Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His hands aren't tied though.

Isn't the rule "a player shall not at any time physically abuse any official, opponent, spectator or other person within the precincts of the tournament site"?

If the umpire saw what everyone else saw, he'd know it wasn't physical abuse (it wasn't) and told the lineswoman to go have a bex, a nap and some complementary tea and bikkies and then told Djoko to cool his jets... and we wouldn't be here talking about it.

I reckon the umpire defaulted Dkojo because he wanted all the attention and felt powerful (in other words: he's a drama queen)

Last thing I'll say on this because I don't really care that much: Djoko handled that with a tonne of class.
Can't help but think the fact he's a bit of a villain (ie: an anti-vaxxer etc.) may have played a part in it all.

Players hit balls back like that all the time after games, bet Novak's done it a million times and that's never happened before. It was clearly a "low impact" accident.

If it was. Kyrgios like hissy fit and a ball hit full pelt, I'd understand the need for a DQ.

Players hit balls back like that all the time after games, bet Novak's done it a million times and that's never happened before. It was clearly a "low impact" accident.
Yeah it's disgraceful. Not a massive tennis fan but would have thought it's a bit of a bradbury for whoever wins the mens now.

Same!

At first I thought my jeans had shrunk in the wash, but then I realised that the 12 pairs of jeans I didn't wash had also shrunk in the wash :$

Found a nice track near my house. Copped a fancy Apple iWatch thing but hate it. Gonna try that Strava app to keep track of how awesome I am.
Strava is great except they put the time rankings behind a pay wall so I had to pay for it as I love trying to steal other peoples KOM's.

Yeah it's disgraceful. Not a massive tennis fan but would have thought it's a bit of a bradbury for whoever wins the mens now.
Makes it slightly more interesting to me. Felt Djokovic was Bradburying anyway, with a reduced field due to COVID. Will have an '*' but would rather it not be a gimme for Novak cause the other big 2 didn't come to the USA.

I’ve put on weight during lockdown so I’m on a diet so I don’t emerge from this mess with all my clothes too tight. I’ve started exercising and all. Yesterday I ran/walked/staggered the tan. It’s not too bad actually. I’m still eating okay, just paying a bit of attention to how much and how often. Phone apps actually are great for this kind of thing. I’ve steadily lost 4 kg in 4 weeks and another 4 weeks and I’m all done and can eat shapes and get fat again
Is the Tan less than 5 k's from home? Is that allowed at the moment? Strange times down there.

Can't really hit a ball without looking where its going. Tough to cop a ball to the neck when you're not expecting it. Would make any of us choke. That umpire will have copped way more grief than positive recognition.

One of them was in play and one of them wasn't.
You have to draw a line somewhere and Djokovic got unlucky.
This. Neither was a malicious incident, but Nadal's was a mishit return Vs Novak's cranky reaction after the point was lost.
The reaction to the linesperson has been wild online though and totally too far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't really hit a ball without looking where its going. Tough to cop a ball to the neck when you're not expecting it. Would make any of us choke. That umpire will have copped way more grief than positive recognition.

Harder to cop a ball to the face at full pelt off a Nadal forehand return to a first serve when you're not expecting it like the ball girl did., Much harder.

In the end it comes down to the rule being a crock of s**t tho. Still doesn't mean the lines judge wasn't a massive drama queen tho.

Also commentator saying"i hope she makes a full recovery" ...lmfao . I think she'll be fine mate. 😂

Have a look at the reaction from the hit from the two.

The Aussie 12 year old took a rocket in the face and stood there smiling. The post was a bit of Tongue in Cheek.

Harder to cop a ball to the face at full pelt off a Nadal forehand return to a first serve when you're not expecting it like the ball girl did., Much harder.

In the end it comes down to the rule being a crock of sh*t tho. Still doesn't mean the lines judge wasn't a massive drama queen tho.

Also commentator saying"i hope she makes a full recovery" ...lmfao . I think she'll be fine mate. 😂
I lost my crap when he said that. In fact I was just laughing my head off again after reading that.

Everyone is an apologist for everything these days.

’Full recovery’ 😂 it’ll be touch and go to see if she survives her mild felt burn to the turkey neck.

The whole tennis thing should have gone halfway. Hit a ball in anger and strike someone - give him a reprimand and a fine or whatever. The ump overplayed it, as did the lines person somewhat I suspect, but the decision by the umpire was wrong. But * it I’m not a big tennis person anyway and a covid grand slam with half the field missing isn’t something I find myself lying awake worrying about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back