Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever heard someone say 'Ta very much' to you?

What the hell is that!? I don't even.

Ta very much for the response.
My aunt says Ta Muchly. That's worse I think. She's weird though, and South Australian.

A post somewhere or other - he was at the match but not able to post because he was 'working'. So I instantly concluded that he is Jack Watts.

You know, I cannot think of any logical argument against that. Puppet Master is Jack Watts.

A post somewhere or other - he was at the match but not able to post because he was 'working'. So I instantly concluded that he is Jack Watts.
I think his lack of response to this accusation is because he's been told to rest his poked eye for the next few days, so no straining it on computer screens ...

This is all making so much sense ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we hold onto JKH, there are many other players we can delist ahead of him and I'd like to see what he can do after a full pre-season.

I'm also a bit bewildered by all the posts wanting to trade ANB. That kid has some serious potential.

I hope we hold onto JKH, there are many other players we can delist ahead of him and I'd like to see what he can do after a full pre-season.

I'm also a bit bewildered by all the posts wanting to trade ANB. That kid has some serious potential.
Couldn't agree more. Casey is full up with late 20 year old's who've reached their ceiling that have been overtaken by kids, they're the ones we show the door ... and even then, I don't think we go over the top with that, we've only got late picks, 3-4 picks is more than enough.

Does Melbourne have the longest current finals drought?
Friday afternoon research:
2016: Sydney, Adelaide, Geelong, Hawthorn, GWS (first appearance), West Coast, Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne
2015: Fremantle, Richmond
2014: Essendon, Port Adelaide
2013: Collingwood, Carlton
2012:
2011: St Kilda
2010:
2009: Brisbane
2008:
2007:
2006: Melbourne

Nil: Gold Coast

Hey. I made my own Thai green curry paste last week and have a whole lot leftover in the freezer. So I decided to see what happens if you add green curry paste and some coconut milk when you are making a pumpkin soup. It's pretty good actually.

I should start a Proper Gander's interesting recipes thread, except that is one of very few successful experiments. I can certainly advise anyone against putting sliced bananas on vegemite toast. That didn't work well. I'm not sure why I thought it might.

I should start a Proper Gander's interesting recipes thread, except that is one of very few successful experiments. I can certainly advise anyone against putting sliced bananas on vegemite toast. That didn't work well. I'm not sure why I thought it might.

I tried this last week. I was also surprised it didn't work - I really thought the sweet+salt would be an amazing breakfast combo. But it was like oil and water. The tastes didn't combine; it just seemed to bring out the worst of both.

I tried this last week. I was also surprised it didn't work - I really thought the sweet+salt would be an amazing breakfast combo. But it was like oil and water. The tastes didn't combine; it just seemed to bring out the worst of both.
I think it is the amazingly successful combination that is salted caramel that could have misled me on this one. In my head vegemite bananas worked well but the reality was pretty dreadful. I should probably stick to following recipes or at least experimenting with known combinations. The explosion of international cuisine after growing up on staples like Irish stew (which can convert to exotic with a boiled egg added plus some Keens curry powder) probably had too powerful an effect on me. When you can have success with African dishes combining meat and apricot, or melting chocolate into a chilli or having blood orange, walnuts and blue cheese appear in a salad - somehow this led me to a false conclusion that inspired cooking results from putting any combination of food you like together in some manner. I was surprised to discover that there are things that aren't improved by the addition of milo - leftover duck ragu being a good example.

In my head vegemite bananas worked well but the reality was pretty dreadful.
One of my ex-girlfriends swore by this combination. Clearly she had questionable taste, but all the same I always assumed Bananas and Vegemite was workable.

On the other hand, I always believed chili & chocolate being a palatable combination for anyone was a myth.

Anything + Milo... keen to try, will report back :D

One of my ex-girlfriends swore by this combination. Clearly she had questionable taste, but all the same I always assumed Bananas and Vegemite was workable.

On the other hand, I always believed chili & chocolate being a palatable combination for anyone was a myth.

Anything + Milo... keen to try, will report back :D
I think she may be unusual in that.

On the other hand, the whole thing has given me a new idea to work with that would be French toast or something along those lines with sliced banana topped with salted crushed peanuts and sprinkled with milo. It's a sort of sloppy snickers deconstruction. Or I could switch the peanuts for pistachios and call it something fancy like Le Dolce Snic

So at the perfect learning age of 36, I'm gonna have a crack at learning to play the guitar and have lashed out and bought an electric guitar. I've been watching youtube a lot and it's definitely easy to do. I'm pretty confident I'll be at a professional level by the end of the weekend.

So at the perfect learning age of 36, I'm gonna have a crack at learning to play the guitar and have lashed out and bought an electric guitar. I've been watching youtube a lot and it's definitely easy to do. I'm pretty confident I'll be at a professional level by the end of the weekend.
I did that last year only I bought a Sherrin and talked some mates into some games of football. I haven't been drafted yet but I think this is an oversight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back