Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks sensational. What’s in the rub?
Black pepper, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper. Also salt the meat separately 30 minutes before I add the rub.

the meat church rub contains the salt so I apply it 30 minutes beforehand.

the smoker also adds a ton of flavour. Can provide the exact recipe if you’d like.

Black pepper, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper. Also salt the meat separately 30 minutes before I add the rub.

the meat church rub contains the salt so I apply it 30 minutes beforehand.

the smoker also adds a ton of flavour. Can provide the exact recipe if you’d like.
Sugar is a big no no with beef

Only use it for pork and maybe chicken

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Why is this?
With beef you want a salt based rub as its a flavor enhancer. The salt opens up your taste buds to increase the rich beefy flavor.

Sugar caramelizes the bark and make the meat a sweet flavor. Which is perfect for pork

With beef you want a salt based rub as its a flavor enhancer. The salt opens up your taste buds to increase the rich beefy flavor.

Sugar caramelizes the bark and make the meat a sweet flavor. Which is perfect for pork
Yeah, if you use a lot I guess, this rub had almost none so couldn't taste it.

Yeah, if you use a lot I guess, this rub had almost none so couldn't taste it.
Yeah look as long as you like it, it doesn't matter what you use really

Pollo asada
f82e1c06bf7864e61bbd71fc67111b2d.jpg

Pollo asada
f82e1c06bf7864e61bbd71fc67111b2d.jpg

Making me hungry!

Question, do you get much liquid come out of the brisket after you wrap it? And another, have you had issues where you Treager sits well above the temp setting it is on?

I had it set on smoke and its was almost always sitting around 90+ even though it should be on around 78. I know they fluctuate but seemed to be sitting too high.

Making me hungry!

Question, do you get much liquid come out of the brisket after you wrap it? And another, have you had issues where you Treager sits well above the temp setting it is on?

I had it set on smoke and its was almost always sitting around 90+ even though it should be on around 78. I know they fluctuate but seemed to be sitting too high.
Pretty sure there is moisture, but it's been a while since I did a brisket tbh

Are you properly cleaning all the ash out of the chamber from your previous smoke before starting the traeger up?

Pretty sure there is moisture, but it's been a while since I did a brisket tbh

Are you properly cleaning all the ash out of the chamber from your previous smoke before starting the traeger up?

Not every time but might have to try that. Didn't seem to be too full.

Not every time but might have to try that. Didn't seem to be too full.
Yeah if you don't clean it out the left over pellets in the chamber can cause the fire to be fire to be bigger and the temp higher. The traeger corrects this but it takes a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah if you don't clean it out the left over pellets in the chamber can cause the fire to be fire to be bigger and the temp higher. The traeger corrects this but it takes a while

I assumed the shut down mode got rid of them, seemed to when I took a look yesterday..

I assumed the shut down mode got rid of them, seemed to when I took a look yesterday..
Nope you need to clean it out after every cook. If not the chamber can block and start smoking out the hopper, I've had that happen before

Anyone watching that Making Your Mark show on Amazon? We'd have made a super interesting subject given the previous two years.
Three episodes in, looking forward to the rest of it.
Yep. 1st episode was pretty cringe (felt like the backing music was ripped straight of Friday Night Lights) but it's pretty fascinating how the Covid element unfolds. Particularly at the administration level. I've found that I actually like Dimma and Adam Simpson. Already liked Dew. Coniglio comes off as super boring and the wrong choice for a captain and Leon Cameron overdoes the psychoanalysis. It's definitely better than watching 360 every night

Yep. 1st episode was pretty cringe (felt like the backing music was ripped straight of Friday Night Lights) but it's pretty fascinating how the Covid element unfolds. Particularly at the administration level. I've found that I actually like Dimma and Adam Simpson. Already liked Dew. Coniglio comes off as super boring and the wrong choice for a captain and Leon Cameron overdoes the psychoanalysis. It's definitely better than watching 360 every night
Cringiest bit so far for me is Peggy trying to pretend she’s not hyperaware there’s a camera on her every time she talks.

Gws would be regretting their involvement, no one’s come across well.

Cringiest bit so far for me is Peggy trying to pretend she’s not hyperaware there’s a camera on her every time she talks.

Gws would be regretting their involvement, no one’s come across well.
Started watching due to online comments. It’s a diverting doco, and improves with reading these types of comments so keep up v good work

Excited! Found some lovely hanger steak at the market. Not the prettiest cut ever but delicious. Perfect for turning into fajitas. I’ve given it a light crosshatch scoring, and rubbed with ground chipotle, cumin and salt. In an hour or so I’ll chuck it in a freezer bag with lime juice & zest, Tabasco, evoo and I forget what else.

I like that you can find hanger/onglet, skirt, flat-iron etc at markets at times now. Really flavoursome cuts.

73655056-506C-4D2F-81CB-C872AE3AFC40.jpeg

Last edited:
Lmao a west Ham footballer has been dragged over the coals for an offensive tweet when he was 15, a full 10 years ago.

The tweet was ' that one friend who thinks they're black #n****rplease '

Sometimes I actually think this world can't be real because it's too bizarre.

Lmao a west Ham footballer has been dragged over the coals for an offensive tweet when he was 15, a full 10 years ago.

The tweet was ' that one friend who thinks they're black #n****rplease '

Sometimes I actually think this world can't be real because it's too bizarre.

Just glad I didn't use social media much as a teen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back