Random Brownlow Question

Remove this Banner Ad

Random.....

What players have finished top 5 in the Brownlow and not made the AA team?

What players have won the Brownlow and not won their teams BNF?

Shane Woewodin won the 2000 Brownlow Medal and didn't make All-Australian.

Another one. Who is the only All-Australian (under the modern format, since 1991) never to receive a Brownlow vote during his career?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon players who have poled in more rounds than the actual winner is an obscure category.... perhaps no one exists.
Fyfe (1st) polled in 11 games. Priddis (2nd) polled in 13 games

Judd (1st) polled in 12 games. Ablett (2nd) polled in 13 games

Ricciuto, Goodes and Buckley tied for first polling in 10,11 and 12 games respectively

Akermanis (1st) polled in 9 games, Francou (3rd) polled in 10 games

McKernan (1st but suspended) polled in 8 games, Voss and Hird (joint winners) both polled 9 games, Grant (3rd) polled in 9 games and Burke (4th) polled in 10 games

Haven't gone back any further than that because I don't think any year will top it

Technically it's Vic Thorp, Richmond's TOTC full back. But he only played 32/263 games in which votes were awarded, and in those, there was no 3-2-1, just the one vote for BOG.

Dale Morris has played the most eligible games for one vote, 231/245.

I thought it was Ryan Hargrave.... must have been surpassed.

So "
The following 11 players never won a BNF....

but there must be some few others who won a Brownlow without winning another BNF in the same year.

JIMMY BARTEL

EDWARD “CARJI” GREEVES

BERNIE QUINLAN

ADAM COONEY

FRED GOLDSMITH

DENIS RYAN—WILFRED SMALLHORN—STAN JUDKINS—IVOR WARNE-SMITH
So "the Carji" is a BnF named after a bloke that never won a BnF? How's that for irony?

So "

So "the Carji" is a BnF named after a bloke that never won a BnF? How's that for irony?

HOF member... Brownlow..... and very nearly almost related to Tom Wills the part creator of aussie rules.

But i agree.....never won a BNF..... what a handbagger!

What players have won the Brownlow and not won their teams BNF?

Always loved the fact that the year Greg Williams had a very public sook about not winning the Brownlow he didn’t win Carlton’s B&F either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back