Rance diving again

What do you reckon?

• Dive

Votes: 111 73.0%
  • Not a Dive

Votes: 41 27.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You're right. He does what Lindsay Thomas does and we all hate that to.

It makes him look like a s**t person, which he is. You wont get it though because he wears yur colours, much like Thomas with North supporters and Lloyd with Bombers supporters which i'm sure you thought was just fine...
LOL, i'd love to hear your thoughts on Lloyd and now Daniher as people.

Was definitely pushed... in the side. Added some mayo. Not ideal and I'd be dark if it was reversed and it was Riewoldt on Hurley.

Pushed in the side and somehow flew forward. He knew he was out of position and took a huge dive. Should be a fine, but given who he is, wont be.

No. The umpires find it easier to ping a full forward because it doesn't mean an opponent taking a shot on goal.

Explain the ridiculous free kick Dusty got. The umpire clearly just assumed that if he was outmuscled it must have been due to cheating.

Probably the worst dive I have seen. Not only did he fool the umpire, but it cost a shot at goal for the opposition. (His team also took it down and scored from it, so 2 goal turn around).

I believe a fine is not enough.

Should he get suspended? Discuss...

Surely even Richmond fans can see how ugly that is for the game. Is that 'clear cut'?

You cant go back and change the result so admitting it is a bad look doesnt cost Richmond anything.
I said fine and warn first offenders. Such as Rance's and Sinclair's. But only do it for clear cut ones such as those.

There’s already a thread on this - quit deflecting from the abysmal effort put in by your garbage club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ffs there was no contact in his back

One hand in his right side, the other in his back. He was pushed - how hard is debatable - but not hard enough to produce the result.

Edit: Have had a closer look, agree that the left arm appears to push Rance in the side. In any case, it should've been a free against McKernan for pushing his opponent out of the contest when the ball wasn't within five metres. But that's not what the umpire said.

But the funniest thing is the vitriol. Rance, the perfect specimen of mankind, has you lot properly stirred up!

Last edited:
Added mayo to a push. Not the worst thing a player has done, but still not a good look.

Fine him, but if you don’t push a bloke with an obvious two handed two motion action - he has nothing to accentuate with the mayo.

LOL, i'd love to hear your thoughts on Lloyd and now Daniher as people.
I called Daniher out as soon as I noticed his antics 3 seasons ago, and I always called Lloyd out.

Look past your colours and stop being one eyed. Rance is a superstar, but is also a s**t bloke who flops to the ground to get a cheat free.

He added special sauce to the dive yesterday

Probably limited edition sauce, but the unfortunate thing for opposition supporters baying for blood is there was still a “push” action. So it wasn’t a blatant dive, just exaggeration

Again, I reckon it’s a s**t look - but it’s hard to not call it a free in the moment of the game. Unless we do video reviews of free kicks umpire sees that as a free any day of the week.

Rance isnt a first offender
Doesnt matter, theres been no rules for it prior. Bring out a rule in the off season, keep it open and transparent.

Rance, Sinclair or any other player, you simply cant suspend them for it mid season without any indication that you are going to do that. Rance made the most of very minimal contact. Its a horrible look but he hasnt broken any rules that justify a suspension.

However, what the rule shoul be is from now on AFL will do this. They need to announce a rule before they can enforce it.

Probably limited edition sauce, but the unfortunate thing for opposition supporters baying for blood is there was still a “push” action. So it wasn’t a blatant dive, just exaggeration

Again, I reckon it’s a s**t look - but it’s hard to not call it a free in the moment of the game. Unless we do video reviews of free kicks umpire sees that as a free any day of the week.

Give players a fine first time,one week second time
make it easier for the umps

Comparing the Sinclair to Rance dive...
Rance over cooked his performance
Sinclair went down in a natural looking motion but the ump was close enough to see contact was minimal compared to outcome

Probably the worst dive I have seen. Not only did he fool the umpire, but it cost a shot at goal for the opposition. (His team also took it down and scored from it, so 2 goal turn around).

I believe a fine is not enough.

Should he get suspended? Discuss...
Better than this one?

Doubt the golden boy will get suspended.
Were you equally indignant when the real golden boy Goodesy staged? He was one of the best ever!

Had the MRP cited Adam there would have been calls of racism.

Back