Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more that they pay well and have good working benefits and tend to be less cut throat*

* By this I mean in a financial sort of way as far as spending/cost cutting ext

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Oh right. Yeah.

It’s not really spectacular pay, nobody got rich working for government. Even the most senior public servants get a fraction of the amount of senior manager types of big corporations.

It does, as you say, have advantages in terms of leave conditions and job security for ongoing employees - though I’ve seen a fair number of forced redundancies in the past decade or so. And the workload keeps increasing of late where agencies use natural attrition to reduce ASL and you find yourself taking on more and more tasks, but that’s everywhere not just govt employees

Sincere apologies for jumping down your throat. I spent far too long over the break with grumpy retirees distantly connected to me via in-law type stuff who thought it was okay to crap on endlessly about shiney bums and lazy bureaucrats stealing “my tax dollars” and similar s**t. And they don’t like government decisions then assume I am personally responsible

Oh right. Yeah.

It’s not really spectacular pay, nobody got rich working for government. Even the most senior public servants get a fraction of the amount of senior manager types of big corporations.

It does, as you say, have advantages in terms of leave conditions and job security for ongoing employees - though I’ve seen a fair number of forced redundancies in the past decade or so. And the workload keeps increasing of late where agencies use natural attrition to reduce ASL and you find yourself taking on more and more tasks, but that’s everywhere not just govt employees

Sincere apologies for jumping down your throat. I spent far too long over the break with grumpy retirees distantly connected to me via in-law type stuff who thought it was okay to crap on endlessly about shiney bums and lazy bureaucrats stealing “my tax dollars” and similar sh*t. And they don’t like government decisions then assume I am personally responsible
All good, i didn't really take it that way

My wife has worked in the government sector her whole life. Their maternity leave benefits were awesome, she basically went a whole 12 months on half pay, was great. She works for local government though and their wages for what they do are very, very generous. When they over spend on a budget they spin it into a positive and everyone is happy, I often tell her the same thing gets down at companies I have worked for then people start losing their jobs. There have been quite a few restructures at her work, mainly fixing up * ups in the previous restructures with the people implementing them getting off scott free, which I often tell her wouldn't fly in the corporate world

For years until my grandpa passed away he would always comment to my wife that the council and council workers do nothing. It's just part of the parcel I guess

I'm sure there are public servants that are overpaid, and others that aren't, like any industry. As far as senior roles go I would have thought the private sector would be more desirable, but what the f would I know about jobs lol.

Proper Gander are their lots of immigration investigators? I got family that do that for the department of immigration.

I’m not an immigration investigator. I’m essentially an education investigator - but my special subject is fraudulent and bogus education to facilitate visa grants and so forth. Can be fun sometimes. Warrants are hilarious. And I got to be quasi undercover in a controlled investigation once. that was great. I played the role of Proper Gander sort of pretending to be a regular auditor with hidden cameras and phone tapping and all sorts of cool stuff done by a bunch of AFP guys.

I think there are a fair few. Probably not enough. I know there aren’t enough in some areas. Governments like to target particular things and migration stuff is a bit of a vote winner, so most of the people I’ve come across seem to be chasing unfortunates across fruit paddocks in the Riverina or jump out from a pot plant to catch someone in minor crime. I sort of feel for them. I would hate sending desperate people back to s**t countries. On the other hand, I don’t mind hassling the massive criminal enterprise people who profit from exploitation of a vulnerable group.

I mentioned this earlier in a thread in regards to Clarrys games streak, i think honestly with the way he's going he will break Stynes Consecutive games record.
Yze got close then Dannhers unceremoniously omitted him. Claytons too consistent

Its not so much about how consistent you are its about not getting injured *knock on wood* with the way Clayton plays I dont see it happening, happy to be proven wrong.

I’ve decided to get a couch. One with one of those sticky out bits on one end so you can really slob while watching the footy. And a new coffee table because with the sticky out thing, the existing one is too large. And I’m going to get rid of the spare bed in what is now my WFH office because I don’t really like spare people and move the old couch in there for the cats.

I’ve decided to get a couch. One with one of those sticky out bits on one end so you can really slob while watching the footy. And a new coffee table because with the sticky out thing, the existing one is too large. And I’m going to get rid of the spare bed in what is now my WFH office because I don’t really like spare people and move the old couch in there for the cats.
How many spare people do you have in your couch less residence?

I’ve decided to get a couch. One with one of those sticky out bits on one end so you can really slob while watching the footy.
I got a sticky out bit couch, I paired it with a square pouffe that's the same height as the couch so it transforms into a bed kinda thing. Plenty of room for me + my chippies, dippies, ice creams chocolate blocks and cola bottles :thumbsupemoji:

I got a sticky out bit couch, I paired it with a square pouffe that's the same height as the couch so it transforms into a bed kinda thing. Plenty of room for me + my chippies, dippies, ice creams chocolate blocks and cola bottles :thumbsupemoji:
Brilliant! That’s exactly what I’m after!

Smoking pork baby back ribs and brisket today
7ef3e5e91f0183c307a60790f61ddf4d.jpg

Sincere apologies for jumping down your throat. I spent far too long over the break with grumpy retirees distantly connected to me via in-law type stuff who thought it was okay to crap on endlessly about shiney bums and lazy bureaucrats stealing “my tax dollars” and similar sh*t. And they don’t like government decisions then assume I am personally responsible

I'm a government shill so had to cop my aunty asking me why her tax dollars were paying for Dan Andrews' bloated team of social media advisors.

I could of, but didn't, remind her that her husband is an accountant so probably slips through so many dodgy loopholes that you would effectively not contribute any tax at all to anything despite the multiple properties you own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a government shill so had to cop my aunty asking me why her tax dollars were paying for Dan Andrews' bloated team of social media advisors.

I could of, but didn't, remind her that her husband is an accountant so probably slips through so many dodgy loopholes that you would effectively not contribute any tax at all to anything despite the multiple properties you own.
As a CPA accountant there aren't dodgy loopholes, just tax benefits that now everyone takes advantage of

Anyway

Beef brisket, pork baby back ribs, onion rings, waffle fries & coleslaw
38e834c4b8d6f108192b5638a8adceb3.jpg

You did that?

Actually I can see you did. Restaurant food doesn’t usually come with remotes and kitchen towel for napkins.

It looks amazing. Also, great remotes

You did that?

Actually I can see you did. Restaurant food doesn’t usually come with remotes and kitchen towel for napkins.

It looks amazing. Also, great remotes
Yeah that was me, remotes and all

To be fair the waffle fries & onion rings were bought frozen but I did shallow fry them

Last edited:
Yeah that was me, remotes and all

To be fair the waffle fries & onion rings were bought frozen but I did shallow fry them

That food looks excellent mate, these are Prosecco battered onion rings which my missus demands from me on a regular basis, try them, you should put them on your Menu, they are fantastic.
1641629599752.png

That food looks excellent mate, these are Prosecco battered onion rings which my missus demands from me on a regular basis, try them, you should put them on your Menu, they are fantastic.
View attachment 1307736
Do you make them yourself?

That look ******* amazing. By looks of the batter they look homemade

Do you make them yourself?

That look ******* amazing. By looks of the batter they look homemade

Yes I do mate, the missus, god bless her cotton socks wouldn't eat store bought crap.

Yes I do mate, the missus, god bless her cotton socks wouldn't eat store bought crap.
Haha my mum was a baker/pastry chef so I'm pretty good at visually picking home made stuff

Do t even get me started on bread/cakes/pastries that were prepped a day earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back