Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gonna put all the info even though you already know how to do it. You can easily do 1-1.5kg of meat with this recipe, even more. It does enough meat to fill my 5 tray dehydrator.

Marinate for 24 hours, stir meat once, but you can do it for less if you want. Often I just do it overnight.

Spread out 4 layers paper towel, lay meat out flat ensuring no overlaps and put 4 layers paper towel on top and press out as much liquid as possible.

Cook on high- mine is 70 degrees for about 5 hours. When done, leave door off, let rest for at least another few hours as putting in a bag if still any heat will rehydrate.

¾ cup soy sauce
4 tablespoon Worcestershire
4 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot
3 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon Tabasco
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
½ tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dry mustard

This gives you a medium heat, add more chili if you want it hotter. If you like it really hot then go with you mates reaper. My reaper plants have just started to flower along with the rest of my chilis. Was at a friends yesterday giving him some chili plants and he had a black cobra chili which I've never seen so grabbed a chili for the seeds.
Oh, Topkent CWaffles 00Stinger and I don't even remember who I discussed this with. I forgot to mention one ingredient I also put in my jerky marinade, its a splash of liquid smoke.

How'd you find it? In my experiences Ballarat is a bit of a shithole outside a few nice areas.
I've got lots of family from the Ballarat region so I don't mind it tbh. Might be because I know where to go and where is a shithole and to avoid

I used to go up there every second weekend and most of school holidays as a kid.

Now I just make the trip up every few months to visit my grand dad so I literally don't really leave his place much for the day other than maybe venturing to Lake Wendouree with the kids , stay the night sometimes and head back the following morning

I've got lots of family from the Ballarat region so I don't mind it tbh. Might be because I know where to go and where is a shithole and to avoid

I used to go up there every second weekend and most of school holidays as a kid.

Now I just make the trip up every few months to visit my grand dad so I literally don't really leave his place much for the day other than maybe venturing to Lake Wendouree with the kids , stay the night sometimes and head back the following morning

Makes sense, most of my business there has been in the cbd area which would explain the differing opinions.

Makes sense, most of my business there has been in the cbd area which would explain the differing opinions.
There is some nices places/pubs in Sturt street and some nice pubs around the town in general

By CBD I imagine you are talking near the mall at the bottom of Sturt Street and around Bakery Hill, its pretty s**t and a bit of a ghost town around there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Separately, Alex Sexton and his former Suns teammate and housemate Tim Sumner, who is indigenous, agreed to dress up as each other. This included Sumner painting Sexton’s face and skin black and Sexton painting Sumners’ face and skin white.

The Suns view the choice of outfits in the photo and on that day to be inappropriate, unacceptable and regrettable.

Alex Sexton today said he was sorry for what had happened in 2013.

“At the time I just saw it as two housemates dressing up as each other,” Sexton said.

I mean, this seems like a not racist scenario that's been convoluted into racism.

Separately, Alex Sexton and his former Suns teammate and housemate Tim Sumner, who is indigenous, agreed to dress up as each other. This included Sumner painting Sexton’s face and skin black and Sexton painting Sumners’ face and skin white.

The Suns view the choice of outfits in the photo and on that day to be inappropriate, unacceptable and regrettable.

“At the time I just saw it as two housemates dressing up as each other,” Sexton said.

I mean, this seems like a not racist scenario that's been convoluted into racism.
This is the world we live in. It's been let to get to the point now where almost everything is wrong.

I mean Mr Potato head is now just Potato head. Madness!

How long until they ban chess because the king can't choose to identify as the queen as it would be breaking the rules of the game?

Smoked pork ribs and chicken
7c6528a80171b9c3964b5d607962841f.jpg
fa35e8c4ee1d756c388c3a764e193aa0.jpg
a274bf99b25d8dc49f309991e80a20b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I mean Mr Potato head is now just Potato head.
The brand name is now Potato Head. As for the characters themselves, Mr. Potato Head is still Mr. Potato Head, Mrs. Potato Head is still Mrs. Potato Head, they are still on the shelves at K-mart along with their children Spud and Yam: they are not banned, "cancelled", or replaced by "gender neutral" LGBTIKEW+ Potato Heads as some media have reported.

