Play Nice Rance Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Please respect the "Play Nice" status of this thread.

Whether or not you have "a valid point", nastiness and rumour-mongering will result in post deletions, thread bans, and warning points depending on the post and my mood at the time.

Love love love :kiss:

Hahahaha. Oh boy. I did, did i? Dont remember getting any royalties for it! For starters the doco was made during the year, and not a tribute to a lost prelim which you simpleton Richmond supporters continue to have trouble grasping. And your second point, "we play AFL"? Wow, any other earth shattering revelations?
Continue to rejoice in medocrity and what ifs....believe me we Tigers supporters know all about it - be at least we admit it. Pies on the other hand - if only...

Is this thread about the diving, cheap shot enthusiast Rance? As this thread bears no resemblance to that player...

Social drugs every club that's news to me ?? You a really clutching on straws assumptions now. So when has social drugs been acceptable in afl now that's news to me.The players come out after retirement and admitted it openly please that was the most tarnished flag in history the point is you wanted to go back in history smell your own first.

Tarnished flag in 2019 maybe do your research see how many games we travelled early on in the year.I suppose it's our fault half the Melbourne afl clubs share the MCG to as there home ground laughable.

Are you really that naive?

Like really?

Talk about burying your head in the sand.

Very surprised at the lack of fanfare for Alex Rance's retirement from the Richmond footy club

Virtually none of his teammates had anything to say about his stellar career.

It was a shock announcement which caught the football world unawares and then....

Nothing.

You have to wonder whether there is more to this than the official story that his religious beliefs have taken priority over his football or the conjecture that his knee hasn't come up.

Like most things to do with Rance, it's just.... weird.

Being a Pies supporter, West Coast supporters were amazingly humble after 2018, couldnt respect them more. Richmond on the other hand...
Ah yes. This old chestnut! So much love between the 2 teams as they have a bit in common. Like complaining about everything and choking, embarrassingly. :$

You lot can wallow in your pity and failures, (5 goals up in GF = choke lol) Meanwhile, Richmond wins flags and our supporters revel in the new world order.

Rance has retired is all. Hell, he may even come back one day by the gossip. But regardless...

There is nothing more satisfying than seeing how upset, angry and defensive you lot get. Absolutely nothing.
Thank you.:kissingheart:

A club who won a flag had players taking social drugs?

Wow, what ground breaking news.

Every club has players who play with social drugs, even Richmond. So what is the point you were trying to make?
The point about the Eagles so-called "tarnished" flag in 2006 was that their club was like a pharmacy with many star players using all sorts of drugs while blitzing the comp. That's not scuttlebutt. It's an established fact. An admission from key players and confirmed stories.

These weren't "clean" athletes who treated their bodies like a temple. It's not a huge leap of faith to assume many of them might've also been dabbling in performance enhancing drugs. Especially in light of the huge spike in their performances through the mid 2000's. Eagles who were previously average/fair played like champions during that run. And look at the way their individual performances dropped right away once they'd got a premiership medal and signed a lucrative contract.

The comp's biggest drug addict somehow found another gear in 2005 and became AFL MVP and Brownlow medalist. He pretty much highlighted how easy it was for AFL players to evade detection if they were smart. Was all that "gut running" simply the result of hard training in between binge-usage of coke and ice? Or maybe he was also using other chemicals such as EPO, testosterone and HGH

Don't forget the Jason Akermanis anecdote about playing on Michael Braun and getting torched by his repeat sprints up and down the ground. Dismiss that all you like, but Aka never actually named him, so it wasn't sour grapes. He wasn't writing particularly about West Coast. He was writing about PEDs in the AFL. It was candid comment from a champion player in the prime of his career that he knew something wasn't hunky dory.

Then you had the guy who set up the winning goal in the 2006 GF getting busted by WA police for importing steroids. He himself talked about pharmacological culture at West Coast with all sorts of pills handed out like lollies before games.

I'm not accusing West Coast of being on the gear like Essendon in 2012. I wouldn't know. I'm just helping you understand exactly what is meant by the likes of Mike Sheahan, Robert Walls and others when they say the Eagles' 2006 flag was "tarnished".

Tigers flag last year was tarnished because of the laughable draw gifted to them travelling twice in the last 3 months of the season.
nah. Just because people whinge about that on Big Footy, that doesn't mean their premiership cup is "tarnished". You might be right that it makes their task easier, but they still won the flag, fair and square.

