Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez i hate channel 10, especially the trainwreck of political analysis that is the project. They cover the Christian Porter rape allegations. Porter is a garbage human being and the fact he hasn't stood down is an embarrassment to our country and the liberal party, i'm not going to go any further. But nonetheless, the project gets their lead political correspondent Peter Van Onselen to cover the story. Only problem is, first thing off the bat he says is that he has known Porter for 20 years and he introduced him to his wife (don't know exact words, but they're mates), he then at every opportunity tries to flip the story on how bad this must be for Porter and the pain he and the libs must be going through. Van Onselen is a Murdoch dummie, at sky news for years and editor at The Australian. I'm sorry channel 10, but if you're going to suck off the libs, at least try do it more subtly than get a douchebag's best mate to cover the story. If anybody actually thinks that Australian news isn't biased than you must be living under a rock. Please watch friendlyjordies on youtube, he is very funny and covers a lot of media bias and corruption. Please read Michael West media too, he is an actual journalist and is insanely informative.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to do it.

I reckon PvO is usually good.

Stupid for him to cover it as "a mate".
PvO is a school captain who thinks he is better than he actually is because he uses big words. He is nothing more than a Murdoch henchman spreading lies and deceit wherever he goes. Very punchable face too.

Don't mind PvO usually, but agree it's an obvious conflict for him to do the story if they're so chummy.

FJ is a stooge for Labor/Unions. Admittedly, I lean that way so find his points more palatable, but he's just as much a paid personality as any News Corp journos. I find him a bit grating at times, (his schtick gets tiresome, comes off as a bit of leftie-Ben Shapiro with his fast talking down the camera rants about * the LNP) but overall pretty informative.

Don't mind PvO usually, but agree it's an obvious conflict for him to do the story if they're so chummy.

FJ is a stooge for Labor/Unions. Admittedly, I lean that way so find his points more palatable, but he's just as much a paid personality as any News Corp journos. I find him a bit grating at times, (his schtick gets tiresome, comes off as a bit of leftie-Ben Shapiro with his fast talking down the camera rants about fu** the LNP) but overall pretty informative.
Sure if you can forgive the casual racism and genocide forgiveness.

He’s a *******.

He literally said the reason the Uyghurs are being oppressed is because it’s a problem for China.

And that’s without touching his Italian stereotype bullshit of Barilaro.

He’s a total * knuckle and his schtick is only good for gags that are from the 80s.

He literally said the reason the Uyghurs are being oppressed is because it’s a problem for China.

And that’s without touching his Italian stereotype bullshit of Barilaro.

He’s a total fu** knuckle and his schtick is only good for gags that are from the 80s.
I think he was just reporting China's rationale, not excusing or endorsing it.

I think he was just reporting China's rationale, not excusing or endorsing it.
He literally claimed they were radicalised by the CIA which is propaganda straight out of Beijing’s mouth. He’s also appeared in Chinese state media.

Oh and by the way, genocide for ‘causing trouble’ is rot. Victim blaming at its finest.

i have no idea if porter is guilty or not .
as someone who has received a robodebt notice , which means i am guilty and have to prove i am innocent , * off you privileged arsewholes .
what an absolute bunch of reactionary tools we have accepted as leaders of our country . Are we better than this , do we really think that a rape inside our parliament house is easily brushed aside as ' s**t happens ' .
When does a minister accept responsibility for what happens inside that dept.
Funny how whenever the press actually question the govt , they run away . Ask them how much its going to cost to keep the Collins subs afloat because the the French subs won't be here until the 2030's at the earliest. Ask them about the F35's that don't like wet weather that we are spending billions on .
You won't hear about these because our press is most of the issue . Far too worried about getting access . don't want to be cut out.
Yeah go on , crap on about some bloke who has a page on yt that offends you.

Geez i hate channel 10, especially the trainwreck of political analysis that is the project. They cover the Christian Porter rape allegations. Porter is a garbage human being and the fact he hasn't stood down is an embarrassment to our country and the liberal party, i'm not going to go any further. But nonetheless, the project gets their lead political correspondent Peter Van Onselen to cover the story. Only problem is, first thing off the bat he says is that he has known Porter for 20 years and he introduced him to his wife (don't know exact words, but they're mates), he then at every opportunity tries to flip the story on how bad this must be for Porter and the pain he and the libs must be going through. Van Onselen is a Murdoch dummie, at sky news for years and editor at The Australian. I'm sorry channel 10, but if you're going to suck off the libs, at least try do it more subtly than get a douchebag's best mate to cover the story. If anybody actually thinks that Australian news isn't biased than you must be living under a rock. Please watch friendlyjordies on youtube, he is very funny and covers a lot of media bias and corruption. Please read Michael West media too, he is an actual journalist and is insanely informative.

