Autopsy Ran outta soldiers v Crows

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This "run out of petrol" is a load of self-serving nonsense for supporters with blinkers on.

One game sure, but no this has been happening for years now, not just this season.

We run out of petrol with or without injuries - it's just an easy excuse (again) to let those who aren't performing get away with yet another loss in some kind of "be proud we made an effort against the odds" style bullsh*t.

Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is there any chance of someone putting a block on for a leading forward to run into space and take a chest mark?

Why does every kick go to a contest? For a game that we actually played really well and LDU had one of the best individual quarters for the ages, we led by 2 goals?

There is so much room for improvement with forward half system/strategy (coaching) and personnel changes (Comben as KPF, Someone (don’t know who) as a tackling forward to hold the ball in and prevent it always being slingshot to the other end.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This "run out of petrol" is a load of self-serving nonsense for supporters with blinkers on.

One game sure, but no this has been happening for years now, not just this season.

We run out of petrol with or without injuries - it's just an easy excuse (again) to let those who aren't performing get away with yet another loss in some kind of "be proud we made an effort against the odds" style bullsh*t.

Feel free to just quote me next time mate.

Happy to be 'self-serving', whatever that means in this context, considering I'm just stating my genuine perspective on why we fell away in this one.

If you can't see the reasoning behind us running out of petrol due to:
  • Stevo injury
  • Ziebell out
  • Anderson out
  • Youngsters who've struggled with their tank like Archer and Powell getting to the end of a long season
  • Cunners first game in the AFL for a long time

Then that's fine, but to suggest it's just an excuse for those not performing is ridiculous. I feel like it's just a lazy insult directed at those you disagree with.

Last edited:

Happy to be 'self-serving', whatever that means in this context, considering I'm just stating my genuine perspective on why we fell away in this one.

• Stevo injury
  • Ziebell out
  • Anderson out
  • Youngsters who've struggled with their tank like Archer and Powell getting to the end of a long season

Then that's fine, but to suggest it's just an excuse for those not performing is ridiculous. I feel like it's just a lazy insult directed at those you disagree with.
Spot on souup 👍🏻

to suggest it's just an excuse for those not performing is ridiculous. I feel like it's just a lazy insult directed at those you disagree with.

Agreed.

The rampant negativity and toxicity from some posters is exhausting.

• Stevo injury
  • Ziebell out
  • Anderson out

EDIT: Add Powell who's struggled to crack 70% TOG most of this season. Whether that's managing him due to his pubis issues or his poor tank, it doesn't change the reality.

Souup goes whack!

Spot on.

It's not bullshit. It just appreciates the players we have, and the fact that they are trying. In the end, we lose matches. In the end, who cares? I support North anyway.

Wait wait wait wait wait so you’re tryna tell me that there is context and nuance around where we are at?

And yet despite all the things wrong you just support the side?

There are some people who will want to burn you as a heretic.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Cmon matey some times you just gotta take your heart off your sleeve for a minute,

Today was a good effort by any metric and we went into it outsiders and literally fell over the line in the end, i been critical of jack but he played a decent game before popping a shoulder. Jy, ldu and cunners were just brilliant and iam surprised it took crows so long to put a hard tag on ldu given his domanance. Jed was great as well and no coincidence we steadied in 2nd half of the 3rd when he coragiousely returned to the field paul curtis just keeps getting better. Really only dissapointing bit for me was powell squibbing it a couple of times in quick succession.

But we really need another lead up forward , crumber to compliment pc and a couple of defenders, dawson showed a couple of signs today that he could be one of them.

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wait wait wait wait wait so you’re tryna tell me that there is context and nuance around where we are at?

And yet despite all the things wrong you just support the side?

There are some people who will want to burn you as a heretic.

We all support the side. That is why we are here.

That same poster backed in Scott and Joyce and ran the same bullsh*t if anyone ever questioned it - Me, Mav, TAO all did but no he/she was right.

Proven completely wrong, the people he/she supported actively has burnt us massively as run us into the ground and fired due to incompetence.

Now anyone (like me) who questions us and is disappointed still criticise as "not supporting".

Utter nonsense.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh sorry, being competitive with another bottom 4 team is such an achievement.

Yeah so toxic and exhausting, when simply telling the truth on our continually poor performances.

What's far more exhausting is people thinking everything is fine and blinkered to our results.

How people think this is a "win" for us, purely because we weren't belted by 10 plus goals is strange.
Dangerous wading in here, but did you not see anything good today Lloyd? We are rebuilding, have had a shitshow of a year and things might be about to turn more positive.
None of us want to settle for being s**t, but it’s a fair way back from where we were.
We also had one of our greatest ever shinboners make a recovery from cancer and play today, on limited game time, so we’re we’re always gunna be a bit “underpowered“. Him running around today was massive for our group.

Oh sorry, being competitive with another bottom 4 team is such an achievement.

Yeah so toxic and exhausting, when simply telling the truth on our continually poor performances.

What's far more exhausting is people thinking everything is fine and blinkered to our results.

How people think this is a "win" for us, purely because we weren't belted by 10 plus goals is strange.

Yeah, nah.

If you lack the objectivity and self-awareness required to understand that although we are bottom of the ladder for a reason, today we were competitive and exciting until we lost multiple key players to injury and that's worth recognising, then gee... I don't know what to tell you.

No one is sitting here saying "I'm so happy we lost".

It's about being objective, instead of structuring our entire identity around a performative temper tantrum because the team that has lost 20 games this year just lost another one.

No one reads your posts and goes "wow that guy is a real fan because look how badly he takes a loss". You'd do well to remember that.

Well played North...had you not ran out of soldiers you wouldve won I reckon.
Kudos to Cunny...what a battle he has fought not to mention his wife.
Goodluck next year Roos - I really hope you do well.
You’re so nice

Back