Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a couple months worth of weird crammed into one evening tonight. My mates wife was in town for a creative dance performance and she invited me and my wife along. There were only about thirty people in this very small venue, and the first performance consisted of a heavy set girl coming out dressed in plastic bags. I knew immediately I was in serious danger of breaking out into uncontrolled laughter so I immediately began thinking about very sad things, like our forward line entries. She then starts swaying with her eyes closed before ripping open a bag above her head which resulted in molasses pouring all over her face and hair. She then started crying before walking out of the theatre into a busy downtown Vancouver Street. Thought provoking stuff. Of course 90% of the audience thought it was amaze balls. Then to top it off, my mates wife came out topless for her performance so I tried furiously to avoid looking at her **** for a solid 30 minutes.
Wow, swimming in molasses and ****, Jack Watts, eat you heart out! Tell the truth you dirty bas***d, your missus had to punch you on numerous occasions.
:cool:

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wow, swimming in molasses and ****, Jack Watts, eat you heart out! Tell the truth you dirty bas***d, your missus had to punch you on numerous occasions.
:cool:
It all felt weird. The ‘crowd’ were enraptured by it though. The questions and comments from the audience following the show were very amusing.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
some of his answers are head scratchers
* me. I've never had less confidence in any of our coaches as I now have after seeing this. Ariana Grande over Taylor Swift? * off mate.

Harry Potter can get stuffed too. Alistair Clarkson, That West Coast Guy, Richmond Coach, all of them have flags. All of them voted for Lord of the Rings. Not a great sign for Goodwin.

(FWIW I'm on team Kanye too tho)

That being said Goodwin came across ok I thought. Hinkley seemed like an absolute bore.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
You're right, we'd be a much better chance if we'd been bowled out for 150 off 30 overs.

He needs to rotate the strike more instead of dead batting half the deliveries, but if he isn't doing it now, he's not ever going to do it.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He needs to rotate the strike more instead of dead batting half the deliveries, but if he isn't doing it now, he's not ever going to do it.
Yeah Bevan and Hussey used to be able to switch tempos, brilliant and noodling the balls into gaps for 2s and 3s without risk and then upping the tempo later.

Was the discussion about being a number 3 or having too many dot balls in a recovery
Number 3s don't do recoveries in the same way though, do they? I believe the conversation was originally about wasting deliveries but I'd consider getting bowled out in the first 30 overs a bigger waste of deliveries. Khawaja scored 56 off 77 at a SR of 72 (Bevan had a SR of 74) after Maxwell got out (which is roughly when Bevan would be expecting to come in to bat). That's a pretty decent recovery.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Number 3s don't do recoveries in the same way though, do they? I believe the conversation was originally about wasting deliveries but I'd consider getting bowled out in the first 30 overs a bigger waste of deliveries. Khawaja scored 56 off 77 at a SR of 72 (Bevan had a SR of 74) after Maxwell got out (which is roughly when Bevan would be expecting to come in to bat). That's a pretty decent recovery.
Bevan and less so Hussey played in lower scoring eras. A 250 score in Bevans day was a tough chase although these English wickets are probably about 270 par looking at em

Bevan and less so Hussey played in lower scoring eras. A 250 score in Bevans day was a tough chase although these English wickets are probably about 270 par looking at em
Just don't understand what you're not happy about - the fact that Khawaja isn't Bevan or Hussey or the fact that he faced 120 deliveries when the rest of the top 6 could only muster up 51 off 77 deliveries, which incidentally is a worse strike rate than what Khawaja managed. Esp given the pitch is very clearly a minefield to bat on after the game on it on Tuesday, and even Taylor and Williamson (who tried to up the antieand then got out) whom are significantly better batsmen than Khawaja have operated at SRs around 50 for most of today. Batting for as long as Khawaja did on this wicket is no mean feat. Game would already be over if he hadn't done it.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Just don't understand what you're not happy about - the fact that Khawaja isn't Bevan or Hussey or the fact that he faced 120 deliveries when the rest of the top 6 could only muster up 51 off 77 deliveries, which incidentally is a worse strike rate than what Khawaja managed. Esp given the pitch is very clearly a minefield to bat on after the game on it on Tuesday, and even Taylor and Williamson (who tried to up the antieand then got out) whom are significantly better batsmen than Khawaja have operated at SRs around 50 for most of today. Batting for as long as Khawaja did on this wicket is no mean feat. Game would already be over if he hadn't done it.
I'm not unhappy at all. I chimed in on a discussion you blokes were already having. Khawaja doesn't rotate enough but I did say this might be a decent score. Certainly looks like it now

I'm not unhappy at all. I chimed in on a discussion you blokes were already having. Khawaja doesn't rotate enough but I did say this might be a decent score. Certainly looks like it now
NZ are ******* pathetic. It's a shame that the All Blacks put it together in the last two World Cups bc laughing at NZ choking as soon as there's any heat used to be one of the great pleasures in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back