Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our soccer team is completely f’ed, the talent level is probably at an all time worst. Saw an article not too long ago about us having like 1 outfield player who plays regularly in the top 10 rated leagues on earth.

Letting Postecoglou go was the biggest mistake we ever made, we won't have another Australian coach with that mindset and quality for a long time.

Can't even remember the campaigner who took over but you're never gonna engage fans going to a world Cup and playing for 1-0 as an Aussie coach. Id rather go down 5-3 like Farina and Postecoglous teams than lose 1-0 having 2 shots for the game
Yeah that 2018 WC was grim. Don't think we scored from open play at all, even for a few games leading in too. Jedinak was our best goalscorer cause he took the penalties and fks.

Lot of places in the states won't accept anyone with different vaxines. Has to be 2 of the same. Me one mates had 3 now
Yeah my brother in law lives in New York and got his third dose a few weeks ago

Yeah we're a bloody disgrace, 1,500 deaths compared to the UK with 139,000 and Canada with 28,000 go figure.
So you think this has been handled well in this country/state?

Whilst the death rate is down compared to other countries, using that as the only measuring stick is deeply flawed for several reasons

Living a ripping life stuck in your loungeroom for 2 years though aye mate 👍
Even before this pandemic though anyone who has/had travelled/lived overseas could se how much of a nanny state we are.

This has just exemplified it

Living a ripping life stuck in your loungeroom for 2 years though aye mate 👍
Well as I don't live in Melbourne I have not been subjected to the harsh conditions that others have had to endure over an extended period of time, therefore I am thankful for that. Also as I cannot work from home I have been lucky enough to get out on a daily basis, and again I am very grateful for that.

So you think this has been handled well in this country/state?

Whilst the death rate is down compared to other countries, using that as the only measuring stick is deeply flawed for several reasons
Made no comment about how it has been handled, or tried to use that information as a measuring stick vis a vis other countries.

I'm no basketball expert or am I even interested in the sport tbh but has there ever been a more unAustralian type of Australian athlete than Ben Simmons?

Seems to really be everything Aussies don't like in their athletes that represent them

Doesn't work hard, refuses to give him all ext

That's not even taking into consideration some of his bullshit antics last time he was in Australia

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm no basketball expert or am I even interested in the sport tbh but has there ever been a more unAustralian type of Australian athlete than Ben Simmons?

Seems to really be everything Aussies don't like in their athletes that represent them

That's not even taking into consideration some of his bullshit antics last time he was in Australia

Nick Kyrgios and Bernard Tomic like this.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

I’m by no means an expert on Australian culture. But was literally thinking today that he seems to run counter to what the rest of the world perceives Aussies to be about.

I couldn’t loathe this guy any more than I do, and I barely give a * about basketball.

I don't mind Kyrgios, he seems pretty honest about just wanting to have fun and admits he'll never have the work ethic to be a no. 1. Still see him around Canberra a bit and he seems pretty approachable.
Tomic seems like a big floggo though.

Yeah we're a bloody disgrace, 1,500 deaths compared to the UK with 139,000 and Canada with 28,000 go figure.

A huge part of that was simply due to the fact that we live on an island and can isolate ourselves from the rest of the world.

Kyrgios isn't like Tomic imo

I don't mind Kyrgios, he is pretty open about him being more of an entertainer than a tennis player

From all reports off court he does a lot of good and is a pretty decent bloke

I’m by no means an expert on Australian culture. But was literally thinking today that he seems to run counter to what the rest of the world perceives Aussies to be about.

I couldn’t loathe this guy any more than I do, and I barely give a fu** about basketball.
Yeah kind of the opposite to how Australians like their sports stars. Like more of the underdog and battler think Delavedova or a Pat Rafter tennis wise

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I got prescription reading glasses today. Should have gotten on this years ago. Miraculous! I can read books and Bigfooty again! Plus I can look super intellectual when I’m in the mood. Yay glasses

I got prescription reading glasses today. Should have gotten on this years ago. Miraculous! I can read books and Bigfooty again! Plus I can look super intellectual when I’m in the mood. Yay glasses
Prescription glasses gang rise up. Where’d you get your frames from?

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Did this a few months ago. ******* ace being able to read without strain again but mostly it's about looking smart.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kyrgios isn't like Tomic imo

I don't mind Kyrgios, he is pretty open about him being more of an entertainer than a tennis player

From all reports off court he does a lot of good and is a pretty decent bloke
I’ve never thought as low of Kyrgios as Tomic. However, he does kind of tick the boxes of not really giving a *. He’s got enough talent to win a slam but doesn’t really want it. I think most people accept for who he is but don’t really love him for it.

Its going back in time a bit but Ned Zelic was also a massive *******.

s**t news outlet, I get it but how ****ed is this?

I've been pro choice on peoples ideas on the vax and think the lockdowns have been extreme but it's ****ed that people like this are trying to cash in on the issue. It's people like this that are trying to get people scarred of the vaccine turned to the extreme right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back