Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys. Relatively new poster here.

Had a couple of portfolios that I lost motivation for really quickly. I do feel quite bad for that. But I wanted to put in a bid for the NAFLR in 2018/19.

I know that the bidding isn't open but wanted to float some ideas around and figured this would be the best spot. No point starting a thread as it would waste space.

Been doing my preliminary designs in Paint as I'm at work and can't access Photoshop which I have at home. Plus, it's quite fun working pixels at a time in Paint to be honest.

My team would be the Barossa Valley Vintners. I lived there for a couple of years and I have a fondness for the place. The first guernsey I mocked up is a Heritage Round jumper celebrating the German heritage of the region.

upload_2018-6-16_19-24-19.png

Obvious German tricolour that semi wraps around, which is inspired by the 2018 Adelaide clash guernsey. Tricolour socks looked silly so I opted for pure black. The off-white base is due to it being one of the main colours for my main guernsey, which I'm yet to make. Penfolds as the sponsor due to it being the most prominent winemaker in the region.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-16_19-16-49.png
    upload_2018-6-16_19-16-49.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
upload_2018-6-16_19-54-48.png

The home guernsey. The two colours used symbolise white and purple grapes which are the lifeblood and history of the Barossa Valley. Used a lightened purple to have a smoother transition from the V neck to the rest of the guernsey. Decided on purple shorts and then predominantly off-white socks.

upload_2018-6-16_20-23-38.png

Away guernsey is pretty simplistic. Simply features that off-white base with a purple BVV (Barossa Valley Vintners) monogram. Off-white shorts and purple socks.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-16_20-16-50.png
    upload_2018-6-16_20-16-50.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 102
  • upload_2018-6-16_20-17-7.png
    upload_2018-6-16_20-17-7.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 88
upload_2018-6-16_20-43-54.png

And then clash, using the two shades of purple and a hoops design.

Some people night be aware that I coach junior under 10s. I looked outside and it's bucketing down rain. Any tips on game plan or advice for playing footy in the wet? Remember we have zones and we also use a synthetic ball.

Some people night be aware that I coach junior under 10s. I looked outside and it's bucketing down rain. Any tips on game plan or advice for playing footy in the wet? Remember we have zones and we also use a synthetic ball.

Use the rain to slide into players knee first - go for the side of the ribs where the opposition is the most vulnerable.

Um I don't think under 10s should be doing that...

If you don’t think Under 10s should be doing that, I don’t think you should be coaching Under 10s.

THE AIM FOR UNDER 10S IS TO HAVE FUN BUT LEARN THE BASICS.... KIDS SHOULDN'T BE TAUGHT TO TAKE OTHER KIDS OUT
Yeah but like it’s also fun to deck some 10 year old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE AIM FOR UNDER 10S IS TO HAVE FUN BUT LEARN THE BASICS.... KIDS SHOULDN'T BE TAUGHT TO TAKE OTHER KIDS OUT
I’d argue that a sneaky gut punch falls under ‘the basics’.

never change lynton. :')

Do your team peform like Gold Coast's 4th quarters?
The team I play for did a Gold Coast today- didn't score in the last and blew a five goal lead. Not very fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back