Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know bout you campaigners but next year good friday eve im loading up on cartons and bottles and selling them for 200%. The amount of dumb *s on our beer economy who havent brought piss is unbelievable. Make a killing

Just read on the AFL site that Trenners is averaging 40 possessions a game for Port in the first 4 rounds this season. I’d love to see him make it back. I wonder if he’s got on top of his foot problem and has been able to do a full pre-season.

Ever notice when ever Barrett appologises there's a 'but' tied in there?

"I was wrong, but here's why I think I'm still really right."

Re: the Luke Hodge stuff, I agree that talking to the players adds nothing to the broadcast, but the reason players keep their cards so close and get media training to essentially say nothing is because they get crucified by peanuts like Barrett when they do go off script. Not sure how sticking a microphone in Hodge's face when he's getting his hammy's rubbed down adds to or detracts from his performance at all, so as is typical with Barrett, he's gone out of his way to make a fuss over nothing.

Ever notice when ever Barrett appologises there's a 'but' tied in there?
I live by the principal that as soon as the word 'but' is used in an apology, excuse or any other rationalisation all previous comments are null and void.

If I ever apologies for something I've done I refuse to use the word 'but', even if I feel I am somewhat or mostly in the right.

Listening to Jack Reiwoldt on 360, players getting paid by the media to give an opinion are pathetic, even a lot of that x players, too scared about standing on toes and hurting players feelings.

Kane Cornes, David King and MacClure the only ones out there to keep it real. Australian sports media is pathetic honestly.

Grant Thomas another one who was great, network's prefer to play it safe and give the viewer the boring PC players. AFL players don't know how good they have it.

Listening to Jack Reiwoldt on 360, players getting paid by the media to give an opinion are pathetic, even a lot of that x players, too scared about standing on toes and hurting players feelings.

Kane Cornes, David King and MacClure the only ones out there to keep it real. Australian sports media is pathetic honestly.

The most important thing with any media work these days is that no one is offended. It can be completely banal and irrelevant and it's top notch stuff as long as no one gets their knickers in a twist.

My favourite part was when the Caroline Wilson drowning joke went around Jack Riewoldt said on 360 he wouldn't go on MMM again because the media had a responsibility. He then sat on the desk the day after fat guts said Fasolo was faking depression and said sometimes people make mistakes.

******* fake campaigners, don't need to hear anything about morals from those worms.

The most important thing with any media work these days is that no one is offended. It can be completely banal and irrelevant and it's top notch stuff as long as no one gets their knickers in a twist.

The TV world lives in this fake bubble, its all scripted and follows one narrative and path.

Love or hate Sam Newman, the world cant handle people like him who speak away from the line that society pretends to follow on tv.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where is it btw?

I've been guilty of bothering both Gawn and Tmac as a random in the past. Both are amazing about handling it. Tommy in particular - he's just a great guy. Makes such a difference when you talk to someone and they really act like they are listening to what you are saying and give a s**t. Especially since I was about the 50th person to come up to him that day. Naturally decent guy. I also like that he looks terrifying like a prison escapee psychopath on the field so it comes as a real surprise that he can be chatty and friendly (though I know that his true character is prison escapee psycho - which make it all the more impressive)
Just drop him a line about Jordan Peterson, he'd love it.

Just mowed my back yard for the first time this spring. **** me lawn grows out of control in BC. I felt like I was in the Battle of Winterfell. My mower is going to need counselling for the foreseeable future.
Maybe mow more often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back