More important than being politically correct, this change is grammatically correct (I mean, how can you have a Mr Potato Head Mrs Potato Head?), and this long overdue linguistic amendment to the Potato Head range delivers a non-gendered brand name in line with Hasbro's other excellent toy varieties such as Transformers ("more than meets the eye!"), My Little Pony, and Furby. Can't remember if the tophat in Monopoly has a dick or not- who cares.

A bit strange no cared about the brand name for Darth Tater, yet the media coverage caused stampedes around the world as people race to social media to denounce the evil thought police.. it's the start of the Orwellian nightmare, complete with shared sex toilets, soy milk replacing cows milk at the supermarket (!), and the total eradication of pronouns. Keep the outrage going son! Write to your local member of council- you can't tell me what to call my solanum tuberosum!

Free publicity for Hasbro, surely just a coincidence right?

Last edited:
How long until they ban chess because the king can't choose to identify as the queen as it would be breaking the rules of the game?
I think a radio presenter did take the piss last year when BLM kicked off everywhere and suggested it be banned because 'white goes first' but no one picked up the sarcasm and ran with stories that so-and-so says Chess is racist!

As Toump says I think these things get stripped of all context very easily and then become an easy 'Woke culture gone mad' article that gets clicks.

Spam:

Tipping is open for 2021. Medal and a Premium membership for the winner.

I get your point - there was no racism intended by Sexton, and Sumner himself did not take offence as far as we know. In that sense, it's hard to understand the outrage.

Where it gets murky though is the symbolism. White people painting themselves black is a symbol of the oppression of people of colour - the very act that meant black actors could be overlooked to represent their stories and characters. Symbols are powerful. For people that have been wronged, symbols are a constant reminder of the pain and suffering they've endured. They can also normalise or even popularise things that we shouldn't be celebrating.

In all these things there's rarely a clear cut answer - but I think we'd be better overall as a society if we moved further towards acceptance and understanding (with a health dose of tolerance thrown back the other way so we can have the debate without the outcry).

I get your point - there was no racism intended by Sexton, and Sumner himself did not take offence as far as we know. In that sense, it's hard to understand the outrage.

Where it gets murky though is the symbolism. White people painting themselves black is a symbol of the oppression of people of colour - the very act that meant black actors could be overlooked to represent their stories and characters. Symbols are powerful. For people that have been wronged, symbols are a constant reminder of the pain and suffering they've endured. They can also normalise or even popularise things that we shouldn't be celebrating.

In all these things there's rarely a clear cut answer - but I think we'd be better overall as a society if we moved further towards acceptance and understanding (with a health dose of tolerance thrown back the other way so we can have the debate without the outcry).

Did you even read the article mate lol
They both painted each other's skin to be each other. It's 2 mates taking the piss.

The article is saying Sumner can paint himself to look like Sexton innocently because it's a joke, but Sexton can't have done the same because he's white.

Did you even read the article mate lol
They both painted each other's skin to be each other. It's 2 mates taking the piss.

The article is saying Sumner can paint himself to look like Sexton innocently because it's a joke, but Sexton can't have done the same because he's white.
Yeah isn't the point of trying to stamp out racism to make every one equal, yet all it seems to be doing is trying to flip the oppression somewhat

Sexton had his face painted black by his mate who is of black skin so he could dress up as him. Why didn't Wilkinson have a crack at Sumner too?

Yeah isn't the point of trying to stamp out racism to make every one equal, yet all it seems to be doing is trying to flip the oppression somewhat

Sexton had his face painted black by his mate who is of black skin so he could dress up as him. Why didn't Wilkinson have a crack at Sumner too?

Makes no sense to me, like when that little kid years back wanted to dress up to look like his favourite AFL player NicNat but he can't paint his face to look like him.
When a kid who has no concept of racism asks why not the answer is because his skin is different, therefore you are different to him and you cant look like him.
That's the definition of racism.

Crow barring American history into a situation that really has no relevance is the problem with modern society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back