Rance Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think its over.
Somethings said in the interview.

“Now I feel is the right time for me to put the same time and energy into other areas of my life that need it, and to prioritise the more important things to me, such as my spiritual growth, my family and friends.

“I am someone who will always give their best to what they commit to, and I’m proud of the time, energy and dedication that I’ve put towards my football career.”

His time/energy/dedication isn't there towards football with him stepping away.On that note i can't see rance coming back in rnd 8 or whatever.

Richmond’s Alex Rance announces post-footy career move
Just months after quitting AFL to focus on his “spiritual growth and family”, Alex Rance has surprised fans again — with a gig that’s worlds away from the Richmond Football Club, literally.
Fiona Byrne, Sunday Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
February 15, 2020 2:31pm
Close

HERALDSUN.COM.AU1:07
Alex Rance: AFL world reacts to shock retirement
Alex Rance has sent shockwaves throughout the AFL community after calling him on his illustrious career after 200 games with Richmond

MORE IN ENTERTAINMENT

Olympia and Essendon beau splurge on love nest

Dale Thomas’ biggest post-jungle struggles

Palace staff ‘cringe’ at Meghan video

similars

Richmond star Alex Rance has broken his silence and revealed his latest unexpected career move after his shock exit from the AFL ranks.
Rance, 30, is turning tour leader and will helm a trek to Nepal in November.
“I have a pretty amazing adventure planned for Nepal in November. If you’re an adventurer and keen to challenge yourself and help other(s) achieve, I’d love you to join me. Spots are limited tho (sic),” he posted on Instagram.
The trek, being run by Heath and Fitness Holidays and Kokoda Courage, will see 20 adventurers trek the Annapurna circuit in the Himalayas with the Richmond great.
The Annapurna Circuit is one of the most famous treks in Nepal.
Rance has been a footy mystery man since his shock announcement in December that he was calling time on his decorated playing career with Richmond.
Richmond star Alex Rance retired from the AFL in late 2019.
Richmond star Alex Rance retired from the AFL in late 2019.
To say fans were surprised by one of the Tiger’s great players making such an unexpected decision is an understatement.
He said at the time he wanted to focus on his family and his religion.
“Right now, I feel I have served my purpose in terms of my on-field performance and cultural impact, and I’m so grateful to the football club for their support and care in allowing me to do that in my own unique way,” Rance said of his stunning decision.

“Now I feel is the right time for me to put the same time and energy into other areas of my life that need it, and to prioritise the more important things to me, such as my spiritual growth, my family and friends.
“I am someone who will always give their best to what they commit to, and I’m proud of the time, energy and dedication that I’ve put towards my football career.”
Alex Rance split with wife Georgia in 2019.
Alex Rance split with wife Georgia in 2019.
It was later revealed his seven-year marriage to Georgia had ended in mid-2019.
Nepal has not been the only thing on his mind since hanging up his boots.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT
DALE THOMAS REVEALS STRUGGLES SINCE LEAVING THE JUNGLE
MILEY CYRUS TO PERFORM AT GRAND PRIX
TEGAN MARTIN OPENS UP ABOUT HER NEW BEAU

Rance is the co-founder and co-director of The Academy, an educational college with a focus on developing young AFL players.
He has regularly been posting updates on social media about the progression on The Academy’s new campus in Geelong.

Think its over.
Somethings said in the interview.

His time/energy/dedication isn't there towards football with him stepping away.On that note i can't see rance coming back in rnd 8 or whatever.
Think that’s an old quote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back