Rance Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks to me he has said he’s retired, though he is actually still on the list and has only been paid for the two months from oct 31st.
Every team is required to have the same amount of players on the list and the same amount of money to pay them.
I get it there’ll be that money to go around next year but I’m not certain whether we will have to spend that money before the next cycle or not as we had less players so could unfairly pay more than other clubs are capable of.

there’s flexibility in how much you can pay these days which makes it easier for clubs to manipulate the cap - I think it’s counted over a 3 year period (may be more or less) and I believe they can go between 7.5% below and above 100% (it may only be 5% so don’t quote me on that exactly) either way it takes a stuff up of monumental proportions to not be able to balance the books these days and with Balmey there I cant see us having any issues

Im pretty sure another club had a player retire last pre season and were able to bring a player in to replace them. Actually didnt carlton do that when docherty went down early in the pre season?
I think you can be added to the inactive list at any time ala Grigg, thus freeing up a pick for the SSP/mid season drafts but you still remain on the list. I dare say this will happen before mid season draft if Rance is still committed to retiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T

Tomas Bugg retired but can’t remember how they replaced him

he was replaced on the list after retirement just before the start of the season , so unless the rules have changed we can do that too

he was replaced on the list after retirement just before the start of the season , so unless the rules have changed we can do that too

remember when he shitmouthed rance

remember when he shitmouthed rance

Really!??....That's it someone pass me the Mortein, I'll show that Bugg a thing or two.....😉

Can't be done given he pulled the pin after the final list lodgement deadline. Even if he died rather than retired, he'd have remained on the list in 2020.
There's actually a precedent here - Troy Broadbridge was killed in the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami and was able to be replaced on the Melbourne list, even though lists had already been lodged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back