Rance Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Are rumors heard in the sauna able to be posted here?

Friend of Jeff Gieschen told me he would be back and would be returning to the field around round 8

Why would he lie about knowing Jeff Gieschen but then what would Jeff Gieschen know about the situation.

At least I got a good detox.
Did you rub one out in there?

has he been in and around the club????

SOmeone trying to tell me yesterday thats hes still down ther everyday

Yeah, I heard that too. Rance has been coming to Punt Road nearly every day. Not every day, but most days.

To drop off some JW pamphlets and spread the word about the JW faith.

Yeah, I heard that too. Rance has been coming to Punt Road nearly every day. Not every day, but most days.

To drop off some JW pamphlets and spread the word about the JW faith.
******* door knocking campaigner

I think the most important thing strictly from a club / long term perspective is that even if Rance returns - however unlikely that is - his contract will be recalibrated regardless.

He's a legend of the club and the best defender I've seen in my lifetime but he's a flight risk even if he plays only another season. Balme has effectively announced that his contract will never be what it was - so going forward, our TPP is in ridiculously good shape for reigning premiers.

Nothing really new but Jake Niall is Usually pretty good when it comes to reporting on Richmond... those extra 000’s in our cap look very helpful

Nothing really new but Jake Niall is Usually pretty good when it comes to reporting on Richmond... those extra 000’s in our cap look very helpful
Most will go to keeping our young stars. Will allow us to keep rolling like the Ablettless Cats, and Buddyless Hawks.

Most will go to keeping our young stars. Will allow us to keep rolling like the Ablettless Cats, and Buddyless Hawks.

How it should be as well we have done pretty well in the draft over the past few seasons and looks like we have found some real potential and our list is in a healthy spot

look after our own first and with whatever is left we can try and find some guys that are willing to come over and buy in for the right price

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love to get DeGoey. He is the bloke that has me not wanting to play Collingwood in a GF.

Good on Rance for not taking the club for everything he could have. While I dont understand his decision, I respect it is his life and he has done the right thing by the club right to the end. Always be a Richmond man.

Id love to get DeGoey. He is the bloke that has me not wanting to play Collingwood in a GF.

Good on Rance for not taking the club for everything he could have. While I dont understand his decision, I respect it is his life and he has done the right thing by the club right to the end. Always be a Richmond man.

I second this. Couldn't care less about the likes of Cox pulling a goal from his butt from time to time.

De Goey is the one that makes you clench your anus when the ball is heading his way because he can do crazy things. Probably how everyone feels when the balls goes near any of Lynch, Dusty or Riewoldt for us HAHA.

De goey is notoriously unprofessional and has significant history of serious hamstring issues. While he is a gun, I’d prefer we pass.
Yup definitely a pass for me the club has work far to hard to get our culture to the place it is to start letting guys in so they can coast along dosent take long for a few bad eggs to influence the younger members on the list

if we are bringing in sombody in who isn’t just a draftee I want genuine leadership quality’s and guys that will drive standards like Lynch

He could be the best player in the comp for all I care but if he isn’t 100% committed what’s the point

it’s having guys like degoey and beams on the pies list that led to major sponsors pulling out of Collingwood and Stephenson getting up to his gambling antics
They erode the club from with in

Witch one of you campaigners have a sub and can be the mvp and copy paste this article
comeback confirmed

