Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your fav song RAGM songs 00Stinger

Bombtrack and Know your Enemy probably my very close seconds behind Bulls.
Listening to RATM this arvo

Cant believe I forgot to add No Shelter to my top couple of songs

Under rated and bloody awesome

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Back in stage 4 lockdown again

It baffles me that the government still have no long term plan other than destroying most industries and small businesses

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
I heard they put a call in to Harry S. Truman but there were a couple or problems.
1. Hes dead so couldn't take the call.
2. People tend to frown on genocide, even if its for the greater good.
3. We don't even own any nukes.

So it seems that a scorched earth policy on the economy and business is the only current viable option.

On a more serious note, whenever I hear Danny boy talks he always says 'you' instead of 'we' like hes not part of the cluster that is covid in Victoria. I don't vote so this isn't political, but we all need to own this to some degree and Dan was in a position to instruct us what to do. I'm sure none of us can say we didn't do something, even minor, that didn't somehow break the rules.

I have been saying from the outset that we should have gone hard from the start (stage 4) and suffered a greater deal of pain for a shorter period to rid us of this but instead as soon as things seemed to be getting better everything we back to normal.

I'm self employed and quite a number of business that I service told me that they just made it through the first lock down. Sadly I think a number wont make it through the second which will go for at least another few months unless the government just give up and accept we've failed at containing this.

And Victoria can embrace the title of Australia's leper colony.

tldr is probably everyone's best option to this post.

I heard they put a call in to Harry S. Truman but there were a couple or problems.
1. Hes dead so couldn't take the call.
2. People tend to frown on genocide, even if its for the greater good.
3. We don't even own any nukes.

So it seems that a scorched earth policy on the economy and business is the only current viable option.

On a more serious note, whenever I hear Danny boy talks he always says 'you' instead of 'we' like hes not part of the cluster that is covid in Victoria. I don't vote so this isn't political, but we all need to own this to some degree and Dan was in a position to instruct us what to do. I'm sure none of us can say we didn't do something, even minor, that didn't somehow break the rules.

I have been saying from the outset that we should have gone hard from the start (stage 4) and suffered a greater deal of pain for a shorter period to rid us of this but instead as soon as things seemed to be getting better everything we back to normal.

I'm self employed and quite a number of business that I service told me that they just made it through the first lock down. Sadly I think a number wont make it through the second which will go for at least another few months unless the government just give up and accept we've failed at containing this.

And Victoria can embrace the title of Australia's leper colony.

tldr is probably everyone's best option to this post.
I'm in finance so I think I am qualified to comment (to some degree) on the financial turmoil we are inevitably going to come into over the next 12 months+

I don't know what the lockdown is trying to achieve when the government both federal and state has said we are not going down the eradication line but more of a control measure. Are we going to do this every 3-6 months when the cases spike again? Like what is the long term goal?

I've worked at some big companies (think arguably the biggest construction, entertainment and leisure businesses x3) and they may post big profits yet only have a cash flow that would allow business to stop for 3-6 months at max. so how the * does the government expect most small/medium sized companies to stay afloat for another 6 week lock down?

Unemployment is at 7.5% I would expect that to double in 12 months time. God knows how many shell companies there are out there at the moment, only still technically employing people because of job keeper. I guess we won't truly know this exact figure for a while

People have had to withdraw on their superannuation (retirement funds) to pay for bills/necessities while postponing their mortgage payments which is extending their loan lengths with the interest capitalizing (their debt growing) with no guarantee for work when we open up again

I could go on an on but I'm eveing boring myself now

On a last note. Anyone working in a business get very concerned when the company starts enticing people to get their annual leave balances down (most companies have probably already done this). That is the first step in the company setting up to reduce their staff numbers!

But the rest of you, favourite cover of a song?
I'm sure most RATM fans would agree the gold standard of covers is Bill Cosby doing Killing In The Game

I'm not sure Chris Cornless would want to know this one made it to YouTube.
Probably not his finest moment.

Had this game as a kid

Can't remember is was any good or not though

I remember playing it at a party when I was in grade 4 or 5. The jump scares frightened the s**t out of us. 😂

I don't know what the lockdown is trying to achieve when the government both federal and state has said we are not going down the eradication line but more of a control measure. Are we going to do this every 3-6 months when the cases spike again? Like what is the long term goal?

