Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even yesterday, on average he had his drives start at the 37 yard line compared to Rodgers at the 23.

I'm convinced he's either made a deal with the devil or is football Jesus

Unreal? He threw 3 picks in 3 consecutive drives.

His first half was good but his second half was poor at best

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Meh, his second half was good enough that he's going to the Superbowl again. His first half set it up. Watson aside, this year's best 4 passing QBs effectively played off, and Brady put up that effort on the back of a long season, at 43 years of age.

Tbh I don't know why I'm defending him, I had him 285.5+ yards and he let my multi down.

Just on the cricket chat, saw some highlights of an Aus A game from the 90s, our top 6 was Hayden, Blewett, Martyn, Bevan, Langer, Ponting.

The level of talent back in those days was scary. That Aus A batting line up spanks this current team. In fact probably the 3rd string behind these guys does aswell as the 4th

Just on the cricket chat, saw some highlights of an Aus A game from the 90s, our top 6 was Hayden, Blewett, Martyn, Bevan, Langer, Ponting.

The level of talent back in those days was scary. That Aus A batting line up spanks this current team. In fact probably the 3rd string behind these guys does aswell as the 4th

I think the fact guys had to work so hard to even get close to a look at the first eleven was such a good learning experience for said players. These days we throw guys in off minimal form half the time and our young players in the shield are insanely overhyped. Compare that to India who are harnessing their incredible depth and the players they have DO have to work their arse off for years to make it into the test team. Australia in reality has been an elite team for one golden period since 2006/2007 (2013/2014 ashes through to 2014/2015 summer series vs India) and every other year we've been mediocre.

Looks like bark and sap but I can imagine it'd taste delicious.
Been trying out different levels of BBQ sauce vs Hot sauce and inbetween.
Me mate actually grows hot chilli's, thinking of starting a little business with like reaper level jerky.

Been trying out different levels of BBQ sauce vs Hot sauce and inbetween.
Me mate actually grows hot chilli's, thinking of starting a little business with like reaper level jerky.
My local butcher sells jerky and my dad likes it, bought him 30 bucks worth and it was barely a small bag worth. Probably a dent mark up on it.

My local butcher sells jerky and my dad likes it, bought him 30 bucks worth and it was barely a small bag worth. Probably a dent mark up on it.

Not sure the mark up in OZ, I got 4 kilos of round steak for $55, the same amount if it was jerky already would cost about $170

looks, tight, tight tight!

Try using a leaner meat like topside, the lesser the amount of fat the longer it lasts. I also dry it right out so that it almost rehydrates in as you chew it. It also last for ages if vaccine sealed. I’ve got a good recipe if your ever keen to try something different.

Try using a leaner meat like topside, the lesser the amount of fat the longer it lasts. I also dry it right out so that it almost rehydrates in as you chew it. It also last for ages if vaccine sealed. I’ve got a good recipe if your ever keen to try something different.

Yeah the strip cut was a butt steak, just came in a giant meat pack I ordered and wanted give it a try see how it worked. The round steak is the bigger pieces 👍👍
Much leaner.

I'll take that recipe. Just been fiddling around with soy sauce, pepper, garlic etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the strip cut was a butt steak, just came in a giant meat pack I ordered and wanted give it a try see how it worked. The round steak is the bigger pieces 👍👍
Much leaner.

I'll take that recipe. Just been fiddling around with soy sauce, pepper, garlic etc.
Just gonna put all the info even though you already know how to do it. You can easily do 1-1.5kg of meat with this recipe, even more. It does enough meat to fill my 5 tray dehydrator.

Marinate for 24 hours, stir meat once, but you can do it for less if you want. Often I just do it overnight.

Spread out 4 layers paper towel, lay meat out flat ensuring no overlaps and put 4 layers paper towel on top and press out as much liquid as possible.

Cook on high- mine is 70 degrees for about 5 hours. When done, leave door off, let rest for at least another few hours as putting in a bag if still any heat will rehydrate.

¾ cup soy sauce
4 tablespoon Worcestershire
4 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot
3 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon Tabasco
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
½ tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dry mustard

This gives you a medium heat, add more chili if you want it hotter. If you like it really hot then go with you mates reaper. My reaper plants have just started to flower along with the rest of my chilis. Was at a friends yesterday giving him some chili plants and he had a black cobra chili which I've never seen so grabbed a chili for the seeds.

