Multiplat Rage 2

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Such a bizarre choice of forgettable franchise to resurrect. Being developed by Avalanche (Just Cause, Mad Max etc.) so I'm guessing they are going for open world to go up against Borderlands 3.

Also live action trailers need to die.

Even more bizarre after they had nothing to do with the original. Then again Bethesda resurrected Prey via Arkane and the result was awesome.

Some interesting points in this Kotaku article I thought.
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/05/bethesda-announces-rage-2/

So cringeworthy. What a terrible ad, feels like im watching a tacky ECW promo. Hopefully the gameplay reveal shows something interesting

I always saw Mad Max as a sort of spiritual successor to the first Rage, so not surprised the creators have taken over for this. Don't think there were many people crying out for a new one, very odd choice.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Why are ya'll ragging on this game? Wasn't the original good (I never played it)? At least wait til a proper gameplay trailer comes out...you might be pleasantly surprised.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Such a bizarre choice of forgettable franchise to resurrect. Being developed by Avalanche (Just Cause, Mad Max etc.) so I'm guessing they are going for open world to go up against Borderlands 3.

Also live action trailers need to die.
id is working on it as well. Maybe id are working on the shooting and Avalanche are designing the open world and car combat. The car combat was really good in Mad Max.

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
I mean, the first game was actually pretty good. Hopefully id is having a fair amount of input, they know how to make a shooter.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like an open world Doom with a splash of Borderlands. The recent Doom reboot was some of the best pure fun I’ve had in a long time so my interest in this has warmed considerably.

Interestingly the first Rage was the last game John Carmack had a hand in.

Which Avalanche is this?

The devs who made Disney Infinity or the devs who made Just Cause & Mad Max.

The Swedish One, so Mad Max etc.

First one I never finished, got bored with it, looked good, good premise but ultimately fairly flat.
Will wait on this, not sure why Bethesda just doesn't do another Fallout if they are being involved in a post apocalyptic game.

First one I never finished, got bored with it, looked good, good premise but ultimately fairly flat.
Will wait on this, not sure why Bethesda just doesn't do another Fallout if they are being involved in a post apocalyptic game.
Agree.

Make another Fallout and piss this off

Bethesda Softworks are only the publisher for this. Bethesda Game Studios are responsible for Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

Bethesda Softworks were the publisher for Fallout New Vegas which was developed by Obsidian. So they have history of allowing others to make games for them.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Bethesda Softworks were the publisher for Fallout New Vegas which was developed by Obsidian. So they have history of allowing others to make games for them.

That’s right, that’s how it works. Bethesda Softworks publish games for Zenimax, Arkane, Bethesda Game Studios, Id and whoever else, and them publishing this game has no bearing on another Fallout game if it were already in production.

That’s right, that’s how it works. Bethesda Softworks publish games for Zenimax, Arkane, Bethesda Game Studios, Id and whoever else, and them publishing this game has no bearing on another Fallout game if it were already in production.

I think you've missed the point.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I think you've missed the point.

No, I get what you’re saying, but my point was that it’s not fair to have a dig at a publisher about a game when they’re not the ones making it. Bethesda can ‘do’ another Fallout simultaneously if they like. Rage 2 != no Fallout.

If you’re to believe the rumours though then Fallout 5 is already in pre-production but that’s going to be years off.

Didn’t meant to be the ‘actually’ guy, just trying to clarify the difference between a developer and a publisher as sometimes people get confused, especially when the names are the same. :thumbsu:

No, I get what you’re saying, but my point was that it’s not fair to have a dig at a publisher about a game when they’re not the ones making it. Bethesda can ‘do’ another Fallout simultaneously if they like. Rage 2 != no Fallout.

If you’re to believe the rumours though then Fallout 5 is already in pre-production but that’s going to be years off.

Didn’t meant to be the ‘actually’ guy, just trying to clarify the difference between a developer and a publisher as sometimes people get confused, especially when the names are the same. :thumbsu:

No confusion my end.
Merely stating if Bethesda want to be involved in a post apocalyptic game they should just stick with what they are good at. By all means allow id Software or Avalanche to make it, like they did with Obsidian and FNV.

Back