Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

KIA was GWS' first ever sponsor. They never wore it in games though.

222441_d5bb132458902caff3fc639d3c96f3a9.jpg

The pic above is a legit guernsey but there's a decent fake floating around too which someone on this board owned.
Decent is a stretch
187727_67298b7a14949bd5ecf86768c43d819a.jpg

Honestly, I've seen worse. Considering the person that bought it had to ask the board to confirm it was a fake, it means the manufacturer did okay. You don't see too many tapered side panels on fakes.
That's true, though at the time I thought the collar was a dead giveaway.
And the thin cuffs and the colours seemed off but mainly the collar.

KIA was GWS' first ever sponsor. They never wore it in games though.

222441_d5bb132458902caff3fc639d3c96f3a9.jpg

The pic above is a legit guernsey but there's a decent fake floating around too which someone on this board owned.
Would love to see a Heritage Round with this used!

Would love to see a Heritage Round with this used!
My thoughts exactly.
Would've opted for that tripanel they wore at one point as a training guernsey as a faux-back but this could work as a real heritage guernsey.

There is a GWS fan who sometimes posts here (General Giant perhaps) who says that Team GWS and the Giants aren't the same club.
I think they are, but I'm not really in the know on GWS and I'd advocate for that jumper in a heritage round.

There is a GWS fan who sometimes posts here (General Giant perhaps) who says that Team GWS and the Giants aren't the same club.
I think they are, but I'm not really in the know on GWS and I'd advocate for that jumper in a heritage round.
How are they not the same club?

Can't wait for the One Club movement and EST. 2012 to appear on the back of the jumpers, neatly above the CANBERRA all while trying to claim their magnitude of NEAFL flags from a distance past

Can't wait for the One Club movement and EST. 2012 to appear on the back of the jumpers, neatly above the CANBERRA all while trying to claim their magnitude of NEAFL flags from a distance past
And the subsequent featuring of all 3,554,238 premiership years in BF supporters' bios.

hqdefault.jpg

Wouldn't likening it to Port mean the jumpers would say Est. 2009?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I've ventured here so hope I'm in the right spot.

Keen to talk about the failure that is GC's branding and whether there are plans to fix this in the off season as a fresh start for the whole club?

I get they will keep the basic same colours and the Suns etc but there's still a lot they could do within that.

First time I've ventured here so hope I'm in the right spot.

Keen to talk about the failure that is GC's branding and whether there are plans to fix this in the off season as a fresh start for the whole club?

I get they will keep the basic same colours and the Suns etc but there's still a lot they could do within that.
I heard when we brought on x-blades in 2017 they wanted to look at doing a revamp but didn't have enough time for the start of the season. come 2018 we were expecting some sort of change up but there was nothing. personally i'm hoping for a bit of a mix up at some stage too. it doesn't help when our colours are the three primary colours (and bright versions of them) as they look pretty rubbish combined. I hope this offseason they work on an overhaul.

I heard when we brought on x-blades in 2017 they wanted to look at doing a revamp but didn't have enough time for the start of the season. come 2018 we were expecting some sort of change up but there was nothing. personally i'm hoping for a bit of a mix up at some stage too. it doesn't help when our colours are the three primary colours (and bright versions of them) as they look pretty rubbish combined. I hope this offseason they work on an overhaul.
And they're just Brisbane's colours, but except are lighter hues.

Thanks for the reply.
If Suns fans generally feel like this you should make a push with the club. Lions fans had success with the lion!

Even a random American knows that Gary Ablett didn't hold that mark ;)

It was a mark. He controlled it all the way to the ground and it bounced out with the impact. I've had many an argument about that mark, although it seems I'm in the minority unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back