Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked it up, he's alive and stable in hospital apparently. Must have been scary at the time.
Apparently the BBC showed his face while he was getting CPR and showed his distraught partner running into the field in tears. Disgusting from them.

Apparently the BBC showed his face while he was getting CPR and showed his distraught partner running into the field in tears. Disgusting from them.

Was good to see the players form a guard around him as hard as that must have been for them.

Does it feel like soccer players suffer heart issues a lot more on the field than other sports? Aware it is the biggest sport in the world so might just be because there is a lot more people playing it, but I never hear about this in aussie rules/rugby/cricket/US sports.

Was wondering the same thing earlier today, and don’t know the answer. There have been a few heart related deaths in basketball that I can think of- Hank Gathers and Reggie Lewis.

Does it feel like soccer players suffer heart issues a lot more on the field than other sports? Aware it is the biggest sport in the world so might just be because there is a lot more people playing it, but I never hear about this in aussie rules/rugby/cricket/US sports.
Dylan Roberton I think had some heart issues. I've heard of a couple of other incidents at lower levels of folks collapsing mid-game. Usually there's some link to a rare, hard to detect condition somewhere.

So I bought a spit and decided to do my first chicken gyros
5204d9a6724dfc6123ef836ec25f792e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Looks great but don’t you get cold cooking outdoors?
It was pretty warm sitting next to the spit

I'm a sucker for open fire (even if the spit isn't a technically open fire

Now I'm in front of the fire place
68cfe0a8880075b459df5c0ecbb3d658.jpg

So my wife bought the meat grinder for the kitchen aid, so I had crack at some souped up burgers.

Ground up some topside and aged beef rib.... pricey, but jesus christ it is the best burger I have ever made.
I would really like a meat grinder. You can’t make good burgers with ready-ground mince. Too lean

So my wife bought the meat grinder for the kitchen aid, so I had crack at some souped up burgers.

Ground up some topside and aged beef rib.... pricey, but jesus christ it is the best burger I have ever made.
I got one of those a couple of birthday's ago too. Haven't had much use but does make things like burgers or bologneses gun. Also used it to do mash a couple of times when I can't be arsed doing it manually.

Tell me you had Brioche on that burger.

You have to. It’s some french thing, bread with added butter and sugar. Pretty sure there’s an umlaut in there somewhere too. You can’t go wrong with that, it’s science.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would really like a meat grinder. You can’t make good burgers with ready-ground mince. Too lean
You're right... chucking in that sweet sweet fat is so tasty!

My wife is Persian, she doesn't trust anything unless she has ground it herself. Interestingly, she also cooks things way too long, as the high altitude of her city means it takes 3x longer to cook. We're coming to a good understanding of how to cook chicken without inducing words like "dry" or "****" ;)

We share the cooking, so I'm only half the campaigner I sound like.

You have to. It’s some french thing, bread with added butter and sugar. Pretty sure there’s an umlaut in there somewhere too. You can’t go wrong with that, it’s science.
Ok, im going to be controversial.... I hate brioche buns.

The flavour is amazing, I agree. But such a high butter content just disintegrates when you add the hot burger patty.... i want my buns to be toasted (fried face down with butter), so have some crunch in the middle and some structural integrity.

The flavour is amazing, I agree. But such a high butter content just disintegrates when you add the hot burger patty.... i want my buns to be toasted (fried face down with butter), so have some crunch in the middle and some structural integrity.
I’m not a brioche fan for burgers. Too sweet and much too inclined to disintegrate. I make burgers with a regular bun, toasted. Grand Final day each year I try to make my perfect burger - I think I’m aiming for Australian dodgy take-away credentials - the brioche American style burger doesn’t do it for me. Plus I quite enjoy the beetroot inclusion and the runny egg

You're right... chucking in that sweet sweet fat is so tasty!

My wife is Persian, she doesn't trust anything unless she has ground it herself. Interestingly, she also cooks things way too long, as the high altitude of her city means it takes 3x longer to cook. We're coming to a good understanding of how to cook chicken without inducing words like "dry" or "****" ;)

We share the cooking, so I'm only half the campaigner I sound like.
I do 90% of the cooking. Early in our marriage we worked out she doesn't really like cooking (and that I'm an awesome cook) and that I don't like doing dishes.

Wife then bought a dishwasher. She's playing 4D chess with me.

So I bought a spit and decided to do my first chicken gyros
5204d9a6724dfc6123ef836ec25f792e.jpg

What did you think of the charcoal flavour?

Easy: chuck the brioche bun around the burger and then chuck a regular bun around that.

Structural integrity, crunch, plus added butter and sugar. Sorted.

Easy: chuck the brioche bun around the burger and then chuck a regular bun around that.

Structural integrity, crunch, plus added butter and sugar. Sorted.
McDonalds all new inception burger.

50/50 blend of beef rib and brisket is the best mix

Brioche is very good, potato buns even better

What did you think of the charcoal flavour?
Yeah it was good. I bought the meat already marinated, next time I'll marinade it myself

WTF do you mean, cool overnight, no way, get that sucker into a bowl with heaps of ice cream and double cream, that will cool it down and fang right into it. Bloody hell mate.

I can only assume RD is a cartoon character and has set it on the ledge of a window for it to get pinched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back