Unemployment is at 7.5% I would expect that to double in 12 months time. God knows how many shell companies there are out there at the moment, only still technically employing people because of job keeper. I guess we won't truly know this exact figure for a while
Whilst I think job keeper has been a good move by the government it has created the greatest false economy in the history of mankind. Many are earning more then they used too and think they will be immune to the long term effect or plainly just haven't considered them. Raising the payment of job seeker has had the same effect as many long term unemployed have effectively doubled their income and now have $500+ disposable income a fortnight as they've learnt to live of the normal job seeker payment.

On the way the government is dealing with it, it really is the half pregnant approach. They lock us down while telling us they can't get rid of it. Put all the effort into protecting the vulnerable and let those who want to take the risk do so and they need to protect those vulnerable in their family.

Reality is what you've said, come March 2021 there will be a big reality check for a lot of people if not sooner when the jobs they thought the government was holding open for them simply don't exist.

Can't wait to see how much more work I lose from the latest restrictions.

Anyone remember this ending? :'(

Yeah a couple of years back I got VPN blocker so I could get the American version of Netflix

I then proceeded to watch every episode of Futurama back to back over a month or so

Good times.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crazy over here in Perth 1 of the builders I work for has had record sales the last couple months. telling me to put on extra workers if we want to keep up. same as most builders its basically going to be another boom. Hopefully dont get a second wave over here or it might * s**t up

crazy over here in Perth 1 of the builders I work for has had record sales the last couple months. telling me to put on extra workers if we want to keep up. same as most builders its basically going to be another boom. Hopefully dont get a second wave over here or it might fu** sh*t up

Who is building houses now? Don't get it. Why is there suddenly boom?

id be ****ed if I had a small business or was employed at a place that could close down any second and I'd be building.

Whilst I think job keeper has been a good move by the government it has created the greatest false economy in the history of mankind. Many are earning more then they used too and think they will be immune to the long term effect or plainly just haven't considered them. Raising the payment of job seeker has had the same effect as many long term unemployed have effectively doubled their income and now have $500+ disposable income a fortnight as they've learnt to live of the normal job seeker payment.

On the way the government is dealing with it, it really is the half pregnant approach. They lock us down while telling us they can't get rid of it. Put all the effort into protecting the vulnerable and let those who want to take the risk do so and they need to protect those vulnerable in their family.

Reality is what you've said, come March 2021 there will be a big reality check for a lot of people if not sooner when the jobs they thought the government was holding open for them simply don't exist.

Can't wait to see how much more work I lose from the latest restrictions.
Yeah but problem is you can’t run an indefinite support but you also can’t just go suck it up - we would be staring 15+% unemployment in the face.

But it has. People don’t realise how bad the economy has tanked, and just think it’ll be normal again.

I think the hope with JobKeeper is that it would get us through to a near-elimination, but it won’t.

The queues will be back at Centrelink. It’s a case of when.

Unemployment payments were far too low previously, to say people were living off them isn't true. No one can "live" off $600 a fortnight. Some months you can't afford to pay bills/buy groceries.

For example, car registration is far too dear still for those with a health care card. How can you get to job interviews and work if you can't afford registration, car service/maintenance etc?

If we (me and he Mrs) had to live off unemployment benefits at $600 a fortnight I'd probably end up necking myself. Luckily we still have work but God knows for how long....again.

Who is building houses now? Don't get it. Why is there suddenly boom?

id be f’ed if I had a small business or was employed at a place that could close down any second and I'd be building.
well they averaged about 100 a month pre china virus. in last 2 months sold 550 houses. did about 80 a month during lockdown phase so not like it was everybody holding out. guess the $45k stimulus helped a heap but I was for sure no campaigner would be buying a house and I'd be off to the mines to be a s**t kicker but nope looks like ill be working 6 or 7 days a week. ******* crazy really.

well they averaged about 100 a month pre china virus. in last 2 months sold 550 houses. did about 80 a month during lockdown phase so not like it was everybody holding out. guess the $45k stimulus helped a heap but I was for sure no campaigner would be buying a house and I'd be off to the mines to be a sh*t kicker but nope looks like ill be working 6 or 7 days a week. ******* crazy really.

Yea I dont get it. It's not like the property maket has crashed totally like it did in the US and people are getting dirt cheap housing all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back