I don't know a single Eagles fan who complained or had sour grapes about 2019 and the result. Can't win every year and we used up a bit of luck in 2018, so be it. Such is Life. When your club wins flags reasonably regularly you don't turn into an idiot when it happens. Unlike some clubs and their supporters. :think:;)
958722-3x2-700x467.jpg

Last edited:
The point about the Eagles so-called "tarnished" flag in 2006 was that their club was like a pharmacy with many star players using all sorts of drugs while blitzing the comp. That's not scuttlebutt. It's an established fact. An admission from key players and confirmed stories.

It's not a huge leap of faith to assume many of them might've also been dabbling in performance enhancing drugs. Especially in light of the huge spike in their performances through the mid 2000's. Eagles who were previously average/fair played like champions during that run. These weren't clean athletes who treat their body like a temple. And look at the way their individual performances dropped right away once they'd got their premiership medals and signed big money contracts.

The comp's biggest drug addict somehow found another gear in 2005 and became AFL MVP and Brownlow medalist. He pretty much highlighted how easy it was for AFL players to evade detection of they were smart. Was all that "gut running" simply the result of hard training in between binge-usage of coke and ice? Or maybe he was also using other chemicals such as EPO, testosterone and HGH

Don't forget the Jason Akermanis anecdote about playing on Michael Braun and getting torched by his repeat sprints up and down the ground. Dismiss that all you like, but Aka never actually named him, so it wasn't sour grapes. He wasn't writing about West Coast. He was writing about PEDs in the AFL. It was candid comment from a champion player in the prime of his career that he knew something was NQR.

Then you had the guy who set up the winning goal in the 2006 GF getting busted by WA police for importing steroids. He himself talked about pharmacological culture at West Coast with all sorts of pills handed out before games.

I'm not accusing West Coast of being on the gear like Essendon in 2012. I wouldn't know. I'm just helping you understand exactly what is meant by the likes of Mike Sheahan, Robert Walls and others when they say the Eagles' 2006 flag was "tarnished".

nah. Just because people whinge about that on Big Footy, that doesn't mean their premiership cup is "tarnished". You might be right that it makes their task easier, but they still won the flag, fair and square.

958722-3x2-700x467.jpg

What a great post but I have the only reply a West Coast fan could have to that backhander

#VICBIAS

These weren't "clean" athletes who treated their bodies like a temple. It's not a huge leap of faith to assume many of them might've also been dabbling in performance enhancing drugs. Especially in light of the huge spike in their performances through the mid 2000's. Eagles who were previously average/fair played like champions during that run. And look at the way their individual performances dropped right away once they'd got a premiership medal and signed a lucrative contract.

The comp's biggest drug addict somehow found another gear in 2005 and became AFL MVP and Brownlow medalist. He pretty much highlighted how easy it was for AFL players to evade detection of they were smart. Was all that "gut running" simply the result of hard training in between binge-usage of coke and ice? Or maybe he was also using other chemicals such as EPO, testosterone and HGH

Don't forget the Jason Akermanis anecdote about playing on Michael Braun and getting torched by his repeat sprints up and down the ground. Dismiss that all you like, but Aka never actually named him, so it wasn't sour grapes. He wasn't writing particularly about West Coast. He was writing about PEDs in the AFL. It was candid comment from a champion player in the prime of his career that he knew something wasn't hunky dory.

Then you had the guy who set up the winning goal in the 2006 GF getting busted by WA police for importing steroids. He himself talked about pharmacological culture at West Coast with all sorts of pills handed out before games.

958722-3x2-700x467.jpg

The one player i always suspected of taking PEDs, on superficial evidence, was Daniel Chick.

1. Known drug taker
2. Met his American wife in his early 20's and had regular trips to the US
3. Had a huge performance spike between seasons, based on freak athleticism. That athleticism didn't last long. About 3 seasons.

I doubt the AFL had the sophistication or the want to catch PED users in the AFL in that era.

958722-3x2-700x467.jpg

Nice rant.

How many Eagles tested positive to either social or performance enhancing drugs?

I'll give you a clue.

The same number of Richmond players who have.

Do you believe Richmond has no player who uses social drugs? Never has and never will?

That's the discussion point champ.

Supporters who think their club and their players don't do it are kidding themselves. That's the point.

Nice rant.

How many Eagles tested positive to either social or performance enhancing drugs?

I'll give you a clue.

