Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Speaking of anonymous news, has anyone ever had to get their cholesterol down and have any tips? I put some weight on during lockdown that I've not been able to shift, and my doc has told me my cholesterol is now moderately too high and need to sort it out. I understand avoiding fatty red meat and full cream dairy, but does anyone have any suggestions of how to get it down fast?
I have no impulse control so I avoid supermarkets. All those "2 packets of choccy biscuits for $2"! type things work every time on me.

My suggestion is order stuff and pick it up. Saves time but also forces you to plan your meals. There's loads of nice apps and website that help you get to know what you're eating; for me it was easy enough to ditch a handful of crappy go-to meals (like a loaf of bread and two blocks of cadburys) and replace them with magic keto health wraps and avocados. I have to exercise now because I work from home permanently; prior to permanently moving into the living room, I'd force myself to be more active by doing basic s**t like getting off the tram/train station a few stops early and walking a lot. I find it's easier to make heaps of small changes that help me reach my goal rather than doing really drastic life-altering s**t which I'm too lazy for anyway.

Good luck!

Me too! I did it while working though - graduated a few years back. I wasn’t specifically setting out to practice though, it’s a valued qualification in Government. And mostly I just enjoyed it really. I really like studying. I wish I could just be a student
I also work in govt (naturally, being in Canberra). I was pretty half-assed in undergrad, but did my GDLP and some other study through work and enjoyed that a lot more. I guess I missed learning and studying and didn't really appreciate the opportunity I had as an 18yo.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Speaking of anonymous news, has anyone ever had to get their cholesterol down and have any tips? I put some weight on during lockdown that I've not been able to shift, and my doc has told me my cholesterol is now moderately too high and need to sort it out. I understand avoiding fatty red meat and full cream dairy, but does anyone have any suggestions of how to get it down fast?

Not an issue I thought I'd be facing in my 20s, but what can you do? Would like to shed 10kgs before the end of the year. Play racquet sports quite regularly, I intermittent fast, and I eat reasonably healthy. Just need to take the next step I guess and really drive the calories down.
Oats are your friend - they're a natural cholesterol inhibitor.
Oily fish is another good one. Salmon and Barra two of the better choices.

Lay off the animal fats, dairy etc. Biscuits and baked goods like that are a big no-no as well.

Lean meat, lots of veg and greens, and watch your portion size - even just cutting back a bit on the size of your meal can help.

Then exercise as others have said, but really important as well is rest. If you're not getting much rest it can really jack your numbers.

I'm blessed to have inherited high cholesterol and the above techniques are how I keep it in check

Anybody else see the broken leg in the UFC? Hall vs Weidman holy fu**. Silva broke his leg the same way on Weidmans leg so makes it even crazier
yeah watched it live

That was ******* horrible

Weidmans last 8 fights after winning and defending the title 4 times. The Romero flying knee was as brutal a ko as you would see, the Souza and Reyes flatlined him and now his leg ******* snaps clean in half and the ugliest thing was the fact that after he stood back on it it flopped and never went back straight
1619402208826.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has there ever been a shittier looking ‘hamburger’ than the Yumbo from Hungry Jacks? What sort of self-hating maniac would buy one of those things?

Last edited:
Gas there ever been a shittier looking ‘hamburger’ than the Yumbo from Hungry Jacks? What sort of self-hating maniac would buy one of those things?
That's the sort of s**t they serve up in American fast food 'restaurants'. Who tf would eat a mountain of ham between plastic cheese on buns with no sauce or anything. Yuck

Gas there ever been a shittier looking ‘hamburger’ than the Yumbo from Hungry Jacks? What sort of self-hating maniac would buy one of those things?
I wasn't sure if it was a pisstake when I saw the first add. 5 slices of hot ham and 2 slices of cheese? Did I fall into some 00's zany teen-drama universe or some s**t that this is being advertised? Are HJs in the satire game now?
And what sort of name is Yumbo. * that.

How do you take the concept of a ham and cheese toastie and * it up that badly?

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
He should watch shows like guys take out , diners and dives (?) .
America has a huge variety of food that isn’t MacDonald or KFC . Lazy comment from that poster IMO .

I don’t know the show mate, but I bet it’s a good one.

I don’t blame frosty. Americans have a well earned reputation for being fat and lazy, but that “sandwich” wouldn’t sell here!

I wasn't sure if it was a pisstake when I saw the first add. 5 slices of hot ham and 2 slices of cheese? Did I fall into some 00's zany teen-drama universe or some sh*t that this is being advertised? Are HJs in the satire game now?
And what sort of name is Yumbo. fu** that.
I used to love Hungry Jacks but they have been a joke for 5+ years now (perhaps even longer)

Man, how good is this board at the moment? We've gone from 'Mellon collie and the infinite sadness' to 'Dr Feelgood' all in just overt a month!

Hey dudes/dudettes. Been asking around for some help with future pathways n stuff.
How much more likely are employers to employ those who went to Melbourne/monash compared to La Trobe/Deakin/RMIT/Swinburne. Is it a sort of deal where a decent student at Monash = A grade student at La Trobe or something like that.
Asking because i'm flunking Maths Methods hard in school and if i drop it then that shuts down a lot of business/commerce degrees at Melbourne/Monash but not at the others and i'm trying to keep my options super wide open. Thanks.

Hey dudes/dudettes. Been asking around for some help with future pathways n stuff.
How much more likely are employers to employ those who went to Melbourne/monash compared to La Trobe/Deakin/RMIT/Swinburne. Is it a sort of deal where a decent student at Monash = A grade student at La Trobe or something like that.
Asking because i'm flunking Maths Methods hard in school and if i drop it then that shuts down a lot of business/commerce degrees at Melbourne/Monash but not at the others and i'm trying to keep my options super wide open. Thanks.
Imo most employers don't give a * where you went to uni.

Just make sure you have to right cultural fit for for the company

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back