Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the darkside!

How far did you go?

I've been battling a serious case of the Harley Bennell calves the last few months, so after taking about 4 weeks off I'm now 3 runs in, trying to gradually increase speed and distance, but failed miserably at it this morning, I had some prework out before hand, and instead of going the 4.50-5min/km over about 7km that I'd planned, I went at 4.37/km average ... whoops.
7km the other day and just under 5km last run. I used to be able to do 5km in a bit under 20 minutes when I was 18-20yo. No idea how I ever did that. Ive got a goal of 5km in under 25 minutes before I get too old. I did 4.3 in just over 22 minutes the other day so I'm not far off with only 4 runs under my belt.

4:37 is a good pace, especially over 7km.

7km the other day and just under 5km last run. I used to be able to do 5km in a bit under 20 minutes when I was 18-20yo. No idea how I ever did that. Ive got a goal of 5km in under 25 minutes before I get too old. I did 4.3 in just over 22 minutes the other day so I'm not far off with only 4 runs under my belt.

Only 4 runs in, you’ve got heaps of improvement to come then, as long as you keep pushing yourself, boxes will keep being ticked.

Back in my prime about 5-6 years ago, I was doing a sub 18min 5km, so I’m a long way from where I’ve been, which is slightly depressing, but I’m also well aware that I don’t have the 60–70km/week training in me anymore, and realistically, at this point I just want to keep going without an injury

Only 4 runs in, you’ve got heaps of improvement to come then, as long as you keep pushing yourself, boxes will keep being ticked.

Back in my prime about 5-6 years ago, I was doing a sub 18min 5km, so I’m a long way from where I’ve been, which is slightly depressing, but I’m also well aware that I don’t have the 60–70km/week training in me anymore, and realistically, at this point I just want to keep going without an injury
60-70 km a week running is crazy distance. Back in the day I was only running 5-6km a day along with boxing sessions because I was also doing heavy weights program to build strength and wanted to ensure I didn’t bulk up too much.

in reflection, perhaps I pioneered CrossFit. :think:

60-70 km a week running is crazy distance. Back in the day I was only running 5-6km a day along with boxing sessions because I was also doing heavy weights program to build strength and wanted to ensure I didn’t bulk up too much.

in reflection, perhaps I pioneered CrossFit. :think:
Yeah, I was semi professional at the time (while still working full time, but anyway) so had reasons to push it. I was doing 12-15km about 3-4 days a week, with a 20-25km run home from work thrown in, usually at about 4.15 pace as well ... oh to be young again!

My Canadian family, my sister just ran 80kms for the * of it yesterday in -20 conditions.

My Canadian family, my sister just ran 80kms for the fu** of it yesterday in -20 conditions.
I decided to cut and polish my wife’s car in the garage today instead of a run because it was blowing a gale and 12.

I'm butter.

saying that, it seems that a cut and polish is now a three stage process so I’m in the midst of a pig of a job. At least I’m basically unemployed now!

Am I the only one who thinks the PGA should be able to figure out how to safely hold events?
No, should be able to organise that, only issue is it would be a bit slow, tournaments would have to go for maybe 6 instead of four days!

Am I the only one who thinks the PGA should be able to figure out how to safely hold events?
yeah but might be hard with the restrictions on travel

We still have the horse racing going on here

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No, should be able to organise that, only issue is it would be a bit slow, tournaments would have to go for maybe 6 instead of four days!

I say have a 64 player tournament similar to the NCAA bball tournament (I assume you Aussies know what that is but not positive). Have them do match play, and follow a similar schedule as the NCAA and do it over a months time. The tv ratings would be huge- it would be the only game in town!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say have a 64 player tournament similar to the NCAA bball tournament (I assume you Aussies know what that is but not positive). Have them do match play, and follow a similar schedule as the NCAA and do it over a months time. The tv ratings would be huge- it would be the only game in town!
I like the idea but what would happen with the players who don't reside in the USA?

I am assuming America is like Australia at the moment where there aren't letting in foreigners

I like the idea but what would happen with the players who don't reside in the USA?

I am assuming America is like Australia at the moment where there aren't letting in foreigners

Great point. I’m betting the PGA could work something out with the US government even if it meant foreign players had to quarantine for a few weeks.

Last edited:

Well I know for sure they're trying to stop people crossing the Mexican border.

Any of the boards NFL fans interested in taking over some teams in a dynasty league on the NFL board? Don't have to have any experience in fantasy, just have to be keen and regularly set your lineup.

TheCount tagged you as your probably the only one who cares even a little. Achieved my goal on my fourth run with a 24:30 for 5km. Happy I could sustain a sub 5 minute average per km.

Didn’t think it would be so easy to get so I’ve now lowered it to 22:30. I’m wondering how low I can get if I keep doing a couple of runs a week and my legs get used to it as I’m still pulling up a bit sore. That could also be because I’m around the 90kg mark.

Any of the boards NFL fans interested in taking over some teams in a dynasty league on the NFL board? Don't have to have any experience in fantasy, just have to be keen and regularly set your lineup.
What's involved in it mate? I might be interested.

Just taking over another person's teams. Three spots available I'm pretty sure. So if you get in quick you might have your choice of the three. I'll tag you in the thread mate, GG.exe can give more information as it one of the few leagues on the board I'm not involved myself.

Do you still want in mate? GG has typed out all the info in the thread regarding the league and team available and given it to you if you want it? Perhaps go introduce yourself there, if you don't you can let me know here if you want.

Do you still want in mate? GG has typed out all the info in the thread regarding the league and team available and given it to you if you want it? Perhaps go introduce yourself there, if you don't you can let me know here if you want.
All sorted out mate, just trying to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back