Play Nice Rance Retirement

Please respect the "Play Nice" status of this thread.

Whether or not you have "a valid point", nastiness and rumour-mongering will result in post deletions, thread bans, and warning points depending on the post and my mood at the time.

Love love love :kiss:

Few games late this year, into the seniors next year 👍

Good luck to him. Unlikely to return at anything near his best after 3 years out of the league.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Saw him not long ago and he is absolutely fit as a fiddle. But yeah he’d be well out of touch. I think he’s mates with Rutten, it’d be more an on field VFL coaching type thing I think.
Reid, Eyre, Brand, McBride
could do with the experienced head amongst them.

I'd also imagine this could be an indicator both Hurls and Hooker pull the plug this year

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
No idea, but if he is then he isn't trying to convert people, and that is what both Ablett and Rance try and that just fractures a playing group as people don't like being preached at.

Lol.
People can take or leave religion but don’t make out like offering someone an invitation somewhere is preaching at them. If a teammate says ‘hey I’m going to the pub how about you come too’ are they preaching to them?

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
No idea, but if he is then he isn't trying to convert people, and that is what both Ablett and Rance try and that just fractures a playing group as people don't like being preached at.
Don’t think he fractured richmonds playing group while he was there, in fact I never heard of him trying to preach to anyone.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Hasn't played since Rd 1 2019. I'm sure he has kept in shape but can you just play at VFL level after 2.5 years out of footy? It's not like he's playing country footy or ammos.
Have you seen some of the VFL players? He'd be rusty but the best defender in it. He's 31 but was always an elite athlete and conditioned. If he's kept his fitness up then the only question mark would be on how he moves after the knee reco we haven't seen him play AFL since.

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Isn't he in Tokyo with the diving team?
Last thing we need, Mr.Flop returning!

Speaking of which, in lockdown I've been looking through some games from earlier this year, R1 Brisbane vs Swans and what do you know, Daniher does his best flop forward, fails to con the ump and then mouths off about a lack of free. So he's been doing it all year but only fined once.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Well I think we can all agree that Rance made a fine All-Australian captain...

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Lol @ the salty Adelaide supporter in the comments.

I remember when Andy Otten (is that his name?), got so nervous playing against Rance in the Grand Final, you forgot who was the defender and who was the forward 😂

All the best to him. If he did come back to AFL, would be nice if Essendon allowed us to borrow his services. Our last memory of him was clutching his knee in agony. Would be nice to see him get a retirement match.

Seb78

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Will clearly be in their AFL best 22 soon enough and probably captain them before too long.
ITF.gif

Back