Racing Ralph Horowitz v The World

Remove this Banner Ad

yes, the horse dropping or rising X kgs since last start is always a good one. love how a horse is more likely to win a race because it drops 6kgs after it's last start win. it's because it's up in grade ffs.

What like from the Mackinnon to the Melbourne Cup?

;)

So 10kgs extra on a 500kg animal is 2% of its body weight but 1kg is 0%?
i can give you thousands of examples where a horse met another horse worse in weight and beat it by further than before. Chief De Beers years ago won a WFA race, met the same horses 2 weeks later with something like 10kgs worse in a handicap and won by further.
Shaftsbury avenue beat Super Impose every time at WFA, couldnt get near it in handicaps.

i can give you thousands of examples where a horse met another horse worse in weight and beat it by further than before. Chief De Beers years ago won a WFA race, met the same horses 2 weeks later with something like 10kgs worse in a handicap and won by further.
Shaftsbury avenue beat Super Impose every time at WFA, couldnt get near it in handicaps.

Gee, Matt Poon is going well at happy valley tonight. Has ridden 3 of the first 4 winners. This is an enormous effort given his 7 pound claim means nothing, huh?

Maybe, yup, maybe so. Or maybe the laws of physics do actually apply here on planet earth.
i get that you need to quantify things for ratings and weights are part of that quantification (woo spellcheck tells me this is a word, go me! ) but there are other factors that i think are way more important than weights. If a horse cannot run the distance it cannot win. If the horse cannot handle the track conditions it cannot win. if the horse is not fit enough it cannot win.If the horse is racing way out of its class it cannot win. If there is a bias on the track and that doesn't suit the horse it cannot win. So many more important factors than weights. Then it comes down to barriers, jockeys, improvement that horses might have, the way the race is mapped etc. Once all those factors are taken into consideration then weight might be a reason to back a horse, but that is like way back in the variables.

A clone of vince is not a very high standard to mark a form analyst by.
I don't know if he tips winners as I don't get his service but his timing and benchmark system seems to be quite a useful service.

I enjoy all these podcasts (RacingRant in Sydney my fave) as it's all opinion and a bit of entertainment. I'm big on doing my own form but listening to all these gooses fills in a very boring midweek period before Saturday, and they all can raise flags to factors I may have overlooked.

I don't know if he tips winners as I don't get his service but his timing and benchmark system seems to be quite a useful service.

I enjoy all these podcasts (RacingRant in Sydney my fave) as it's all opinion and a bit of entertainment. I'm big on doing my own form but listening to all these gooses fills in a very boring midweek period before Saturday, and they all can raise flags to factors I may have overlooked.

Yeah he's great at compiling data, absolutely. Love his ability to record the times and sectionals and email them to me. Just wish he did it in a more timely manner.

Can't tip for s**t though and is one of the most clueless racing analysts I've ever heard.

His times fine. I've heard about inaccuracies previously but it seems good now. It's just when he tries to analyse the times he stumbles with pointless drivel. Wouldn't go near his IVR's from the things I've heard and his other premium products seem straight up charity donations.

His times fine. I've heard about inaccuracies previously but it seems good now. It's just when he tries to analyse the times he stumbles with pointless drivel. Wouldn't go near his IVR's from the things I've heard and his other premium products seem straight up charity donations.

Pretty spot on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if you need any more evidence the guy bets in $2 bets when he bets...

I'm staggered you can be balls deep in the industry for 30 years, have all this analysis behind you and be top of the heap in that regard, yet no confidence in how you read what you're parlaying onto the general public. I just find that so frustrating.

From the podcast, it feels like he's so data driven that he forgets they are animals. Does that make sense? Like, he called Winx HE twice in a podcast and it did my head in. Then continually calls horses IT, like he has no feel or care for the game aside from the data it provides him.

What's annoying me even more now is that I listened to every back episode this week. And they both constantly reference things like 'Oh I was on Redkirk Warrior in the Newmarket, Hayes said it was his best and he proved it that day.'

Well back the ******* truck up. It probably got a tiny mention after the other five he spruiked in the race. But of course they just tie it back to their ******* benchmark stuff again, after it's happened!

'Oh, well he proved he could do that last prep when BLAH BLAH BLAH.' But it's after the race, this is when they do their best work. They work so closely that if Vince was any good, Ralphy would be too. And 250 odd units down in the last 6 weeks is proof of that. The gutless campaigner hasn't even updated his app from last week, you can bet you're arse it was bad otherwise his review would be up at 6.10pm on a ******* Saturday night.

MELTDOWN

I've just found out costs. $33 per Melbourne meet. Just for price reference, you can get the punter of our generation David Gately for $29 A MONTH and you'll get every day of the spring carnival included in that. I followed him last year just to have a look and it's brilliant for $1 a day. Ralphy at $33 a meet is vomit enducing.

I've just found out costs. $33 per Melbourne meet. Just for price reference, you can get the punter of our generation David Gately for $29 A MONTH and you'll get every day of the spring carnival included in that. I followed him last year just to have a look and it's brilliant for $1 a day. Ralphy at $33 a meet is vomit enducing.
David Gately's tips in the Best Bets are poo.

this is the podcast i was talking about before.
i found episode 13 really interesting, really good info on Betfair
Episode 12 was garbage.. Vinca Accardi is way too pedantic about times. I suppose he needs to sell his product though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back