Rumour Rance Retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to enjoy inviting the local Jehovas Witnesses in for a long chat over tea and scones. It took them about 10 visits over three years to work out that my interest in their religion was purely scholarly.
You mean they've didn't twig when they saw the upside down crucifix?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
It's the Richmond Man culture, where they get to know each other on a much deeper level than just being teammates, they take time to get to know the intricate details of each and every player at the club, and that also extends to the off field staff as well. If you get a chance read the Stronger and Bolder book as it goes into a bit more detail about it. Put simply it's a level of respect for each other than extends to more than just what they bring to the table as footballers.

OK.

Did they like not bother for 37 years and then in the last three years decided to embrace this Richmond only intense bromance again?

Or was it all their own fans abusing the crap out of them back in 2017 showering them in spittle that galvanised the team and management?

Its amazing what players and coaches can achieve when given a final, final chance before the axe falls on the lot of them. Back then Dusty was shopping himself around for more coin but no otjer team wanted the bad boy image. Riewauldt was obviously told to stop being a selfish turd and grow the f up and play a team role. They picked up a couple of decent trades and came up with a game plan that actually suited the cattle they had. A couple of decent assistant coaches came in and hey presto success finally after literally a life time of waiting.

Thats moee likely how it really happened as opposed to a wanky book describing a club all of a sudden being Stronger and Bolder.

Thread started to bait Richmond fans becomes thread of Richmond fans getting people upset and teary about Richmond and their fans.
Geez you couldn’t see that coming..

hahahahaha...hilarious.

do they let your #1 fan out of the sex offenders wing on game days?

every club has it's skeletons. jfc.

.... that escalated quickly.

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Can any Richmond insiders give us a status update regarding legal proceedings please?

following events closely as Richmond v bigfooty would be the biggest court case since I watched the ‘vegan vs neighbour and his bbq’ episode on today tonight

OK.

Did they like not bother for 37 years and then in the last three years decided to embrace this Richmond only intense bromance again?

Or was it all their own fans abusing the crap out of them back in 2017 showering them in spittle that galvanised the team and management?

Its amazing what players and coaches can achieve when given a final, final chance before the axe falls on the lot of them. Back then Dusty was shopping himself around for more coin but no otjer team wanted the bad boy image. Riewauldt was obviously told to stop being a selfish turd and grow the f up and play a team role. They picked up a couple of decent trades and came up with a game plan that actually suited the cattle they had. A couple of decent assistant coaches came in and hey presto success finally after literally a life time of waiting.

Thats moee likely how it really happened as opposed to a wanky book describing a club all of a sudden being Stronger and Bolder.
I think you'll find that Riewoldt was playing a more team oriented game well before 2017 and as for the claim Dusty was shopping himself around but nobody wanted him keep believing that if that makes your story seem more entertaining than the facts.

The culture that the club has started back when Gale rejoined the club and has undergone tweaks as the years have past, with the Richmond Man ethos starting during the 2017 preseason. Sure some quality pick ups at the trade table and a new game plan helped the on field results, but as I've said it's not just something that revolves around what happens on the field, it's how the players & staff want to be seen as a whole.

And no WillHayward it's not some tantric sex retreat, although there was a game in 2019 where Hardwick did label each player as a different kind of superhero, which is probably the 2019 equivalent of having a spirit animal ;)

I’m gonna miss this thread when school starts up again.

Good luck with it mate, year 8 is tough but you’ll do ok. Just study hard and get your homework completed on time.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Yeh this Tigers mythology really is quite amusing.

Who would of thought a bunch of guys mid 20s in their mid twenties who spend most of their days together and have recently enjoyed success would be close knit?
Of course. I agree. The Tigers have put a big focus on it though, and actively and consciously tried to build it, where as maybe other clubs have just sort of let it be rather than specifically have it as an integral part of the club?

Of course. I agree. The Tigers have put a big focus on it though, and actively and consciously tried to build it, where as maybe other clubs have just sort of let it be rather than specifically have it as an integral part of the club?

This isn’t the mid 90’s, every club has culture and welfare divisions.

This isn’t the mid 90’s, every club has culture and welfare divisions.
I suppose it's just a coincidence though that when the Pies adopted a similar approach to Richmond, prior to 2018 in having a more relaxed atmosphere around the club that they went from 13th to runners up and top 4 in successive seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can any Richmond insiders give us a status update regarding legal proceedings please?

following events closely as Richmond v bigfooty would be the biggest court case since I watched the ‘vegan vs neighbour and his bbq’ episode on today tonight
My vegan neighbour cracked it at me when I mowed the lawns the other day.

“HOW DARE YOU WASTE GOOD FOOD!” he bellowed.

I suppose it's just a coincidence though that when the Pies adopted a similar approach to Richmond, prior to 2018 in having a more relaxed atmosphere around the club that they went from 13th to runners up and top 4 in successive seasons

Yes, my previous posts said that.

Of course, I suppose it's just a coincidence though that when the Tigers adopted a similar approach to Collingwood 2010 blah blah blah.

Your team hasn’t done anything that hasn’t been done before.

Anyway, no doubt these posts will be removed again.

Some people look for more than looks. When you grow up, you’ll understand

and with that, and the constant drivel that has kept me busy deleting off topic discussion, this rumor thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back