Bumped Random Chat - Food Glorious Food, AKA - I want BBQ!

Remove this Banner Ad

Crimson Azure

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2007
Mariana Trench
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Lamb on the spit
Just gonna put all the info even though you already know how to do it. You can easily do 1-1.5kg of meat with this recipe, even more. It does enough meat to fill my 5 tray dehydrator.

Marinate for 24 hours, stir meat once, but you can do it for less if you want. Often I just do it overnight.

Spread out 4 layers paper towel, lay meat out flat ensuring no overlaps and put 4 layers paper towel on top and press out as much liquid as possible.

Cook on high- mine is 70 degrees for about 5 hours. When done, leave door off, let rest for at least another few hours as putting in a bag if still any heat will rehydrate.

¾ cup soy sauce
4 tablespoon Worcestershire
4 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot
3 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon Tabasco
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
½ tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dry mustard

This gives you a medium heat, add more chili if you want it hotter. If you like it really hot then go with you mates reaper. My reaper plants have just started to flower along with the rest of my chilis. Was at a friends yesterday giving him some chili plants and he had a black cobra chili which I've never seen so grabbed a chili for the seeds.
Oh, Topkent CWaffles 00Stinger and I don't even remember who I discussed this with. I forgot to mention one ingredient I also put in my jerky marinade, its a splash of liquid smoke.

Remove this Banner Ad