Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As inept as the government are, Labor seem to be equally inept as opposition
they did manage to lose an almost unlosable election

You guys are really breaking the stereotype of the silver-spoon, privileged Melbourne supporter. Or were you on Youth Allowance because daddy cooked the books to show you'd earnt the 18k or whatever it was that meant you qualified?
Nah, was just at uni for long enough for the 'over 21 but FT student' criteria to kick in for a couple of years.

sooooo, anyone cook any BBQ recently?
Baby back pork ribs
d196494281aa6a44ba1e674feca29468.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Here's what I just experienced in the last 30 minutes.

Disclaimer: Very disgusting story.

I went in the backyard with the dog for him to wee, and he found an injured bird, he tried to get it but it got away and surrendered to safety under the deck.

30-40 minutes later he wanted to go out again, thinking that the bird would've flown away, (it could still somewhat fly) I let him out.

But no, he had the bird, headless, in his mouth. So I screamed out to my mum, who was the only other person in the house and we got some treats and a spray bottle to try get him to drop it. We offer him a treat but he ignores it, instead wanting to come back inside with the bird. We spray him with water and he eventually dropped the bird. Now you'd think the bird would be dead now, but no, the bird's legs start moving, mum and I are screaming, it was absolutely horrific.

The bird is still outside to this moment, we're waiting for it to die naturally and then we'll shovel it over onto the empty lot next door.

Here's a photo of the culprit, Maxy (named after Gawn) he's a 4 1/2 yr old schnoodle.
16150739709911644508234.jpg

Here's what I just experienced in the last 30 minutes.

Disclaimer: Very disgusting story.

I went in the backyard with the dog for him to wee, and he found an injured bird, he tried to get it but it got away and surrendered to safety under the deck.

30-40 minutes later he wanted to go out again, thinking that the bird would've flown away, (it could still somewhat fly) I let him out.

But no, he had the bird, headless, in his mouth. So I screamed out to my mum, who was the only other person in the house and we got some treats and a spray bottle to try get him to drop it. We offer him a treat but he ignores it, instead wanting to come back inside with the bird. We spray him with water and he eventually dropped the bird. Now you'd think the bird would be dead now, but no, the bird's legs start moving, mum and I are screaming, it was absolutely horrific.

The bird is still outside to this moment, we're waiting for it to die naturally and then we'll shovel it over onto the empty lot next door.

Here's a photo of the culprit, Maxy (named after Gawn) he's a 4 1/2 yr old schnoodle.
View attachment 1071798
He's beautiful, IMF. Just look at those innocent eyes. "I would never harm a bird... nope... not me..."

Update:
The bird has moved and nobody has gone outside. This is getting really creepy.
I used to have a cat called Fang. He was awesome, but was an indoor/outdoor cat and unfortunately was an effective hunter.

My most persistent phobia is a horror of dead things. If I'm walking along and I suddenly catch sight of a dead bird on the path or whatever, I squeal and jump 3 feet in the air. So one day Fang leaves a dead and mangled rat on the doormat. My partner was away so I couldn't get him to remove it. I kept telling myself all day (it was Sunday) that I would have to take action, but every time I approached the door I just hyperventilated a bit then packed it in. I had no food in the house so was stuck with a single beer and half a packet of BBQ shapes for tea. And the next day I had to climb out a window to go to work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've tried searching BigFooty for this but can't find the answer. On the mobile app, whenever a player's name is typed in full it's automatically followed by their career stats. It displays terribly and takes ages to scroll passed. Nightmare when team lineups bare posted. Is there a setting where I can turn this off?

I've tried searching BigFooty for this but can't find the answer. On the mobile app, whenever a player's name is typed in full it's automatically followed by their career stats. It displays terribly and takes ages to scroll passed. Nightmare when team lineups bare posted. Is there a setting where I can turn this off?
I don’t know, but it’s worth asking on the admin questions and feedback board

Soo I read about this situation in regards to the #notallmen and that women were attacking the blokes who were posting that for being insensitive.

The argument being that just because it's not all men, that doesn't mean they shouldnt be wary of all men.

That's fine, but if you use that logic on Muslim immigration, or a black kid inside a 7-11 and say well I'm not racist buttttt, I'm wary of all of them because some of them are bad then that's pretty ****ed.

Soo I read about this situation in regards to the #notallmen and that women were attacking the blokes who were posting that for being insensitive.

The argument being that just because it's not all men, that doesn't mean they shouldnt be wary of all men.

That's fine, but if you use that logic on Muslim immigration, or a black kid inside a 7-11 and say well I'm not racist buttttt, I'm wary of all of them because some of them are bad then that's pretty f’ed.
White privilege and toxic masculinity bro

If you are a white male aged between 18-50 you are expected to be sorry and apologise for other people's actions. In some cases if they even occurred 100 years before you were born

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

That's fine, but if you use that logic on Muslim immigration, or a black kid inside a 7-11 and say well I'm not racist buttttt, I'm wary of all of them because some of them are bad then that's pretty f’ed.
It's almost like complex social problems can't be solved with a hashtag.

I think anyone who is loud on Twitter should pretty much be ignored by default, regardless of their position.

But I agree that a lot of the proposed solutions are a bit blind to their consequences.

Anyone seen Paper Tiger? The rant about the plight of white women?

Just made my own brisket rub as I like them with a little more than just salt and pepper (even though I haven't done just those two as the Mrs doesn't like too much pepper). Trying it alongside the meat church holy cow rub.

Will report back my findings on this matter of national importance With photo evidence.

It's almost like complex social problems can't be solved with a hashtag.

I think anyone who is loud on Twitter should pretty much be ignored by default, regardless of their position.

But I agree that a lot of the proposed solutions are a bit blind to their consequences.

Anyone seen Paper Tiger? The rant about the plight of white women?
Who'd have thought! #problemfree

Solved.

Paper tiger hidden hashtag.

Which corner of the Internet are you camped out in to produce all these strange, binary thinkers Topkent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back