Do you believe Richmond has no player who uses social drugs? Never has and never will?

That's the discussion point champ.

Supporters who think their club and their players don't do it are kidding themselves. That's the point.

1579587437160.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice rant.

I'll give you a clue.

How many Eagles players in 2019???
How about the Tiges in 2019?

... Or is pissing Gatorade normal in WA??

Ah yes. This old chestnut! So much love between the 2 teams as they have a bit in common. Like complaining about everything and choking, embarrassingly. :$

You lot can wallow in your pity and failures, (5 goals up in GF = choke lol) Meanwhile, Richmond wins flags and our supporters revel in the new world order.

Rance has retired is all. Hell, he may even come back one day by the gossip. But regardless...

There is nothing more satisfying than seeing how upset, angry and defensive you lot get. Absolutely nothing.
Thank you.:kissingheart:

Bah ha haaa haaaa!!! OMGoodness.

Upset and defensive is now in the dictionary with a photo of Richmond supporters. Any criticism of their behaviour, players, coaches or club and a frothing mob spew forth.

And that just gets proven time and time again in pretty well every thread on BF.

Keep up the good work Tiggers fans, the world is always a better place with laughter in it. And you mob certainly make people laugh ;) :):cool::thumbsu:

It was a shock announcement which caught the football world unawares and then....

Nothing.

You have to wonder whether there is more to this than the official story that his religious beliefs have taken priority over his football or the conjecture that his knee hasn't come up.

Like most things to do with Rance, it's just.... weird.

It's right up there with MH370 as one of the great mysteries of our time.

958722-3x2-700x467.jpg
Hahahaha You sure did back one out, must of been painful going in though. Sad, no mention of the the 8 players in rehab from a certain club (guess that means they took steroids as well) and one of their premieship players getting busted for dealing steriods, lordy lordy, none so blind as those who will not see.

Hahahaha You sure did back one out, must of been painful going in though. Sad, no mention of the the 8 players in rehab from a certain club (guess that means they took steroids as well) and one of their premieship players getting busted for dealing steriods, lordy lordy, none so blind as those who will not see.
Triggered, huh?

I was just explaining to Obeanie1 what the likes of Sheahan and Walls really meant when they referred to West Coast's "tainted flag" in 2006

I personally couldn't give a s**t about any of that. I regard West Coast's so-called "tainted flag" of 2006 the same as Geelong's "tainted flag" of 2007 when the now-disgraced sports scientist, Dean Robinson came on board as the Cats' strength & conditioning coach and immeidately improved their core strength (and ladder position from 10th to 1st)

They all count.

The comp's biggest drug addict somehow found another gear in 2005 and became AFL MVP and Brownlow medalist. He pretty much highlighted how easy it was for AFL players to evade detection if they were smart. Was all that "gut running" simply the result of hard training in between binge-usage of coke and ice? Or maybe he was also using other chemicals such as EPO, testosterone and HGH

Then you had the guy who set up the winning goal in the 2006 GF getting busted by WA police for importing steroids. He himself talked about pharmacological culture at West Coast with all sorts of pills handed out like lollies before games.

958722-3x2-700x467.jpg

I must say the bit about the tigers draw is a farce. They played gws twice during the season and coll and only played 5 games at the G in their first 12, which also included back to back interstate trips in round 3 and 4... and of course gold coast once.
They got the games at the g at the end as they were due some home games ( even though some of them were away games).

winning an interstate final by 8 goals after trailing at1/4 time still isnt enough to convince some,

Triggered, huh?

I was just explaining to Obeanie1 what the likes of Sheahan and Walls really meant when they referred to West Coast's "tainted flag" in 2006

I personally couldn't give a s**t about any of that. I regard West Coast's so-called "tainted flag" of 2006 the same as Geelong's "tainted flag" of 2007 when the now-disgraced sports scientist, Dean Robinson came on board as the Cats' strength & conditioning coach and immeidately improved their core strength (and ladder position from 10th to 1st)

They all count.
What about a whole club who cheats and win sfa!!!!

I must say the bit about the tigers draw is a farce. They played gws twice during the season and coll and only played 5 games at the G in their first 12, which also included back to back interstate trips in round 3 and 4... and of course gold coast once.
They got the games at the g at the end as they were due some home games ( even though some of them were away games).

winning an interstate final by 8 goals after trailing at1/4 time still isnt enough to convince some,

check out Collingwoods run home to their last flag ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back