The project is such a weird show I have no idea who it's for. Conservatives hate it for being too left, lefties hate it for being a pantomime of the left, paying lip service to nothing issues while tacitly endorcing conservative economic policies. How is it still on television, who is watching it?

The project is such a weird show I have no idea who it's for. Conservatives hate it for being too left, lefties hate it for being a pantomime of the left, paying lip service to nothing issues while tacitly endorcing conservative economic policies. How is it still on television, who is watching it?
Middle aged women, very powerful demographic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meh the Project is a ******* terrible agenda ridden show

You will feel better not watching shows like the Project, reading newspapers and watching the news

I was kinda happy when Facebook was banning the news on its platform too, no need to read or watch the political bullshit that is just presented in a way to trigger your emotions good or bad

i have no idea if porter is guilty or not .
as someone who has received a robodebt notice , which means i am guilty and have to prove i am innocent , fu** off you privileged arsewholes .
what an absolute bunch of reactionary tools we have accepted as leaders of our country . Are we better than this , do we really think that a rape inside our parliament house is easily brushed aside as ' sh*t happens ' .
When does a minister accept responsibility for what happens inside that dept.
Funny how whenever the press actually question the govt , they run away . Ask them how much its going to cost to keep the Collins subs afloat because the the French subs won't be here until the 2030's at the earliest. Ask them about the F35's that don't like wet weather that we are spending billions on .
You won't hear about these because our press is most of the issue . Far too worried about getting access . don't want to be cut out.
Yeah go on , crap on about some bloke who has a page on yt that offends you.

Completely agree. Also received a robodebt notice myself (All gone now obviously, I never paid a cent back so I wasn't due to any entitlements) and it was absolutely hideous what they did to people. I was lucky that mine was only for a few thousand so I could pay it but knew it was wrong so refused, imagine being one of those people with a 50k+ debt. Love how the media doesn't talk about the horrific suicide rates of people who did receive robodebt notices. I was actually reasonably conservative in my early 20s but now I'll never vote LNP as long as I live.

FJ is ok for his expose' type pieces (Palmer, Barilaro, Water theft etc) but his general rants get tiresome quickly. Add to Michael West Independent Australia and The Conversation. The latter I like due to the wide ranging topics and the declaration of interest requirement for authors. Seems there are still way too many pundits addicted to News Corp though ensuring the most corrupt government I can remember keeps on keeping on.

Also lol @ Robodebt. Absolutely ******* hideous system that illegally targeted and then robbed the most vulnerable people in our community.

It's also broken beyond measure- I absolutely hammered the welfare system while I was working cash in hand. I'd owe tens of thousands. Absolutely zero (count 'em!).. zero *s given whatso*******ever.

Also stung by robodebt, originally claimed debt was about $4000, revised to $700 odd. I paid mine off as slow as possible (about $20/fortnight, lol) but was a dick around getting Centrelink to actually look at the info I sent and had debt collector notices coming through while it was under review.
Would be s**t for someone in a less well off spot to deal with that and feel confident they'd be right on the other side.

Also stung by robodebt, originally claimed debt was about $4000, revised to $700 odd. I paid mine off as slow as possible (about $20/fortnight, lol) but was a dick around getting Centrelink to actually look at the info I sent and had debt collector notices coming through while it was under review.
Would be sh*t for someone in a less well off spot to deal with that and feel confident they'd be right on the other side.

Yep, I was in a comfortable position too so knew I'd be fine if forced to pay it but there would have been thousands of people that weren't in that position. My debt was so obscene as I worked out if I actually owed them the $4400 they claimed I did it meant I would have had to under reported my income every single week I was on the allowance (Which I didn't) by about $50-$100.

Yep, I was in a comfortable position too so knew I'd be fine if forced to pay it but there would have been thousands of people that weren't in that position. My debt was so obscene as I worked out if I actually owed them the $4400 they claimed I did it meant I would have had to under reported my income every single week I was on the allowance (Which I didn't) by about $50-$100.
Yeah mine was similar. I figured I'd made some errors over the few years I was getting Youth Allowance, but got about $6k all up and they thought I rorted 2/3s of it! Woefully designed system they preyed on those too scared or unsure/unequipped to push back

You guys are really breaking the stereotype of the silver-spoon, privileged Melbourne supporter. Or were you on Youth Allowance because daddy cooked the books to show you'd earnt the 18k or whatever it was that meant you qualified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back