Rumour Rance Retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to enjoy inviting the local Jehovas Witnesses in for a long chat over tea and scones. It took them about 10 visits over three years to work out that my interest in their religion was purely scholarly.
You mean they've didn't twig when they saw the upside down crucifix?

What proof do you have that Rioli is a constant drug user and that it wasnt just a puff at a party?

As I said. Throwing stones.
As I said poor Willie being so unfortunate to get caught the only time he has ever had a puff of weed. What are the odds?

As I said poor Willie being so unfortunate to get caught the only time he has ever had a puff of weed. What are the odds?
Did anyone unfriend him?
Could be worth looking into.

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Also believe that police can advise if there is reason enough for cease and desist orders to be issued
Police don't issue cease and desist letters.

They aren't special orders, it is a letter advising the person to stop doing whatever they are doing or they may face legal consequences.

Anyone can send a cease and desist letter, you don't even need to be a lawyer.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Must just be a coincidence then
  • Trent Cotchin's Hair (on reddit)--- Cotchin's Hair Piece (on BigFooty)
  • Both accounts made in the past 16 months (Reddit at end of 2018 season, BigFooty start of 2019 season)
  • An interesting topic to be about considering most of the jokes about Cotchin's hair stem from 2015-2016.

Thought you may want to know so people don't accuse you of starting the rumour.

Rumour is, the IP addresses match

So they must go to the same mccafe or something.

Dusty0004

Cancelled
Dec 29, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Wait, so you get on your high horse and tell people to stop listening to gossip and people on the internet.

And then you spread gossip that police are investigating (on the internet, no less) and want us to take you at face value?

Richmond logic...

look who’s back
Troll

They aren't special orders, it is a letter advising the person to stop doing whatever they are doing or they may face legal consequences.

Didn't think that was the case, but had been told by a friend that they used the police to issue one. They could have been just talking about a normal cease and desist order from police.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania

That's true, but it is advisable, at the every least, to have a lawyer review your 'Cease and Desist' letter to ensure it contains the main criteria and legal elements required and also that your supporting documentation does not in some way incriminated yourself - and he/she will also advise that this correspondence should be sent in a 'traceable manner', via certified mail etc.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
The dude didnt really start a rumour but asked the question, something journalists do everyday. I don't think that's something that can be sued for.

Correct, it's not, but it's interesting viewing this wacky discussion all the same...

Last edited:

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
The dude didnt really start a rumour but asked the question, something journalists do everyday. I don't think that's something that can be sued for.

Agree but there were posts that have now been deleted but left for hours, with images and some gutter trash written, obviously if they were screen captured and sent off, those posters, Twitter users etc have something to worry about

Agree but there were posts that have now been deleted but left for hours, with images and some gutter trash written, obviously if they were screen captured and sent off, those posters, Twitter users etc have something to worry about
Don’t worry....I have an uncle that works at Kmart. I’m gonna ask him for his counsel on this matter and I’ll get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back