publisher or developer. I would think my follow up stating that in the past Bethesda had only published a Fallout game would have made that clearer but apparently not.

I'm sorry that you find it tenuous, woe is me for posting on what I would want instead.

The first one looked so good, but was so underwhelming so not holding much hope for this

Having said that I never finished the first (bored me) but it has been one of those games I've always thought about giving another go

I enjoyed the original though I seem to recall it not making much waves with fans. Was one of those fun games you play once and then move on.

Not sure why they are doing a sequel - don't remember it being exactly a hit but maybe it will surprise?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember what it was called but there was a card game - a bit like Gwent in the Witcher. Enjoyed it quite a bit from memory. Hopefully makes a return.

I only played the first one in early 2017 (I think) and felt it held up, both graphically and gameplay wise, alongside some of the top modern shooters.

Car racing was meh but I guess if you’re into that ok. DLC was a rare improvement on the combination of the mechanics rather than just more of the same which a lot of DLCs are these days.

Looking forward to the sequel.

hqdefault.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back