Jack Riewoldt says Alex Rance is loving life away from footy
Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt says his former premiership teammate Alex Ranceis relishing his life after football.
Riewoldt revealed he had been in contact with the five-time All-Australian today and said Rance was loving his freedom away from the AFL.
Rance dropped a bombshell in December last year when he announced he was walking away from football to focus on his family and faith.
“I spoke to Rancey this morning and he is doing really great,” Riewoldt said.
“He said he was happy to be training when he wants to train and happy to go home from work when he wants to go home from work.
“He is in a great space and obviously it was a bit of a surprise to a lot of people, but he is doing really well and I think he is really enjoying life after footy.”
Watch every match of the Marsh Community Series AFL pre-season comp LIVE & On-Demand on KAYO. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Jack Riewoldt is gettting used to life without Alex Rance.
Asked if he thought Rance would ever play football again, Riewoldt said it was not something he was concerned about — only Rance’s happiness.
“Do I think he will play again? I have got no idea,?” Riewoldt said.
“I am not focused on whether he is going to play again for us or for local footy or anything like that, I’m just happy that he is happy. “
Riewoldt said he had been amazed at the attention the Richmond players received not coming out publicly to pay tribute immediately after the champion defender’s retirement.
“(I made) a lot less (of it) than what everyone else made of it,” Riewoldt said.
“I think the coach was quoted on the fact that we’d rather have a phone call or a face-to-face and tell him how much we love him rather than spread it all viral through social media.
“We’ve got an amazing connection at this football club that I think is unrivalled in the AFL and we show our support that way and we will continue to do that.”
Jack Riewoldt in action during a pre-season training session.
Riewoldt admitted it had been a strange feeling not having Rance around at the club over the pre-season.
“I suppose it has been a little bit weird, to be honest. He is such a vibrant character, he has brought so much to this football club,” Riewoldt said.
“We have got a lot of guys that have come out of their shells and been themselves because they have followed in his footsteps.”
As the Tigers prepare for life without Rance, Riewoldt predicted his fellow forward Tom Lynch has set himself up for a big year in 2020 after his impressive first season with the club.
“I’m really excited about what Lynchy can bring to the team this year,” Riewoldt said.
“It was touch and go whether he was going to play last year. To be honest, I was pretty surprised that we did end up playing him and then (for him) to play every game and have the impact that he did, it has set himself up for the second year here at the football club and one that could be extremely exciting.
MORE AFL NEWS:
From licence to debut: Inside the Tigers’ lair
Hear us roar: Tigers ready to make history
Cotchin's rousing message for Tiger Army
Tiger’s terrifying brain surgery warning
“He is a great young talent, arguably one of the best young key forwards in the competition … he could have another fantastic year this year.
“Last year we did not see him in the main group until basically the week of Round 1, he’s had an unscathed pre-season, he is looking really fit, you can see that he’s mentally fresh and ready to go and he’s super excited about what the season holds.”

comeback confirmed

Jack Riewoldt says Alex Rance is loving life away from footy
Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt says his former premiership teammate Alex Ranceis relishing his life after football.
Riewoldt revealed he had been in contact with the five-time All-Australian today and said Rance was loving his freedom away from the AFL.
Rance dropped a bombshell in December last year when he announced he was walking away from football to focus on his family and faith.
“I spoke to Rancey this morning and he is doing really great,” Riewoldt said.
“He said he was happy to be training when he wants to train and happy to go home from work when he wants to go home from work.
“He is in a great space and obviously it was a bit of a surprise to a lot of people, but he is doing really well and I think he is really enjoying life after footy.”
Watch every match of the Marsh Community Series AFL pre-season comp LIVE & On-Demand on KAYO. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Asked if he thought Rance would ever play football again, Riewoldt said it was not something he was concerned about — only Rance’s happiness.
“Do I think he will play again? I have got no idea,?” Riewoldt said.
“I am not focused on whether he is going to play again for us or for local footy or anything like that, I’m just happy that he is happy. “
Riewoldt said he had been amazed at the attention the Richmond players received not coming out publicly to pay tribute immediately after the champion defender’s retirement.
“(I made) a lot less (of it) than what everyone else made of it,” Riewoldt said.
“I think the coach was quoted on the fact that we’d rather have a phone call or a face-to-face and tell him how much we love him rather than spread it all viral through social media.
“We’ve got an amazing connection at this football club that I think is unrivalled in the AFL and we show our support that way and we will continue to do that.”
Riewoldt admitted it had been a strange feeling not having Rance around at the club over the pre-season.
“I suppose it has been a little bit weird, to be honest. He is such a vibrant character, he has brought so much to this football club,” Riewoldt said.
“We have got a lot of guys that have come out of their shells and been themselves because they have followed in his footsteps.”
As the Tigers prepare for life without Rance, Riewoldt predicted his fellow forward Tom Lynch has set himself up for a big year in 2020 after his impressive first season with the club.
“I’m really excited about what Lynchy can bring to the team this year,” Riewoldt said.
“It was touch and go whether he was going to play last year. To be honest, I was pretty surprised that we did end up playing him and then (for him) to play every game and have the impact that he did, it has set himself up for the second year here at the football club and one that could be extremely exciting.
MORE AFL NEWS:
From licence to debut: Inside the Tigers’ lair
Hear us roar: Tigers ready to make history
Cotchin's rousing message for Tiger Army
Tiger’s terrifying brain surgery warning
“He is a great young talent, arguably one of the best young key forwards in the competition … he could have another fantastic year this year.
“Last year we did not see him in the main group until basically the week of Round 1, he’s had an unscathed pre-season, he is looking really fit, you can see that he’s mentally fresh and ready to go and he’s super excited about what the season holds.”

1581118399927.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back