Just gonna put all the info even though you already know how to do it. You can easily do 1-1.5kg of meat with this recipe, even more. It does enough meat to fill my 5 tray dehydrator.

Marinate for 24 hours, stir meat once, but you can do it for less if you want. Often I just do it overnight.

Spread out 4 layers paper towel, lay meat out flat ensuring no overlaps and put 4 layers paper towel on top and press out as much liquid as possible.

Cook on high- mine is 70 degrees for about 5 hours. When done, leave door off, let rest for at least another few hours as putting in a bag if still any heat will rehydrate.

¾ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Tabasco
½ tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dry mustard

This gives you a medium heat, add more chili if you want it hotter. If you like it really hot then go with you mates reaper. My reaper plants have just started to flower along with the rest of my chilis. Was at a friends yesterday giving him some chili plants and he had a black cobra chili which I've never seen so grabbed a chili for the seeds.
Love it I'll give it a crack
I actually tried with my last batch same process, but then at about the 4hr mark I lightly basted it with some of the left over sauce.

Came up a real treat.

Wow, your jerky has already been vaccinated!!

¾ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Tabasco
½ tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dry mustard

I need to try this, 2 questions what’s the best cut of meat to buy? Secondly you cook this is a dehydrator? Can I do it on the oven?

I need to try this, 2 questions what’s the best cut of meat to buy? Secondly you cook this is a dehydrator? Can I do it on the oven?
Top or bottom sirloin. Anything lean as *. Round steak was great.

I've done both yeah. In the oven keep em on a wire rack so air can pass around em. Cook it about 75/170

Top or bottom sirloin. Anything lean as fu**. Round steak was great.

I've done both yeah. In the oven keep em on a wire rack so air can pass around em. Cook it about 75/170

Cheers, thats going to be my Friday night project.

Progressives are making constant extreme piety checks and demanding the same, and if you don’t meet them you are outski.

Some are lightweight checks that most can agree to. Same sex marriage. Addressing racism. Yep everyone can agree to those.
Would SSM exist if not for the radical left advocating for it for years? Likewise, the Racial Discrimination Act was only introduced in 1975; I'm sure a few conservatives labelled these extreme measure at the time... a lot probably still do now.

As usual, today's contentious issue will have a consensus tomorrow.

And if you question it’s the same response... you get dogpiled and cancelled. Just look at JK Rowling.
Super important to debate ideas rather than shutting them down. I don't think JK was actually engaging with any discussions though- she threw a grenade into a room and had a whinge when people threw one back. That's just how social media works though.

(and FWIW I don't trust the Sky news articles claiming JK was some kind of progressive/left wing deity. She was rightly savaged for retconning her characters into homosexuals as the virtue signalling bullshit it was- my favourite of the memes that followed was: "Hagrid putting pencils into his dick is cannon")

Anyway sorry to dredge up an old post, I'm a few weeks behind the times :B :B :B

Topside is what I use and I do use a dehydrator. You can them pretty cheap on ebay and they work well. As TK said, you can use an oven but I haven't tried it.

Topside is what I use and I do use a dehydrator. You can them pretty cheap on ebay and they work well. As TK said, you can use an oven but I haven't tried it.

Cheers, I just ordered a Kilo of Jerky meat from the butcher they are pre slicing it. Will marinate it Thursday and leave in the fridge over night then in the oven Friday arvo.

Will keep my eye out for a dehydrator and try that method next.

Would SSM exist if not for the radical left advocating for it for years? Likewise, the Racial Discrimination Act was only introduced in 1975; I'm sure a few conservatives labelled these extreme measure at the time... a lot probably still do now.

As usual, today's contentious issue will have a consensus tomorrow.

Super important to debate ideas rather than shutting them down. I don't think JK was actually engaging with any discussions though- she threw a grenade into a room and had a whinge when people threw one back. That's just how social media works though.

(and FWIW I don't trust the Sky news articles claiming JK was some kind of progressive/left wing deity. She was rightly savaged for retconning her characters into homosexuals as the virtue signalling bullshit it was- my favourite of the memes that followed was: "Hagrid putting pencils into his dick is cannon")

Anyway sorry to dredge up an old post, I'm a few weeks behind the times :B :B :B
I think SSM would be a thing regardless, helped along by those with a taste for progressive politics perhaps, but that’s about the when, not the if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back