Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been without power for over 24hr now and isn’t expected to be fixed before late tomorrow afternoon. Praying the gym is open tomorrow (I’m regional) so I can shower there before work as work is only 7 minutes away from me but they have power and I don’t. fu** this sh*t lol

I get annoyed when my power is out for an hour. * 2 days.

Been without power for over 24hr now and isn’t expected to be fixed before late tomorrow afternoon. Praying the gym is open tomorrow (I’m regional) so I can shower there before work as work is only 7 minutes away from me but they have power and I don’t. fu** this sh*t lol
That's ****ed up

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

That really sucks Schmuttt. I remember having hot water out for days at my last rental while the cheapskate owner fully explored cheapest options to fix it over an extended period. Gym shower before work for the best part of a week. I hope it gets fixed for you soon

Oh, 00Stinger I meant to mention a couple of things/tools I keep with me when using the spit.
  • Charcoal chimney/starter to get the beads going. $20-30
  • Jiffy firelights, chuck a couple under the chimney to get the beads going.
  • Water bottle. They come in handy to help with flare ups, especially if you do a pork or a leg of lamb. Just a little spray if is flares up to much. To help with this once the coals are going I will move them out of the centre and make a bit of a perimeter around the edge of the BBQ so the fat drips don't go straight onto the coals.
  • Saber or dirk to stoke the fire. I like the fancy name but I just use a stick. Helps to move things around.
It really is the most enjoyable way to cook for me as you're engaged throughout the cook. Love the smoker but its a bit more of the set and wait. With the BBQ I will sit by it and cook, have a few drinks and listen to the footy or music or watch something on the iPad.

Does anyone remember the Longford gas explosion? Had no hot water for 2-3 weeks. Not gas to cook or heat the house. Managed to get a plug in stove to cook with. In early spring too, I had some bloody cold showers.

Does anyone remember the Longford gas explosion? Had no hot water for 2-3 weeks. Not gas to cook or heat the house. Managed to get a plug in stove to cook with. In early spring too, I had some bloody cold showers.
Yep. Would have been around 97-98 from memory

Used to go to a mates every second day after school to shower. Always remember his d man sprouting 'everyone told me not to get an electric hotwater system, now they all want to use my hotwater'

Oh, 00Stinger I meant to mention a couple of things/tools I keep with me when using the spit.
  • Charcoal chimney/starter to get the beads going. $20-30
  • Jiffy firelights, chuck a couple under the chimney to get the beads going.
  • Water bottle. They come in handy to help with flare ups, especially if you do a pork or a leg of lamb. Just a little spray if is flares up to much. To help with this once the coals are going I will move them out of the centre and make a bit of a perimeter around the edge of the BBQ so the fat drips don't go straight onto the coals.
  • Saber or dirk to stoke the fire. I like the fancy name but I just use a stick. Helps to move things around.
It really is the most enjoyable way to cook for me as you're engaged throughout the cook. Love the smoker but its a bit more of the set and wait. With the BBQ I will sit by it and cook, have a few drinks and listen to the footy or music or watch something on the iPad.
Thanks mate

What's a flare-up?

I'm going to buy one this weekend and chuck it on Monday to eat before the footy

Thanks mate

What's a flare-up?

I'm going to buy one this weekend and chuck it on Monday to eat before the footy

When the fat drips onto the coals and ignites to flames, if the meat is sitting low it can get intense and turn the outside black. You get this a lot with pork and Lamb which both have a good amount of fat content.

Do you eat pork and like crackle?

When the fat drips onto the coals and ignites to flames, if the meat is sitting low it can get intense and turn the outside black. You get this a lot with pork and Lamb which both have a good amount of fat content.

I had roast pork with crackle for dinner tonight, so yes I do

Why?

Who honestly doesn’t like pork crackling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had roast pork with crackle for dinner tonight, so yes I do

Why?
A tip for awesome crackle. Stop the rotisserie at different points as it rotates when the skin is facing down so you can get some sustained heat on it (10-20 seconds). Helps get a really good blister on the skin. I also always buy some extra skin and do it on the oven. No amount of crackle is enough.

Last edited:
So I bought a whole brisket (19 pounds). And while some folks appear to think it’s sacrilegious to smoke something less than a whole one, I don’t have a big gathering of people happening any time soon so I was forced to cut it into 4 pieces and freeze three for later.

So I have a 5-6 pound piece (the thick end, not sure what that’s called) that’s been smoking for an hour or so. Hoping it will be done in 8 hours or less, but really have no idea. Will report results later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back