Racing Ralph Horowitz v The World

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
I guess they feel the need to fit a narrative around the result of every race but if you are going to contradict yourself from race to race it makes it awfully confusing, they say they are trying to help the punter but if you come in on a Monday and tell everyone what a great lay Vega was two days after it runs, I’m not quite sure what it achieves.
If it wins they had vinces figures ready to go indicating it was ready to peak off a big Everest run

Does this theory that leaders going slow is a disadvantage to the leader stem from these guys?

I don't think they are the originators - might have come out of the Vo Rogue era when a tearaway leader was exactly that?

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
IMO there's an optimum moderate pace. Sometimes they can go too slow.

Much can depend on when the jockeys press the button or established gaps in the field. 3L covering the field rounding bends at the 350m is obviously not optimal. Not sure dropping anchor at the mile up to 1000 really hinders ldrs chances.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If every horse is comfortable in the run then it comes down to whoever can sprint the fastest. If they go slow horses out wide are not inconvenienced therefore more chances at the end. There is an optimal way of rating horses in front, most jockeys these days are clueless. It obviously also depends on the horse.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Nah this is definitely new. Seems a thing they would say. Just seen a lot of criticism of jocks lately because they walked when leading.
Depends what he backed and who rode it.

If it's a Sircconi type ride and Linda Meech is on, it's a fantastic tactical ride, if he's on something out the back that's inconvenienced it's a pathetic walkathon and the winner is no good.

Depends what he backed and who rode it.

If it's a Sircconi type ride and Linda Meech is on, it's a fantastic tactical ride, if he's on something out the back that's inconvenienced it's a pathetic walkathon and the winner is no good.

Sounds like my kind of podcast :D

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The new clueless tipster on the block is Matt Welsh "my trial files"
i think i have seen him tip about one winnr which was $1.80 and Michael Felgate (who also is clueless) fawns all over him.
Seems like to get a gig in the media these days you just need some new idea and they will pay you for shocking ideas and tips

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong
They were in fine form this week. Ralph asks the simple question of ‘Vince, give us one word who’s going to win the cup’ Nope can’t even do that ‘Spend $20 and sign up to be a group1 supporter’ Truly pathetic.

Oh and Ralph re-getting Shoals wrong is some podcast gold. Weight had no bearing it was some other things he didn’t take into consideration, like it being more positive because it had no weight. :oops:

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They were in fine form this week. Ralph asks the simple question of ‘Vince, give us one word who’s going to win the cup’ Nope can’t even do that ‘Spend $20 and sign up to be a group1 supporter’ Truly pathetic.

Oh and Ralph re-getting Shoals wrong is some podcast gold. Weight had no bearing it was some other things he didn’t take into consideration, like it being more positive because it had no weight. :oops:

"ad free" podcast :rolleyes:

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong
D2605FD0-867A-48DF-B2E7-C24B4778CF3D.jpeg

Ralphy -$700 for the year, -1400 if you include his exorbitant fees. #ServiceForPunters #WhatsAWeights

31D95CC7-E9ED-4545-9DAF-6ADF8477E17C.jpeg

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just listened to Railway review. What the actual ****. These guys are ******* morons. I knew they were bad but people actually listen to these ******s?

Can you summarise? I can’t get more than 5 mins into them. Vince styles himself as some sort of racing guru life coach positivity buddha. Makes me want to throw the computer at the window.

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong
Did Ralphy say he put 48-60 hours into Saturday’s meeting? :oops: I’d also like to know if his subscriber(s) got a refund since he ‘pulled the pin’ at race 2 because of the rain, after this imaginary 2 1/2 days work.

Snookers

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
I can only imagine the glee that Walphy would have taken over Sonntag choking down in his final race start.

Back